Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

GameCube posted:

I don't know a god drat thing about sports except what NHL 94 taught me. What's the big deal about Phil Kessel.
Highly touted prospect coming into the league, never quite hit the initial hype but was still a great player. Because of his body shape, play style, personality, losing a testicle and funny voice he gets a lot of flack as well; seen as a finesse player, fat guy, weirdo, etc. Got traded from Boston to Toronto for a gigantic return. Toronto is run by idiots, and their media is run by super idiots, so Kessel gets a lot of blame for playing great on a terrible team. He gets traded for peanuts, has kind of a disappointing season, but lights it up late in the season and in the playoffs. A really fun, good player who gets a lot of poo poo for dumb reasons, and one who was specifically talked about as not having the mental fortitude or whatever to do well in the playoffs (which he always has in his limited appearances) or be a big part of a Cup winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

MRLOLAST posted:

Crosby with the Conn Smythe Wtf. Kessel was the top scorer. Stupid NHL trying to create narratives.
It's good to not just look at the scoring list and vote based on that. And giving it to any player creates narratives, including stuff we've talked about frequently regarding Kessel.

• Locked thread