Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
:siren: TITANFALL 2 ON STEAM BAY-BEEEEEEE :siren:

:siren: Networks:siren:
PC:
[LLJK]Titanfall Goons (NA)
Happy Hour: 9pm PST
[BRXT]European Goonion (EU)
Happy Hour: 8pm GMT

Xbox One:
[BOYS]Boy Team Super Xtreme (NA)
Happy Hour: ???

PS4:
[GOON]Goonfall (NA)
Happy Hour: 9PM EST
[GOON]Something Awful (NA)
Happy Hour: 10PM EST

Here's the form to fill out if you want to play with goons:
https://goo.gl/forms/uXYwqAVTU6Zbq97e2

Here are the responses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kqYB8im5i_YbuJiuEe1bJ01oXZEucD_SXxNyi2woKZk/edit#gid=391971060

Discord Info
Reticulated Splines
hashtag pcgaming

Both of these discords have people playing Titanfall 2 pretty regularly, add both and look for groups in either

:downsgun:New Player Tips:downsgun:
Also known as "FrothyOmen's Center For Kids Who Can't Play Titanfall 2 Good And Wanna Learn How To Do Other Stuff Good Too":
How To Double Jump
How To Chain Wall Runs
How To Wall Run Like a Pro

How To Slide
How To Slide Better
How To Slide Like A Pro
How To Slide Hop With A Controller

Air Strafing on Keyboard and Mouse, Eject Strafing, and Slide Hopping

Titanfall 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed really cool game Titanfall, which, despite being somewhat lacking in progression and customization options (and weapon/mech variety...), had gameplay that was very fun and engaging.

The basic gameplay in Titanfall 1 was a 6v6 shooter with various modes (deathmatch, capture the flag, hardpoint). Players would jump/wall-run around maps shooting AI bots and other players, which would let them get their Titan faster. Titans are giant robots that you can call down and pilot until they get blown up or the game ends. Oh there was also a :airquote:campaign:airquote: which was essentially 9 multiplayer matches with some really bad extremely good writing and voice acting.

Here's what EA has to say about the sequel:

quote:

In multiplayer, Titanfall 2 delivers best-in-class shooter gameplay backed by more depth and variety including new Titans – each with their own unique abilities, a deeper set of Pilot abilities, an expanded arsenal of weapons, more customization options, and a robust progression system.

In the single player campaign, Titanfall 2 explores the unique bond between man and machine as players step on to The Frontier as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming a Pilot. Stranded behind IMC enemy lines, and against overwhelming odds, you must team up with a veteran Vanguard-class Titan and uphold a mission you were never meant to carry out.

From the sound of it and from what I've seen in the trailers it looks like Respawn has listened to the complaints about the first game and addressed them. New features include:

- New weapons (probably)!
- New Titans!
- New Titan Cores! (power ups that you could get from getting a bunch of kills in a Titan. Was just a speed/attack/shield boost in 1 but looks like it's been expanded in 2)
- :siren: A grappling hook! :siren:
- :frogsiren: An actual single player campaign!! :frogsiren:
- A bunch of customization options (probably)!

Titanfall 2 is scheduled to release October 28th, 2016 for PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Completely uninterested in a single-player campaign, but that multiplayer trailer looked great.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Gunder posted:

Completely uninterested in a single-player campaign, but that multiplayer trailer looked great.

The single player doesn't seem like anything revolutionary but it might be interesting to play through once. Can't be worse than the first game's """story"""

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wow it looks like a lot of the same dull AI/MP play that the first one was.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
First one was fun for a while. Single player trailer now carries the hilarious implication that in the first game every time you bailed out you were forcing your loving robot buddy to blow himself up and then just ordering a new one.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
The first titan fall owned, and we owned together. Goons should reunite for this to maintain our ~90% winrate. If the enemy teams wins, they're better etc etc

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Antoine Silvere posted:

The single player doesn't seem like anything revolutionary but it might be interesting to play through once. Can't be worse than the first game's """story"""

YOU KILL ME, YOU'RE BETTAH. I KILL YOU, I'M BETTAH

can't wait to play Titanfall 2 with you and as many of the old crew as we can get. Charge rifle only, day 1, book it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Psion posted:

can't wait to play Titanfall 2 with you and as many of the old crew as we can get. Charge rifle only, day 1, book it.

