Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm hoping for more weapons. I get that they want every weapon to fill a specific niche and avoid the Call of Duty "Here are ten different but essentially identical assault rifles" but I dunno, I kinda like using the playstyle I'm best at, while still having something else to look at filling up the bottom-right corner of the screen for a while.

I hope they go with some more interesting gun types in general, rather than the standard AR/sniper/shotgun combo. Some of the new throwables definitely look more exotic, and the first Titanfall already has pretty sci-fi weapons for its mechs, but the on-foot primaries were very rote and CODlike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Also, for the love of god, a smaller install size please. Didn't the first one have something like 30 gigs of uncompressed sound files, most of which was dialogue in five or six different languages? At least give us the option of saying "No, I'm only ever going to play this in English (or whatever) stop filling up my HD with useless crap."

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

Also, for the love of god, a smaller install size please. Didn't the first one have something like 30 gigs of uncompressed sound files, most of which was dialogue in five or six different languages? At least give us the option of saying "No, I'm only ever going to play this in English (or whatever) stop filling up my HD with useless crap."

Ha ha, I was just about to ask, does Titanfall 2 feature 50gigs of uncompressed audio too? :v:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

Hah, yeah. I think they eventually patched TF1 to not have so much audio or something so hopefully they learned their lesson.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Biaga posted:

I look forward to sidewinder only goon groups.

a reminder to all our new thread residents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxZS2m7-oI

Antoine has a bunch of good Titanfall videos too. In fact, better videos. but he can link his own youtube channel :v:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Psion posted:

a reminder to all our new thread residents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxZS2m7-oI

Antoine has a bunch of good Titanfall videos too. In fact, better videos. but he can link his own youtube channel :v:

The greatest of games. Didn't we also do c4/grenades only and still won?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Oh boy, Titanfall

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
How does the top gun theme go again?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Knifegrab posted:

The greatest of games. Didn't we also do c4/grenades only and still won?

we did way too many gimmicks and won. But yes - we had one where we cooked frags only and won. Not even throwing them.

if I remember the list: charge rifles only, Hamtaro pistols only, mag launchers only, Sidewinders only, satchel charges only (note: this is the best strategy), noscope Krabers only, Wingman only.

Knifegrab posted:

How does the top gun theme go again?

and then this, literally our finest moment. Even better than that 400-0 win

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Psion posted:

we did way too many gimmicks and won. But yes - we had one where we cooked frags only and won. Not even throwing them.

if I remember the list: charge rifles only, Hamtaro pistols only, mag launchers only, Sidewinders only, satchel charges only (note: this is the best strategy), noscope Krabers only, Wingman only.

Actually our best was when we got the streamer to call us hate words and then "unhappy leave".

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

Oh boy, Titanfall

it's good

Psion posted:

:agreed: although the 400-0 win was a thing of beauty

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Which platform is going to have the biggest goon presence? Also, will I need Origin to play this game on PC?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Geight posted:

Which platform is going to have the biggest goon presence? Also, will I need Origin to play this game on PC?

PC and yes.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
I'm wondering if the bone crew will stick with bone or go to PC or PS4. Gonna be way harder to figure out which platform everyone is using :(

Do people still play TF1? I played one game on xbone the other day and was /awful/ all over again. :(

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

MrBond posted:

I'm wondering if the bone crew will stick with bone or go to PC or PS4. Gonna be way harder to figure out which platform everyone is using :(

Do people still play TF1? I played one game on xbone the other day and was /awful/ all over again. :(

I played TF1 a few days ago for fun, and still managed to do ok despite the remaining 100 people that play being Very Good. People are still salty about the smart pistol two years later, lol

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

MrBond posted:

I'm still playing it, I actually played with a small group last night, mostly play attrition. Add me, GT: Wazzit.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
With only 7 hour total in Titanfall 1, I've started playing again and am often at the top of the scoreboard. I'm in the 20s range and I think the second lowest level was about 40 or 50.

This on PC.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Knifegrab posted:

PC and yes.

