Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I picked this up for PC during the Black Friday sale and accidentally linked it to an older Origin account I had. Is there anyway to merge accounts and get rid of one or am I boned?

Also, this is my first "fast FPS" on the PC. I played a shitload of Halo and COD on the 360 in the past ten years. It's wildly different than what I've seen on the console videos. Any tips? I turned down my mouse sensitivity to help with keeping my shots well-placed and made one of my mouse bumpers crouch so far.

Name so far is CgPallaeon. I usually go by Sigma One on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I'd love a wave mode co-op, or perhaps some new abilities to replace Low Profile.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

So I gave this game a whirl with my game pad on the PC. Reason was I have a mechanical keyboard and it's loud and clacky - I love it but the GF only hates it when she's studying. I figured I can still get in some shooty mcsplosion robot with my 360 controller.

It's a bit of a change but some weapons clearly work well with it since sometimes with a mouse you can get jittery but with thumb sticks I can just strafe my shot without moving my aim.

I need to change up the config but honestly this game can be played in many ways without a loss of fun. The titans are a bit of a challenge since you can't turn as fast but eh.

I do miss out on doing my favorite move when I have a climber on my back - I spin the mouse all around like a spaz, hoping it either dizzies the rider or makes their graphics freak out.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Would Tight Fall Deuce work as a large-scale game? In the realm of Battlefield, so to say

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Before I play FD I preemptively copy a notepad document that says "KILL THE MORTARS".

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

But they're so far away...... I'll just sit here and someone else can go fetch. These grunts that are closer to the harvester are more important for me to kill.

That's what I imagine their thought to be.

Lost my first FD match earlier today because the three other titans would rather Cluster around the harvester while I'm out running around like a single mother pressing all the buttons on my keyboard in the Monarch desperately trying to not get killed by nuke titans and mobs whilst shooting and punching mortar titans.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Goddamn, echoing the hate for War Games as well.

I've played maybe 20 games of Frontier Defense and have yet to play on Homestead, ever. It's either War Games or Blackwater Canal for the majority of it. I'm sick of both and now I'm getting bored with Rise and Forward Base Kodai. There's not enough variety - it should honestly just put them in an order where you go through all maps first before repeating them again.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

More FD maps but I bet I'll still play WarGames five times in a row!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Would making TF2 F2P with only purchases being skins and alt Titan models be a viable thing?

I'm sure that'd boost the numbers and if here's one thing I saw with Planetside 2, people will drop boucoup bucks on stuff like that.

This is for PC obviously.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Take WarGames out of the rotation and make a WarGames-only playlist.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

TitanFall 2 is that summer camp fling that was fun while it lasted. There are some good memories but eventually time goes on and other games come out.

I'm still going to play the single player from time to time and FD when the mood strikes, but the PC crowd is dwindling :(. Wish I had an Xbox or PS4 to get in on the console action but that's too far gone now.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

So I finally finished the SP campaign and downright one of the best I played. It’s full of action, great acting, great voice work, the setting was awesome, and everything just worked right. What I liked best was just how functional everything looked - from how levels were designed to the Titans and the soldiers.

I can only hope that we’ll get a TF3 for sure.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Maybe Respawn will be the one to Save EA

Oh my sweet summer child.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I know the game isn’t so hopping online but I plan on playing the SP over and over from time to time.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Sad to say but I bet there will be DLC you’ll have to pay for and for some stupid reason: vehicles.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

So this gets released today? As in people will be playing?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Played a round as a robot with the grappling hook. Couldn't find any weapons except for a grenade. Teammates kept stealing anything that I could use. Tried double jumping, wall running, and being fast. Couldn't do any of those three. Died from a lagged out sniper shot. Total playtime was 5 minutes but it felt like it was 5 hours with how slow everything was.

Uninstalled it. I'll just stick with TF2. Battle Royale is such a stupid game mode, it should have been packaged with other game modes because like hell I'm going to spend most of my limited time wasting it with weapon hunts and being slow as gently caress.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Mindblast posted:

Titanfall 2 got a player boost because of Apex. Titanfall 2 is also very cheap from what I understand. Basically I also reinstalled that game because of this and will also play it pretty soon once again!

Basically I am both playing Apex and TF2 and it is good and fun that way!

TF2 was/is 4.50 for digital on Xbox One, worth it. I’ve had it on my PC since a few weeks after release and I don’t regret double dipping. Been convincing my friends to get both TittieBall and Pecs Legs because the guns are awesome and the gameplay is fun.

I originally ragged on AL but it was due to my PC and not giving it enough time, along with the feeling of sadness it wasn’t TF3.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

FastestGunAlive posted:

I play on bone, give me an add. Gt same as my username. Been getting in a couple matches every night

Nice. You’ll see one from me today then, Sigma One.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

They’ll monetize a Battle Royale game but what if they did that with Titanfall 2? The gameplay is still solid, lots of great levels (except for Wargames) and the guns rock. Make a Titanfall 3, cheap price with cosmetics to pay for, cater to the competitive crowd, etc.

I still love playing TF2 but it’s hard to find FD matches and Attrition is still good but wears a bit out. Give me TF3 and give us Titans.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I don't think that the Prime Titans were premium enough, honestly. They needed a nice plush cockpit with a charm swinging from the dash and new voicelines (instead of a filter) and all that. Really premo poo poo.

Anyway let's all pray for Titanfall 3. Titanfall 2 owns.

I want to customize my eject text to “wow, loser”. And have bobble heads in the cockpit.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Best level is any level with BT talking to you, giving you thumbs up, or if you wallrun. There are no bad levels in TF2.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

I had a lovely first game in my rounds last night after not playing for a few days. I got bummed but then instead I decided to grapple around like Spider-Man on crack. I just pictured that I’m Spider-Man trying to escape being shot at. Still had a blast!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Wish it was like that on PC. I have TF2 on Xbox, but I first got it on my PC since years ago I didn't have an Xbox just yet to play it. Used to be able to find games no problem. Tried lately and it was taking 5 minutes to find a match. It's a bit brutal and I hope they'll just put TF2 on Steam for like 5 bucks or free.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Melee fights are like when formerly blind people get their sight back and then spun in a circle for a minute before being told to “ok punch and kick that guy”.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Is there a goon group now for PC? Reinstalled it and my muscle memory is coming back for maximum Spider-Man grapple and swing.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

magicalmako posted:

Movement in this game is really cool but I can't quite get the timing for the higher level techniques, how do I git gud?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvzXFQKwH8k

I used this - it helps! It's all about maintaining momentum and knowing how the map flows.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

If Titanfall 3 doesn’t have Cooper getting into BT and then BT getting into a cockpit for a Titan to control a Mega-Titan, I will be mildly disappointed.

Edit: WITH THE MEGA-TITAN THROWING BT TO SAVE HIM

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

It’ll be a Titan looter-shooter with MOBA style gameplay and Attrition Mode is only available for those who pre-order.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Don’t give me hope.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Titanfall Lego sets when.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

No news aside from just an anniversary playlist and FD gets two new maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Don’t you toy with my emotions.