Peep the Reticulated Splines PGS discord (We shut down the old mumble) here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715171

That is where the old crew mostly resides, though we've dwindled as of late there are still a bunch of us, including OP, playing dota/overwatch/other dumb games. We're all in on titanfall 2 and hopefully that'll be our hub like it was during titan fall 1 days.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The multiplayer in the original game was so good that I don't think they needed to tack-on a singleplayer campaign to the sequel, but I'm excited for this anyways. The addition of a grappling hook looks really fun, as do the other new abilities shown in the multiplayer trailer.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

New gimmick match: grapple hook kills only

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I found some extended gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLhQTAA1Yw

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

This game is going to be dead on arrival but it looks ok

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait, but I fear it dying quick.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I hope the greatest gun ever created in a video game, the Smart Pistol, makes a comeback

SUNKOS posted:

I found some extended gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLhQTAA1Yw
This is a really minor thing but I don't like how it swaps to third-person when the player jumps into their titan and does a finisher. I liked how in the first game it was all 100% first person.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What makes you guys think this will be dead, I've seen nothing but good things about it. The only competition is COD and they didn't even show that off this year.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Insert name here posted:

I hope the greatest gun ever created in a video game, the Smart Pistol, makes a comeback

Hallow be thy name.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The first one was fun as hell, and I've been looking forward to this since the teaser (titan swords, eh?). Now that we've gotten more footage, I'm looking forward to it even more (the original game's movement plus sliding plus grappling hooks?!).

RBX posted:

What makes you guys think this will be dead, I've seen nothing but good things about it. The only competition is COD and they didn't even show that off this year.

It launches in the week between Battlefield and COD. I think the fear is simply market oversaturation and the audience going for the more established franchises instead. I'd personally love to see it pushed back until March. :shrug:

Not too concerned about overlap with Battlefield 1 due to its WWI setting. Infinite Warfare is probably the main competition with its multiplayer gameplay being a bit similar (likely grappling hook, potentially sliding/wall-running, etc.)

EDIT:

Is... is that pilot a robot with two fox tails hanging off of its head? :crossarms:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
So I actually went to the EA Play event at E3 today since it's like 20 minutes from work and open to the public and I got to play a few rounds of Titanfall 2! Here's a brain dump :siren:hot exclusive:siren: of what I got to play:

General Stuff
- There was a new game mode called "Bounty Hunt" where you would go to designated areas on the map and shoot ai or players to build up a meter and when that meter was full it spawned a "boss titan" that you had to kill to get points. Eventually the team with the most points won. Game mode seemed alright, but I think most of us were busy trying out all the new stuff in the game.
- Did not see any reference to burn cards whatsoever so they are either gone or are being reworked or maybe just haven't been shown yet. Who knows! :v:
- There is no passive timer to get your Titan any more; it's now just a gauge that fills up by killing grunts and players and gives you your titan when it's full. It persists when you die so it doesn't seem like that big of a change since if you have eyes in your head at all you'll still get your titan pretty fast.
- The different Titans all had set abilities and weapons, i.e. the big titan ("Scorch" they called it) was locked into a specific set of weapons and abilities. Dunno if this is how it's going to be in the full game or if it was just a demo thing but it sounded like they were trying to give each titan a distinct feel so it might be a conscious choice.

Titans
- The first new Titan I got to play around with the the big fire one, aka "Scorch". It was a big hulking thing kinda like the Ogre from the first one. Here's the abilities and weapons:
--- Didn't seem like it could dash. Could still run though.
--- Main weapon was a one-shot grenade launcher/mortar thing. Had a fiery AoE and decent range.
--- The tactical ability was a vortex shield that was red and instead of holding the bullets in place it melted them. It would also damage titans/pilots/grunts/whatever it touched.
--- The ordinance was a ground slam that made a straight line of fire on the ground that damaged anything in it's path.
--- They added a new thing you could do which, for both titans, was something you would throw out. For this one it was a gas canister that would release gas in an area that you could explode with your gun/fire line shot.
--- Core ability (ultimate, basically) was the "Fire Core" which makes the titan slam the ground with both arms and sends out a cone of fire in front of it.

