Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

only if they keep using modified Source or Source 2 imo

They should also use the volumetric smoke from CS2 for the Electric Smoke. It'd be so badass to see a Titan dashing through it, leaving a massive hole before filling in.

For ref:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDnvAr6gGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tetrabor posted:

They should also use the volumetric smoke from CS2 for the Electric Smoke. It'd be so badass to see a Titan dashing through it, leaving a massive hole before filling in.

For ref:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDnvAr6gGI

It's a fun looking mechanic from a gaminess angle but man is it cheesy as gently caress to see individual bullets displace smoke rather than fly through it

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
It'd make more sense if it was some Tone rockets, a railgun round, or really any Titan sized weaponry.

Totally agree that it's dumb for bullets though.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Check out Lancer.

Oh yes. But thats what i mean. Tabletop mech games are always fun. Either for the game or the minifigs

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Lancer is cool, but be cautious with expectations going in. The system is its own thing, not Titanfall The Tabletop

Though it has sparked discourse on how one could handle Titanfall in a tabletop. An RPG where you play a specific pilot runs into the problem of the gameplay loop involving dying a dozen times a match and respawning. Ideally you would have a wargame with a budget of titans and infantry you can control across a skirmish map.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I have an uncle who works at EA and he says Titanfall 3 is gonna be on frostbite.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cursed

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Does EA still have that stupid "all games must be on Frostbite" rule?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The new EA WRC game is using Unreal, and it’s not even full of monetization nonsense (there are season passes but only for cosmetic stuff and you get it all for free if you preorder)

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

They didn't think TF2 would do well so they didn't care. If TF3 gets made, it'll definitely be off the back of fans clamouring for it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Does EA still have that stupid "all games must be on Frostbite" rule?

not since zampella's been on the board iirc

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Someone at Respawn is messing around with the playlist file that gets sent to your computer whenever you start Titanfall 2. Like, hourly. It's stuff like "don't look here" and "turn back now" and "I warned you" stuff. Anyway I'm sure something fun will happen tomorrow. They did a good job of firing me up and I enjoyed this little hype run. Never would have thought this would happen in 2023 with TF2.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Eyud posted:

The new EA WRC game is using Unreal, and it’s not even full of monetization nonsense (there are season passes but only for cosmetic stuff and you get it all for free if you preorder)

respawns non-apex/titanfall releases have also all been on unreal so if they ditch their source fork that's probably where they'll go

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
So when is this big secret announcement happening again?

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Scarabrae posted:

So when is this big secret announcement happening again?

Secret announcement? Let’s get you back to bed grandpa…

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'm WAITINGGGGGGGGG

:doit:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
No news aside from just an anniversary playlist and FD gets two new maps.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

2 new frontier defence maps? Ayooooooo. I can't remember the wave patterns on the old ones so this should be fun too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/hyper3d/status/1730620437909098585?t=8ZWNsn-X6ErOkmH-6nL9tA&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what in the

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Don’t you toy with my emotions.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
"Disclaimer: I animate this only as a fan of a franchise that I once worked on. There is nothing else to read into."

From the youtube vid

:(

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Flatline is pro tier imo. My favorite weapons (no order): flatline volt sidewinder. Shotguns fun too but I have never done well with them

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Still the goat tbh

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Flatline owns

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1762970866126581972/photo/1

drat, the Lincoln Squirrel lasted longer than this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Imagine if they just made a Titanfall game :shrug:

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
EA just slashed 5% of their workforce.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/ea-cutting-5-of-workforce

My buddy on the inside said they cancelled a bunch of stuff, but this one (and the earlier Titanfall sequel) really hurt to see axed.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Fatrick posted:

EA just slashed 5% of their workforce.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/ea-cutting-5-of-workforce

My buddy on the inside said they cancelled a bunch of stuff, but this one (and the earlier Titanfall sequel) really hurt to see axed.

Respawn has done some amazing work its a real shame to see their games keep getting cancelled

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

EA and ruining the gaming industry every chance it gets.

Name a more iconic duo.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
What the gently caress EA? Respawn made you a money printer just let them make games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think this has more to do with focusing Respawn's limited resources on surefire hits, of which Apex, a third Jedi game, and the cultivation of the LA studio are main priorities. Respawn is EA's number one hitmaker, this is known. The industry is too hosed right now to spend their resources on anything risky.

SlinkyMink posted:

Name a more iconic duo.

Ubisoft and money laundering.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

What the gently caress EA? Respawn made you a money printer just let them make games.

They don't need them to make games. They have a money printer

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Between this and dice saying they are going to try doing another br in the next battlefield i think its all over for these two studios i like tbh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the DICE talent moved to Embark

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the DICE talent moved to Embark

Yeah most of the DICE devs that worked in BF Bad Company to BF1, bailed in BFV so whatever we got from BFV to 2042 is just the name and it shows.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Insider friend says that this here is 100% accurate:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1b37c9p/comment/ksqfeaa/

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SlinkyMink posted:

Name a more iconic duo.

Date and helicopters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i don't really care about SW junk, if they want to make a "titanfall 3" style game maybe they should just make titanfall 3