Hooray, also boo. Not sure if Origin will be a dealbreaker for me or not, the game looks really cool.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Geight posted:

Hooray, also boo. Not sure if Origin will be a dealbreaker for me or not, the game looks really cool.

Origin sucks because its not steam but it really isn't that terrible.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Origin is fine nowadays, really. Annoying to have a split library between a couple of platforms, but its not terrible now. And their support is straight up better than Steam's.

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!
I was surprised to hear the grappling hook is something you have to put in your loadout. I can't imagine wanting to use anything besides it. Better not be a late level unlock or some bullshit.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
It's so drat obvious the robot is going to die for cheap drama, but you'll find his AI chip or something so they can stick him in a new body for Titanfall 3.

On my wishlist is taking Titanfall's gameplay, then sticking it on Battlefield sized teams and maps. :fap:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I love my robot friend, I don't want anything bad to happen to him :smith:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Taiso posted:

I was surprised to hear the grappling hook is something you have to put in your loadout. I can't imagine wanting to use anything besides it. Better not be a late level unlock or some bullshit.

Wait what?! Noooooooo. What else can go in the grappling slot?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lemming posted:

I love my robot friend, I don't want anything bad to happen to him :smith:

I got bad news for you, son...

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

We know there's 6 'tacticals'- besides the hook, they've shown the pulse blade (throwing knife that gives sonar where it lands), and a holo decoy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

sarmhan posted:

We know there's 6 'tacticals'- besides the hook, they've shown the pulse blade (throwing knife that gives sonar where it lands), and a holo decoy.

On the one hand I want really cool tacticals, on the other hand I want them to all be lame so I don't feel regret when I only ever use the grappling hook.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Insert name here posted:

I hope the greatest gun ever created in a video game, the Smart Pistol, makes a comeback

imagine in the year of our lord 2016, still being mad about the worst gun in a videogame.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hace posted:

imagine in the year of our lord 2016, still being mad about the worst gun in a videogame.

What have you done

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Knifegrab posted:

Wait what?! Noooooooo. What else can go in the grappling slot?

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/pilots/
Here are the 3 announced abilities, from what I played the grappling hook was too much fun not to use and I didn't bother with the other abilities. I guess the tactical ability determines what your player looks like, so if you choose the grappling hook you get this suave looking spectre with a cool scarf.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Wazzit posted:

Here are the 3 announced abilities, from what I played the grappling hook was too much fun not to use and I didn't bother with the other abilities. I guess the tactical ability determines what your player looks like, so if you choose the grappling hook you get this suave looking spectre with a cool scarf.

There is no way there will be a swanker pilot.

Hace posted:

Agreed

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Wazzit posted:

This game informer article says seven pilot tacticals. Who knows if that's a mistake, the website sure does make it look like there are 6.

Also, as far as the grappling hook = robot goes, near the beginning of the multiplayer trailer we see someone use a grapple, and when they enter their Titan we see it's a female pilot. So you're not strictly constrained to be a robotic Tarzan. My theory is that they've made "robot" a third gender option :woop:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lemming posted:

What have you done

maybe it's like being mad about getting beat by dan in street fighter. no one likes beaten by the joke gun!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Here are the 3 announced abilities, from what I played the grappling hook was too much fun not to use and I didn't bother with the other abilities.

Yeah, I kind of regret picking the holo decoy class in my second game, grappling hook is way better :(

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Antoine Silvere posted:

Yeah, I kind of regret picking the holo decoy class in my second game, grappling hook is way better :(

Did you turn invisible when you used it?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

It was hard to tell! I don't think I did but I just might not have noticed it :shrug:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Just realized Big O isn't in the thread poll worst thread ever.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Just realized Big O isn't in the thread poll worst thread ever.

:doh: I knew I forgot one

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Wazzit posted:

You do not; it just mimics the last thing you were doing and looks exactly like you. So if you're far away from someone and you pop it, then they won't know who to target (or you can hide around a corner and have it run ahead of you around the corner, so that people attack it instead of you). But obviously if you're in plain sight of people it won't be super useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I remember Halo Reach had an ability almost exactly like it. I didn't play much of the multiplayer, did people still fall for it after the game had been out for a while?