The other titan was called "Ion". This one seemed similar to the thin zippy titan from the first one (Strider). They also said this titan has some kind of energy mechanic that all its weapons rely on but I didn't really notice it. Maybe I just wasn't shooting enough??
--- Could actually dash, but seemed to only be able to dash once? There was a bar that drained pretty quick when i dashed i dunno :shrug:
--- Main weapon was a rapid-fire pulse gun. Shot orbs that did meh damage, had to focus titans to do any real damage.
--- Tactical ability was the vortex shield from the first game; hold up shield, catch bullets, throw them back.
--- Ordinance was a shoulder-mounted laser that was very precise and that you could charge up to do more damage.
--- Deployable thing was a set of laser trip-wire mines that fanned out and linked up to each other. Anything that crossed the laser (that wasn't an ally) made the mines explode.
--- Core ability was "Laser Core" or something. You charge up a big fuckin laser and shoot if from your chest. Lasts a decent amount of time too.

Pilot Loadout
- They had three set loadouts available to play there. First one was the weird robot-looking guy someone mentioned a few posts down. Main weapon was the carbine from the first gun. Doesn't seemed to have changed much
- The anti-titan weapon was the mag launcher from the first game. Now it's a two-shot burst? whatever
- The explosive was the frag grenade. It blows up
- The pilot ability was the grappling hook. This was fun to use! It will definitely take some getting used to in order to do cool stuff with it, but it's still fun zipping around and Rico Rodriguez-ing pilots and grunts.

- The other loadout I tried was the sniper class. Main weapon was a new weapon called the "double sniper" (or something). It's like a sniper rifle, but if fires two shots at once, and the shots can ricochet. Seemed cool
- Didn't actually get to try the anti-titan weapon because that game was so short :smith:
- Explosive was the black hole bomb you see in the trailer. Does what it sounds like it does: sucks people in for you to shoot at.
- Pilot ability was this decoy thing. You used it and it sends out a decoy of you that goes out in a straight line. The multiplayer trailer seemed to imply it made you invisible or something but I didn't notice that happening. :shrug:

- Didn't get a chance to play the other loadout but it had a new weapon that was an energy SMG. the pilot ability was this sonar ninja star you could throw and it would give you wall hacks in a radius around it.

Minor stuff
- New map was called "Burn Town" or something dumb like that. It seemed pretty big with some underground tunnels but i didn't really get a chance to explore it. Seemed cool though!
- There was a loading screen tip that mentioned energy canisters and being able to pick them up and give them to friendly titans. Nothing like that showed up when I played but maybe it's something for another game mode?
- Game looks a lot better than the first one. Maybe they switched to source 2, lol
- Game felt pretty polished. I'm sure it'll change a bit before release but it felt like they could release it today and it would play fine.
- While waiting in line I saw some pre-game trailer talking about a most of the stuff in the trailers. I also saw a brief shot of what looked like a camo customization screen for your titan so it looks like you can finally do that in this game!

tl;dr: :words: Titanfall 2 looks quite good and was fun to play! Hopefully it doesn't get too buried in the battlefield 1 hype, especially since what I saw of battlefield 1 there made it seem like another bog standard battlefield game :effort:

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Are they going to hobble the multiplayer by splitting the base with paid maps again? :baby:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Blister posted:

Are they going to hobble the multiplayer by splitting the base with paid maps again? :baby:

Nope, all DLC is going to be free.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

So I actually went to the EA Play event at E3 today since it's like 20 minutes from work and open to the public and I got to play a few rounds of Titanfall 2! Here's a brain dump :siren:hot exclusive:siren: of what I got to play:

General Stuff
- There was a new game mode called "Bounty Hunt" where you would go to designated areas on the map and shoot ai or players to build up a meter and when that meter was full it spawned a "boss titan" that you had to kill to get points. Eventually the team with the most points won. Game mode seemed alright, but I think most of us were busy trying out all the new stuff in the game.
- Did not see any reference to burn cards whatsoever so they are either gone or are being reworked or maybe just haven't been shown yet. Who knows! :v:
- There is no passive timer to get your Titan any more; it's now just a gauge that fills up by killing grunts and players and gives you your titan when it's full. It persists when you die so it doesn't seem like that big of a change since if you have eyes in your head at all you'll still get your titan pretty fast.
- The different Titans all had set abilities and weapons, i.e. the big titan ("Scorch" they called it) was locked into a specific set of weapons and abilities. Dunno if this is how it's going to be in the full game or if it was just a demo thing but it sounded like they were trying to give each titan a distinct feel so it might be a conscious choice.

