Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Insert name here posted:

I hope the greatest gun ever created in a video game, the Smart Pistol, makes a comeback

I overheard one of the devs say that the smart pistol is coming back but with tweaks, thats all he could say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Titanfall 1 was legit, a great game to just hop in and play a few rounds whenever. I just hope that this time around they'll get a bit more creative with the pilot weapons. It was a bit of a waste of the sci-fi setting to still just have everyone running around with the same old staple FPS guns. It's the future, where are my lasers?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Perestroika posted:

It's the future, where are my lasers?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

C.M. Kruger posted:

Any word on what game engine it's running? Are they still using Source or did they switch over to a in-house engine like Frostbite?
They were doing a pretty nifty thing on their twitter where they are answering a lot of these questions live:
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/742847554409271296

or

Wazzit posted:

I overheard one of the devs say that the smart pistol is coming back but with tweaks, thats all he could say about it.
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/742483429367943168

Perestroika posted:

Titanfall 1 was legit, a great game to just hop in and play a few rounds whenever. I just hope that this time around they'll get a bit more creative with the pilot weapons. It was a bit of a waste of the sci-fi setting to still just have everyone running around with the same old staple FPS guns. It's the future, where are my lasers?
Not only is there a titan based laser for ya, but there was also a pilot based laser type LMG called the LSTAR.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
They better not ruin the Smart Pistol :mad:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Insert name here posted:

Why? If you read the old titan fall 1 thread back in the day you'd know the smart pistol was actually quite terrible, furthermore- :downs:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Antoine Silvere posted:

No sword Titan available to play unfortunately, but like Wazzit said the video they were playing while waiting in line showed Titan customization.

Are Titans locked into their weapons and secondaries, or can you mix and match like in Titanfall 1? From what I've read it seems like they're trying to give the Titans more distinctive personalities, but I hope that's not at the expense of customization.

quote:

Is... is that pilot a robot with two fox tails hanging off of its head? :crossarms:

I'm a big fan of the Oscar Pistorius feet too. Tangentially related: I hope playing as a Spectre is a permanent perk this time around rather than a burn card.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 15, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

ninjahedgehog posted:

Are Titans locked into their weapons and secondaries, or can you mix and match like in Titanfall 1? From what I've read it seems like they're trying to give the Titans more distinctive personalities, but I hope that's not at the expense of customization.

I'm a big fan of the Oscar Pistorius feet too. Tangentially related: I hope playing as a Spectre is a permanent perk this time around rather than a burn card.

They said that weapons and abilities would be tied to the chassis now so you can easily identify the kind of threat a particular titan poses.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Insert name here posted:

The Smart Pistol was a cool and chill weapon that made other people froth with rage. Kind of like Me in overwatch now that I think about it.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
By the way here is the discord room some of the old crew from Titanfall 1 use:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715171

if any one is interested.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Here's a video showing the abilities of the sword-wielding Ronin titan. I'm guessing it's going to be the glass cannon Stryder equivalent for the new game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C70XdAlvu8A

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ninjahedgehog posted:

The website mentions your appearance depending on your ability and shows a spectre for the grapple. The trailer shows a woman using grapple, so maybe it's a free choice this time?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Peewi posted:

The website mentions your appearance depending on your ability and shows a spectre for the grapple. The trailer shows a woman using grapple, so maybe it's a free choice this time?

I'm assuming/hoping they'll let you look however you like with whatever skills you want :shobon:

SUNKOS posted:

Here's a video showing the abilities of the sword-wielding Ronin titan. I'm guessing it's going to be the glass cannon Stryder equivalent for the new game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C70XdAlvu8A

it's beautiful :japan:

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 15, 2016

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Peewi posted:

Nice! No idea why a robot would want to wear a shemagh, but I love it :3:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Just wanted to kind of gauge the community here, are you guys for or against punching other robots with your robot?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I am Pro Robot-punchy. Also Pro Robot-Stabby. Also Pro Robot-Shooty.

I might just be Pro-Robot. :shrug:

In other news (and this is utter speculation), how awesome would it be if you got to choose the class of your Robot-buddy at the start of the campaign, so you could play through with different styles?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Robot on robot violence is tearing appart the AI community, and I for one am disgusted at the way popular media portrays it all as some kind of "game." #BotLivesMatter

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Destroy all robots.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

IronDoge posted:

Destroy all robots.

