Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

reallivedinosaur posted:

ed edd and eddy was a good cartoon but you cant say it was the best

couldnt have been better than earlier seasons of dexters lab

i hate you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The best cartoon is the episode of Arthur where DW learns the word "gently caress" and goes around saying it, complete with the bleep sound effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJTcbd2bWHQ

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Lava Lava - Houston We Have a Problem

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
All you faggots really need to check out Freakazoid. It only got two short seasons, but if it had come out today it's fans would have become more annoying than Homestuck, bronies, and all anime evangelists combined.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Animevangelists

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
evangelion is good

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Wulfolme posted:

All you faggots

get a load of the kettle calling the pot black

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Wulfolme posted:

All you faggots really need to check out Freakazoid. It only got two short seasons, but if it had come out today it's fans would have become more annoying than Homestuck, bronies, and all anime evangelists combined.

uh that is already the case

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
i thought i was among friends

i thought we were speaking freely

i thought

i thought i could share

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wulfolme posted:

i thought i was among friends

i thought we were speaking freely

i thought

i thought i could share

Everything you say, WILL be used against you.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
OK but all joking aside Freakazoid was the kind of half-nonsense every-line-is-a-joke show people have gone gaga for on Adult Swim in recent years. It was the form perfected, only decades before its time, like Jean-Jacques Perry's electronic pop album. It didn't catch on at the time, but it's just one strange video going viral away from a tremendous and annoying resurgence in popularity that will briefly vindicate long-time fans of the show like myself, before crushing them with the harsh, despairing, penis-encrusted reality of how humans on the internet respond to things they like en masse.

go watch freakazoid front to back you will enjoy it but tell no one or we will all have hell to pay

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i think heavy metal is a fun cartoon movie

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Freakazoid can suck a dick a real good cartoon was Tintin

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
also Fables of the Green Forest

where the laughing brook chuckles all day

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Wulfolme posted:

OK but all joking aside Freakazoid was the kind of half-nonsense every-line-is-a-joke show people have gone gaga for on Adult Swim in recent years. It was the form perfected, only decades before its time, like Jean-Jacques Perry's electronic pop album. It didn't catch on at the time, but it's just one strange video going viral away from a tremendous and annoying resurgence in popularity that will briefly vindicate long-time fans of the show like myself, before crushing them with the harsh, despairing, penis-encrusted reality of how humans on the internet respond to things they like en masse.

I sort of think if there was going to be a Freakazoid revival it would have happened by now. The only thing think that could revive it is if in the new DCU relaunch also had Dexter Douglas/F! getting absorbed into it as a DCU character

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
ghost stories. it was this really lovely anime that flopped in japan and when it got dubbed over here the dubbers were told "gently caress it this is poo poo, do whatever you want with it"

this was the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

TheVekter
Sep 29, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The best cartoon is the episode of Arthur where DW learns the word "gently caress" and goes around saying it, complete with the bleep sound effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJTcbd2bWHQ

I actually expected a YTP, I'm legit surprised. That was pretty good.

Has anyone mentioned Megas XLR yet? I should break my Coop costume out again some time. Bruce Campbell was in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w10M490oTA

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Objection... it's anime not a cartoon... motion to proceed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

wow what a lovely thread sorry

• Locked thread