Titans
- The first new Titan I got to play around with the the big fire one, aka "Scorch". It was a big hulking thing kinda like the Ogre from the first one. Here's the abilities and weapons:
--- Main weapon was a one-shot grenade launcher/mortar thing. Had a fiery AoE and decent range.
--- The tactical ability was a vortex shield that was red and instead of holding the bullets in place it melted them. It would also damage titans/pilots/grunts/whatever it touched.
--- The ordinance was a ground slam that made a straight line of fire on the ground that damaged anything in it's path.
--- They added a new thing you could do which, for both titans, was something you would throw out. For this one it was a gas canister that would release gas in an area that you could explode with your gun/fire line shot.
--- Core ability (ultimate, basically) was the "Fire Core" which makes the titan slam the ground with both arms and sends out a cone of fire in front of it.

The other titan was called "Ion". This one seemed similar to the thin zippy titan from the first one (Strider). They also said this titan has some kind of energy mechanic that all its weapons rely on but I didn't really notice it. Maybe I just wasn't shooting enough??
--- Could actually dash, but seemed to only be able to dash once? There was a bar that drained pretty quick when i dashed i dunno :shrug:
--- Main weapon was a rapid-fire pulse gun. Shot orbs that did meh damage, had to focus titans to do any real damage.
--- Tactical ability was the vortex shield from the first game; hold up shield, catch bullets, throw them back.
--- Ordinance was a shoulder-mounted laser that was very precise and that you could charge up to do more damage.
--- Deployable thing was a set of laser trip-wire mines that fanned out and linked up to each other. Anything that crossed the laser (that wasn't an ally) made the mines explode.
--- Core ability was "Laser Core" or something. You charge up a big fuckin laser and shoot if from your chest. Lasts a decent amount of time too.

Pilot Loadout
- They had three set loadouts available to play there. First one was the weird robot-looking guy someone mentioned a few posts down. Main weapon was the carbine from the first gun. Doesn't seemed to have changed much
- The anti-titan weapon was the mag launcher from the first game. Now it's a two-shot burst? whatever
- The pilot ability was the grappling hook. This was fun to use! It will definitely take some getting used to in order to do cool stuff with it, but it's still fun zipping around and Rico Rodriguez-ing pilots and grunts.

- The other loadout I tried was the sniper class. Main weapon was a new weapon called the "double sniper" (or something). It's like a sniper rifle, but if fires two shots at once, and the shots can ricochet. Seemed cool
- Didn't actually get to try the anti-titan weapon because that game was so short :smith:
- Explosive was the black hole bomb you see in the trailer. Does what it sounds like it does: sucks people in for you to shoot at.
- Pilot ability was this decoy thing. You used it and it sends out a decoy of you that goes out in a straight line. The multiplayer trailer seemed to imply it made you invisible or something but I didn't notice that happening. :shrug:

- Didn't get a chance to play the other loadout but it had a new weapon that was an energy SMG. the pilot ability was this sonar ninja star you could throw and it would give you wall hacks in a radius around it.

Minor stuff
- New map was called "Burn Town" or something dumb like that. It seemed pretty big with some underground tunnels but i didn't really get a chance to explore it. Seemed cool though!
- There was a loading screen tip that mentioned energy canisters and being able to pick them up and give them to friendly titans. Nothing like that showed up when I played but maybe it's something for another game mode?
- Game looks a lot better than the first one. Maybe they switched to source 2, lol
- Game felt pretty polished. I'm sure it'll change a bit before release but it felt like they could release it today and it would play fine.
- While waiting in line I saw some pre-game trailer talking about a most of the stuff in the trailers. I also saw a brief shot of what looked like a camo customization screen for your titan so it looks like you can finally do that in this game!

tl;dr: :words: Titanfall 2 looks quite good and was fun to play! Hopefully it doesn't get too buried in the battlefield 1 hype, especially since what I saw of battlefield 1 there made it seem like another bog standard battlefield game :effort:

Also :captainpop:

Yes yes yes!

