Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
client
Aug 19, 2010

i'm going to open carry my bastard sword in the pizza hut.

nobody will gently caress with my breadsticks now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
eat bog butter to replenish your health bar!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

turns out using carbon nanotubes to make steel can make some rad loving steel, and some egghead scientists found carbon nanotubes in Damascus steel swords. so a bunch of jerks in the past lucked into making some sweet swords and our steel is already better than those so it's only a matter of time until we get some fuckin swords that can cleave through lampposts and poo poo like butter

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was a documentary.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

gently caress it even has Donald Trump in it lol

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

client posted:

i'm going to open carry my bastard sword in the pizza hut.

nobody will gently caress with my breadsticks now

I'm unironically less worried about a bunch of dudes walking in carrying longswords or something in open carry than revolvers or something.

This is already sounding like the perfect plan.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I've recently smithed myself a Pike custom fitted with a USB thumbstick on the end to act as the point of contact. When you stab a man to death you can download his soul and trade it in for 50 gold

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was a documentary.

The vibrating blades thing is actual science, of course it's not practical for military uses.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

turns out using carbon nanotubes to make steel can make some rad loving steel, and some egghead scientists found carbon nanotubes in Damascus steel swords. so a bunch of jerks in the past lucked into making some sweet swords and our steel is already better than those so it's only a matter of time until we get some fuckin swords that can cleave through lampposts and poo poo like butter

Actually aliens gave them damascus steel.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I was watching one of those hacky sorta-documentaries (History Channel?) about weapons and it was about how some medieval bog-lurkers may have accidentally created carbon steel early by forging swords with their dead relatives ashes

totally conjecture but that sounds badass

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.
Do you think this will bring about the return of sword canes? We'll have posh gentlemen who can practice savate and then cut you.

Superior Bastard fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 22, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Goon french kickboxing experts ripping their jorts in a badass obtuse angle semi-kick. Batroc shakes his head in Heaven.

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Dely Apple posted:

Goon french kickboxing experts ripping their jorts in a badass obtuse angle semi-kick. Batroc shakes his head in Heaven.

I would pay money to watch this jort ripping event. I can already hear the heavy breathing.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Superior Bastard posted:

Do you think this will bring about the return of sword canes? We'll have posh gentlemen who can practice savate and then cut you.

They never went out of fashion my good sir, I use mine often to defend ladies and protect them from ruffians and mean boys

*tips fedora and draws hands steel from cane*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Kitchner posted:

They never went out of fashion my good sir, I use mine often to defend ladies and protect them from ruffians and mean boys

*tips fedora and draws hands steel from cane*

Yeah sword canes aren't very cool.

Boot daggers however will be very much "In".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

gannyGrabber posted:

Yeah sword canes aren't very cool.

Boot daggers however will be very much "In".

The Fairbairn-Sykes is the ultimate choice as they are the stabbiest. But wouldn't it pale in comparison to the Native American combo of blade, tomahawk, battle cry, and huge balls?

• Locked thread