Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

DMZ in MW2 has bots kinda like attrition but I generally dislike single-life modes and stick to domination/hardpoint/etc

All I want is TF3 with attrition/hardpoint/CTF but it’s pretty hard to imagine it happening these days :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I’m jonesin’ for some Titanfall but I’m moving cross country and it’s probably gonna be a couple weeks before I’m all set up again

:negative:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

On PC during the height of the attacks you could maybe get into a game but everyone would get disconnected shortly after it started, and server location didn’t seem to matter much. They either fixed that or the attacker stopped, so once you’re in a game it should be good, but the sporadic timeouts during matchmaking have been happening ever since.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Go to hell, EA

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I’m guessing modern military shooter

E: Hot take: Dusk is overrated

Eyud fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 4, 2023

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Bounty hunt was never the flagship mode or pushed over attrition, also it's a better game than 1 :colbert:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

TF2 MP has been playable (on PC at least) for years, the attacks weren’t that long lived

There was a persistent matchmaking timeout issue where you’d have to re-queue a couple times before getting into a game but that might be fixed now? I didn’t see it last night but I only played a couple games

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The changes are server side, there is no client patch. Calling a matchmaking fix and some playlist changes a “massive update” is a big stretch.

Also claiming the game has been unplayable since 2021 is pretty weird since I’ve played many times in the past two years!

That said, it is nice to see it getting some attention, even if I’m skeptical it means anything.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

Clearly there was an issue considering how many people were not able to play many times in the past two years, to the point that the community made its own mod to enable separate, custom servers.

I think a lot of people confuse the matchmaking timeout issue with the attacks and assume the game is/was unplayable. At least in my experience it was just an annoyance; sometimes I had to re-queue a couple times before I got into a game but once it started everything was good. It was tough to get some of the less popular modes going but attrition was generally fine.

Northstar was started during the time of the attacks, but I think its continued popularity is mostly because it can do things vanilla TF2 can't: dedicated servers, custom modes, mods, no unlocks, etc.

Regardless, it's nice they fixed the timeouts and I can find CTF games much more reliably now.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I'm like G42 and regularly get wrecked by G2s and G3s :smug:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Stop getting my hopes up dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The new EA WRC game is using Unreal, and it’s not even full of monetization nonsense (there are season passes but only for cosmetic stuff and you get it all for free if you preorder)