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!
Will this game be the game to break the hold Dota has over me? Probably not, but I'm excited!

Taiso fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 6, 2016

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

While I'm sure this game will be alright I'm not so sure it can compete in the FPS multiplayer category with Battlefield 1 on nearly identical release dates. I might wait a week or two to see how the playerbase fares.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Antoine Silvere posted:

General Stuff

Titans

Pilot Loadout

Minor stuff

How quickly did the Titans die? In the trailer their life bars were going down in a flash but I figure that's just to be dramatic.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

How quickly did the Titans die? In the trailer their life bars were going down in a flash but I figure that's just to be dramatic.

It didn't seem that quick, but maybe a little quicker than in TF1? It's been a while since I played the first one. I held on to mine for quite a while in the first game and the whole match in the second game. If there's concentrated fire they'll go down quicker but I don't think that'll be the case most of the time.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Excited for this! I'll probably be jumping in at release with you nerds. :dance:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

AirRaid posted:

Excited for this! I'll probably be jumping in at release with you nerds. :dance:

:getin:

Never have we stomped pubs as hard as we did in Titanfall 1, let the tears flow once more.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

IronDoge posted:

While I'm sure this game will be alright I'm not so sure it can compete in the FPS multiplayer category with Battlefield 1 on nearly identical release dates. I might wait a week or two to see how the playerbase fares.

shut up and buy it launch day. one of us. one of us.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Psion posted:

shut up and buy it launch day. one of us. one of us.

Take a trip to Mexico with us and spend your hard earned pesos!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I went to the EA Play e3 public event in LA yesterday and was able to play several rounds of Titanfall 2. The game is super fun and they made a lot of smart changes to the core mechanics that seemed to improve from what they had on the first game. The grappling hook is super fun to use and compliments the first games stellar parkour mechanics nicely. You can use it to hook onto titans and rodeo a lot easier or if you're falling use it to give yourself momentum to swing yourself under bridges, or you can even hook onto enemies and pull them in for a melee. The biggest thing I noticed right away was how different the radar was from TF1, enemy fire doesn't show up as radar blips and now you only get ticks in the general direction of enemy fire, a good improvement in my opinion since the silencer was OP previously.

The Titan combat is still a lot of fun, my titan had this super charged laser that fires from your titan's chest that eviscerates anything in it's path, I was able to take out two titans with a single laser blast. Also Titan executions go into third person, they look really good, Ion (the Titan I think I was using) would do some melee attack and jam it's gigantic gun into the enemy cockpit and dump, a big gently caress yeah moment. There were only 2 Titan classes available to play but there's going to be a total of 6.

I was only able to pick from 3 different precreated classes but judging by the open slots it looks like there's a lot more variance and options to the weapons and equipment from the first one, anti-titan weapons for example have attachment slots (for the demo build it was just extended mags). From the different videos they were showing outside in the lounge area it looks like they are going to have a lot of different Titan and pilot skins, and if I were to guess probably different animations for Titan executions to go along with the included third person perspective. Just from what I played it seemed to have a lot more depth to it and they weren't showing all the weapons and titans, it's like an answer to everyone's complaints from the first one.

Psion posted:

Blisk's player model was the guy opening the door on the IMC side, so can confirm, we'll most likely see who's BETTAH.

Also Charge Rifle was on one of the loadouts and that seemed to have available locked attachements. The class I used had the mag launcher.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Bought Titanfall 1 for when it was on sale for ten bucks, got 90 hours of fun out of it. Definitely getting in on this day 1. Hopefully you can give your Titans sick custom paint jobs.

Also the lightning sword Titan in the trailer owns, I guess it wasn't in the MP demo that goons tried?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Can you grapple onto any surface or are there predefined points on the map?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Mordja posted:

Can you grapple onto any surface or are there predefined points on the map?