Wow bro #NotAllRobots jeez.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

Just wanted to kind of gauge the community here, are you guys for or against punching other robots with your robot?

i was good at pulling a rope a dope with strider titans

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The single player talk has reignited my interest in this game, I'm looking forward to it more than CoD and way more than BF1 at this point. People who don't like sci-fi shooters can get down and kiss my cock.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The single player talk has reignited my interest in this game, I'm looking forward to it more than CoD and way more than BF1 at this point. People who don't like sci-fi shooters can get down and kiss my cock.

If I like sci-fi shooters can I still kiss your cock? :gay:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:yeah:

edit: lol at the title change

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 15, 2016

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I look forward to sidewinder only goon groups.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

Antoine Silvere posted:

:yeah:

edit: lol at the title change

It's lovely. Can it be changed to something that isn't dumb?

I like how the Ronin can drag its sword behind it like an animu.

Taiso fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 15, 2016

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I look forward to pretending I'm a 30 foot tall ninja and reflecting people's bullets back in their dumb faces.

P.S. Title sucks, boo to whoever changed that.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Antoine Silvere posted:

Hah no worries, more info is alway good! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who found rodeoing weird. Maybe they changed the mechanics of it?

What I've heard is that now when you rodeo an enemy Titan you automatically rip out a battery or something, toss a grenade in, and hop off. No more hatch-popping. The "battery" can then be given to a friendly Titan to restore health and maybe some core charge. Which is especially useful since Titans don't have a recharging shield anymore.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

runchild posted:

What I've heard is that now when you rodeo an enemy Titan you automatically rip out a battery or something, toss a grenade in, and hop off. No more hatch-popping. The "battery" can then be given to a friendly Titan to restore health and maybe some core charge. Which is especially useful since Titans don't have a recharging shield anymore.

Huh, so that's what that loading screen tip I saw was about. Interesting change, wonder how you're supposed to give the battery to a friendly titan since when I did it I didn't notice any prompts pop up or anything. I didn't have much of a chance to look closely though.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

runchild posted:

That explains A LOT, it felt like my titan was a little more squishy than the previous game. Interesting. That also explains what I was supposed to do with the shield core, sometimes I would die and it would give me a message saying I dropped a shield core or something but I never knew what to do with it.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Huh, so that's what that loading screen tip I saw was about. Interesting change, wonder how you're supposed to give the battery to a friendly titan since when I did it I didn't notice any prompts pop up or anything. I didn't have much of a chance to look closely though.

I wonder if it will do it automatically if you jump on a friendly titan if you had the shield battery with you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

AirRaid posted:

In other news (and this is utter speculation), how awesome would it be if you got to choose the class of your Robot-buddy at the start of the campaign, so you could play through with different styles?

The robot dies

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Dude shut up, that's not true, stop it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Dude shut up, that's not true, stop it.

Truth hurts man, but it's important to move on in life. Robot will never be forgotten, all those memories of the halcyon days, the naps you two took in the rays of dying sun, how you climbed robot arm covered in circuitry and featherlike solar panels, the way robot barked orders at you after you threw exploding barrels in its mouth.

Robot was a good robot. The Last Robot.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Truth hurts man, but it's important to move on in life. Robot will never be forgotten, all those memories of the halcyon days, the naps you two took in the rays of dying sun, how you climbed robot arm covered in circuitry and featherlike solar panels, the way robot barked orders at you after you threw exploding barrels in its mouth.

Robot was a good robot. The Last Robot.

Please... please no :cry:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Please... please no :cry:

Robot made a choice.

Robot is not a gun.

You love robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu0scA8kqHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXy3f6f9DxI

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 15, 2016

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Knifegrab posted:

I like to punch robots off any maps that have ledges to punch them off of. Same goes for punching the evac dropship until it explodes.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

I like to punch robots off any maps that have ledges to punch them off of. Same goes for punching the evac dropship until it explodes.

True pros call their Titan down on the dropship :smuggo:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Antoine Silvere posted:

The Starhawk/Helldivers school of scrapyard economics.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Antoine Silvere posted:

I remember trying this once and instead of killing the dropship I nailed the last 2 surviving pilots who were making a break for it. :hellyeah:

NarDmw
Mar 23, 2008
Fun Shoe
I look forward to coming back with the group and being a general terror with an amped smart pistol and boot of doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I'm hoping for more weapons. I get that they want every weapon to fill a specific niche and avoid the Call of Duty "Here are ten different but essentially identical assault rifles" but I dunno, I kinda like using the playstyle I'm best at, while still having something else to look at filling up the bottom-right corner of the screen for a while.