Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ozymandius1024 posted:

Hearing the comments in the doc from both of the jurors almost sent me into a rage.

I can totally empathize with the younger juror though. That jury was sequestered for almost a year, meaning they were essentially prisoners. No tv, no newspapers, just a Gideon bible in your hotel room, some lovely books, and the trial. That was their life, they were going to get the gently caress out asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Imagine finding 12 people in 1996 who didn't know about OJ and the murders

That is your jury

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The OJ jury was dumb as gently caress.

Like wasn't his blood and fingerprints and DNA found all over the crime scene?!?!?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

A Man and his dog posted:

The OJ jury was dumb as gently caress.

Like wasn't his blood and fingerprints and DNA found all over the crime scene?!?!?

DNA was a relatively new thing

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Ross Angeles posted:

DNA testing was first used for trials I believe in the mid-late 80s. For such a super high profile case and having the amount of cash the LAPD does, you would think they could just PCR some strands.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ross Angeles posted:

Yeah, but on the other hand husbands murdering their wives was not.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I recall hearing that one Juror said "Why do they keep harping on about this DNA stuff?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Plus with that super racist detective heading it it was super easy to sell the idea of OJ being framed. The evidence didn't matter at that point.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

And the Jury didn't across as dumb to me. They just didn't care.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The hosed up part was that she found happiness with Ron after years of abuse and affairs from OJ.

Then OJ couldn't stand it so he just killed them both.

hosed up man.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

And the Jury didn't across as dumb to me. They just didn't care.

again, imagine the level of ambivalence it takes not to know who OJ was in 1996

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah while the doc down played it a bit their fears and conspiracy thoughts were legit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The hosed up part was that she found happiness with Ron after years of abuse and affairs from OJ.

hosed up man.

Ron wasn't her boyfriend

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Imagine being a juror

You answer the jury duty summons, get told you will hear a case about some football guy you never heard of, spend the next year of your life in total isolation with eight hours a day looking at lawyers talking about stuff you don't understand, and when its finally over and you get to interact with the outside world for the first time you find out you were just a part of the most discussed trial in the history of the country

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

hosed up man.

Ron was just a dude who was returning some sunglasses

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Ron was just a dude who was returning some sunglasses

Come on man thats the 90s version of netflix and chill

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dude those jurors knew what the gently caress was up in the outside world outside of the case.

That was totally a racial ruling on the case.

Black people basically said hey white people "gently caress you".

It's all horrible and lovely but that's the truth.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Dude those jurors knew what the gently caress was up in the outside world outside of the case.

That was totally a racial ruling on the case.

Black people basically said hey white people "gently caress you".

It's all horrible and lovely but that's the truth.

Yeah they were not as isolated as you imagine. I'm pretty sure I remember learning after the fact some female juror was communicating with her family about the whole thing during the trial and was well aware of the publicity.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

hosed up man.

...I don't think you actually watched the documentary.

So what are the chances that OJ actually gets to watch this whole thing?

Jubs fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 20, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

The worst was that insanely incompetent officer who defended the King assault.

Or the other dude who thought choke holds fixed everything.

That other dude was Fuhrman himself.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jubs posted:

...I don't think you actually watched the documentary.

So what are the chances that OJ actually gets to watch this whole thing?

He already knows what happened

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

That other dude was Fuhrman himself.

I wasn't paying attention as he wasn't that important to the story yet, but that makes sense.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Unsurprisingly he's a Fox News contributor.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

effectual posted:

He already knows what happened

But how can he when his search for the real killer goes on?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The Interview: Bloopers, Blunders, & Boners!

Custody Hearing

Jubs fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 21, 2016

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

An ad for Juiced:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/oj-simpson-juiced/981300/

The theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtSQsd5j6Q4

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My life was over because I was a racist :qq:

Fuhrman is a real piece of work

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

OJ finally found his calling as a Florida Man

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I totally understand how people would think OJ is set up.

I was 7 when the trial was going on and I was just going with what the adults around me were going with, and they were convinced he was set up. Given the context of what was going on in LA at the time, I now understand why people were so adamant about that, and this documentary did a loving AMAZING job at setting the scene.

However, as I got older I just felt like he was guilty, and as much sense as this may not make, I didn't know just how guilty he was until I watched this. Yeah murder is an on/off switch, but jfc OJ just seemed like a piece of poo poo beyond your usual dude who kills his wife/girlfriend/ex-wife out of jealousy, and I didn't even know such a distinction could be made since, at the end of the day, murder is murder.

That might sound silly but that's what I got from the documentary. That was some loving super murder.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 21, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I dream of a day when people of all colors and creeds can agree that it's never okay for a man to cut his wife's head off, barring extraordinary circumstances.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Why the gently caress would the police set up OJ of all people. It makes no sense. He was loved by white america.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

nachos posted:

Why the gently caress would the police set up OJ of all people. It makes no sense. He was loved by white america.

It doesn't make sense as a big, complicated conspiracy theory, but when the detective who denied being a racist is caught on tape being a cartoon :heritage: super turbo hellracist to an absolutely ridiculous/terrifying degree, the idea that maybe at least HE could have planted evidence seems a lot more plausible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

nachos posted:

The lead detective was a horrible racist and someone white died. The ultimate sin.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

nachos posted:

I was wondering that the entire time as well.

sean10mm posted:

It doesn't make sense as a big, complicated conspiracy theory, but when the detective who denied being a racist is caught on tape being a cartoon :heritage: super turbo hellracist to an absolutely ridiculous/terrifying degree, the idea that maybe at least HE could have planted evidence seems a lot more plausible.

Them shifting the focus to Mark Fuhrman (and the jury falling for it) was pretty hilarious.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

nachos posted:

White america also isnt the demographic that thought he was set up. An entire* victimized race did, and they had a good reason I think.

*hyperbole

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Also, did I hear correctly that his manager (at the time) was the one who told him to stop taking his arthritis medication so his hands would swell and the glove wouldn't fit as well?

That whole thing of him trying them on in the court room was such a circus.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Didn't one of the jurors do the black power salute right after the verdict was read? The jury fell for the racial angle pretty hard which considering the times and place would be pretty easy for the defense to swing them that direction.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I think people are underselling how much of a psychopath Fuhrman was proven to be by the defense. Dude perjured himself on live TV and got called on it using a tape of him dropping 41 n-bombs. There were credible witnesses saying they heard him talking about wanting all black people to die.

When a lot of the evidence goes through the hands of a guy who is a total loving monster, any prosecution is likely to poo poo itself. The jury was wrong but it's not hard to understand where reasonable doubt came from when one of detectives involved is an utter lunatic.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Honestly the documentary handled the dude with kid gloves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Honestly the documentary handled the dude with kid gloves.

Furman put the kid gloves on the editor's hands while he wasn't looking

• Locked thread