I was able to grapple onto any surface but nothing incredibly far out of reach, I wasn't sure what the maximum distance was but anything I tried to hook on while wall running I was able to grapple onto and pull myself towards. I was even able to grapple onto the enemy evac dropship at the end, which I assume would be useful if I was trying to get into it.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

I went to the EA Play e3 public event in LA yesterday and was able to play several rounds of Titanfall 2. The game is super fun and they made a lot of smart changes to the core mechanics that seemed to improve from what they had on the first game. The grappling hook is super fun to use and compliments the first games stellar parkour mechanics nicely. You can use it to hook onto titans and rodeo a lot easier or if you're falling use it to give yourself momentum to swing yourself under bridges, or you can even hook onto enemies and pull them in for a melee. The biggest thing I noticed right away was how different the radar was from TF1, enemy fire doesn't show up as radar blips and now you only get ticks in the general direction of enemy fire, a good improvement in my opinion since the silencer was OP previously.

The Titan combat is still a lot of fun, my titan had this super charged laser that fires from your titan's chest that eviscerates anything in it's path, I was able to take out two titans with a single laser blast. Also Titan executions go into third person, they look really good, Ion (the Titan I think I was using) would do some melee attack and jam it's gigantic gun into the enemy cockpit and dump, a big gently caress yeah moment. There were only 2 Titan classes available to play but there's going to be a total of 6.

I was only able to pick from 3 different precreated classes but judging by the open slots it looks like there's a lot more variance and options to the weapons and equipment from the first one, anti-titan weapons for example have attachment slots (for the demo build it was just extended mags). From the different videos they were showing outside in the lounge area it looks like they are going to have a lot of different Titan and pilot skins, and if I were to guess probably different animations for Titan executions to go along with the included third person perspective. Just from what I played it seemed to have a lot more depth to it and they weren't showing all the weapons and titans, it's like an answer to everyone's complaints from the first one.

Blisk's player model was the guy opening the door on the IMC side, so can confirm, we'll most likely see who's BETTAH.

Also Charge Rifle was on one of the loadouts and that seemed to have available locked attachements. The class I used had the mag launcher.

Hah, didn't even notice the changes to the minimap, that's interesting! Did rodeoing seem weird to you? I found that I would rodeo a Titan, pull the thing off, and then immediately jump off automatically. Maybe I was just doing it wrong?

ninjahedgehog posted:

Bought Titanfall 1 for when it was on sale for ten bucks, got 90 hours of fun out of it. Definitely getting in on this day 1. Hopefully you can give your Titans sick custom paint jobs.

Also the lightning sword Titan in the trailer owns, I guess it wasn't in the MP demo that goons tried?

No sword Titan available to play unfortunately, but like Wazzit said the video they were playing while waiting in line showed Titan customization.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Antoine Silvere posted:

Hah, didn't even notice the changes to the minimap, that's interesting! Did rodeoing seem weird to you? I found that I would rodeo a Titan, pull the thing off, and then immediately jump off automatically. Maybe I was just doing it wrong?

No sword Titan available to play unfortunately, but like Wazzit said the video they were playing while waiting in line showed Titan customization.

Ah man poo poo I didn't even see your post :doh:

Yeah rodeoing felt weird because my guy would pull out what I assumed to be some type of shield battery and jump off and I wasn't sure how much damage I was really doing to it. If I was able to jump back onto the titan I would open the hatch and drop a grenade to deal some damage the hull. I honestly thought I was doing some wrong too.

Was the line pretty short? I was able to jump back in line and play 3 more times with almost no wait yesterday

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Any topic making reference to the almighty Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo must include a clip from the film, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzmxrKJgPB8

(edit: actually, the dancing on the ceiling scene is probably more apropos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Dx4E6nEwE)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 14, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Ah man poo poo I didn't even see your post :doh:

Yeah rodeoing felt weird because my guy would pull out what I assumed to be some type of shield battery and jump off and I wasn't sure how much damage I was really doing to it. If I was able to jump back onto the titan I would open the hatch and drop a grenade to deal some damage the hull. I honestly thought I was doing some wrong too.

Was the line pretty short? I was able to jump back in line and play 3 more times with almost no wait yesterday

Hah no worries, more info is alway good! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who found rodeoing weird. Maybe they changed the mechanics of it?

Yeah the line was pretty short when I got there around 7. I was able to play twice but I kind of regret not going to play more.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I hate both of you. We are enemies. 2v2 me.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Any word on what game engine it's running? Are they still using Source or did they switch over to a in-house engine like Frostbite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Insert name here posted: