Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Gonz posted:

I was 11 years old when this happened, on summer vacation with my family in Florida at my grandparents' house.

I don't think I went to sleep until 3 or 4 AM when it happened because I couldn't peel myself away from the TV. None of us could. It was surreal; like a weird dream of some kind. I was switching between CNN and network news listening to all the talking heads and ex cops and lawyers giving their take on what could happen.

I was 23, living at home in a small Iowa town and working as a lifeguard at a city pool. I came home from work, turned on the TV, and the chase was on every broadcast and news channel. I watched it until they arrested him. Watching the NBA Finals game that night was a bizarre experience.

The next day my folks and I drove to Des Moines. We did a little shopping and saw Speed. That was surreal as hell after what we saw not 24 hours earlier. When the news helicopters were shown on screen I busted out laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Grittybeard posted:

OJ if I remember right. Which...yeah.

It was O.J., while being driven away by the cops after finally surrendering.

• Locked thread