Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I hope Phil Kessel has his own personal Stanley Cup parade around Toront, riding in a hot dog cart.

I'd take a day off work to follow it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Think they will petition for Duper? Think it'll be accepted?

Considering he was on the ice and lifted with the cup you know he'll be petitioned. The NHL is pretty lenient about petitions for players. The half the season and/or one cup finals game requirement is so that the 8 or so players who play a dozen games on a sporadic call up during the year don't clutter up the cup. Dupuis is a guy who would've played the whole season if not for injury. There's no way he's left off.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/StevenOleksy/status/742394039832481792

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Is he hyper religious or something?

No, apparently he's just never felt the need to drink.

quote:

“I’ve never tried a sip of alcohol in my life. Definitely no beers for me,” Oleksy said. “I don’t even have an explanation. I just never had a reason to try it. To be honest, I can have fun and be in a happy mood without it, so I have no reason to drink.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl/ugly-face-nobody-wants-to-see-that-capitals-27-year-old-rookie-has-stories-and-scars

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah not that it's any of our business if he really had never touched alcohol in his life by age 30 then it's about 100% that he either would rather not tell the media about his tortured family history of alcoholism or would rather not tell the media about his superfaith. I wouldn't want to tell the media about either of those things, either. That poo poo's private.

Nah, sounds like he genuinely doesn't drink alcohol just because he doesn't want to. My cousin is like that. No history of alcoholism in the family, not in the least bit religious, he just doesn't like the idea. His wife insisted he have a sip of champagne at his wedding. The ensuing grimace made it look like he'd been forced to drink poison. It's kind of part of his identity too. He'd just always be DD when people went out, and usually got to drink pop for free all evening and then people would get drunk and buy him food too. He loved it.

Some people just don't drink, all power to them.

• Locked thread