Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
There are a bunch of goon squad networks on xbone which is the right one?

Having a great time with then game though thats not too surprising. Huge fan of giant robots, cute A.I.s and the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

el B posted:

Once those rockets start leaving your cannon, they go wherever you're pointing your reticle.

I like to shoot mine straight up in the air and then look at my target. Death from above.

They really need some emotes in this game.

yeah for salvo and regular lock on rockets you want to pretty much always be firing them up or to the side so they can go around corners.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Ppl are abusing the gently caress out of map hack now. Real easy to tell when you're running into a stacked team too when they all run it and chain it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Ronin with nuclear eject is so beautiful. Every time I lose my sweet sword baby I have another one or 3/4s of another one already :allears:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just got this (double dip) on pc what fov are all the pc boys playing at?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
i knew how it was gonna be but still having a hard time with the competition on pc lol

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Kelp Me! posted:

gently caress, even switching between the existing voices a la T1 would be nice.

ronin will never be right until my japanese ai waifu is voicing it

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Wazzit posted:

That free to play Titanfall Online (exclusive to the Asia market) looks to basically be Titanfall 1 with new skins. I kinda thought maybe it would be a mix of both games like COD: Online being a mix of COD4/MW2/BLops1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sSe_5oW4-8

:thunk:

even asia understands the importance of TFs cowboy western vibe/aesthetics with its loving cowboy android lmao.

They better bring back guitar twangs all over the soundtrack in Titanfall 3 god dammit

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
if they go back to that firefly space cowboy twang soundtrack I will be all in

I'm all in for respawn regardless, definitely down for more TF universe poo poo

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Pretty sure titanfall 3 is still in development guys I wouldn't be too worried if this isn't your bag. Hence the different name and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't feature the word "titanfall" anywhere near the branding. Something like this going over well can only be a good thing for Respawn and I trust them at this point.

also via kotaku:

brightside? titanfall 3 on frostbite maybe someday lol?

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 2, 2019

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I don't think this game would have even got as far as potential superbowl ad and flying streamers out for a secret event if it wasn't something special.

Like, where is BFV's BR mode? EA seems to have a lot of faith in respawn which is a good sign at this point in the game. If respawn can deliver two hits for EA in a year imagine what this could allow them to do for Titanfall 3. Imagine Respawn with DICE money. A successful BR game and a simply decent SW property game in one year could get them close.

I am gonna be the glass half full for all of you.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
So I'm playing this again on PC and was wondering if there's ever any actual sale on those dlc skin/color packs?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

scuz posted:

Yeah, the wait times seem to be reasonable, so that's fun. I've only played about 3 attrition maps and 1 defense map and I am 100% hooked. I'm sure y'all know this already but the movement in the game is just the best and the guns are rad, though I'm just as bad with the Wingman as I am in ApeLegs. Is there a goon "network" that anyone uses? I landed in the ADV network but idk whether that really matters.

ADV is the biggest network so that's fine. The reddit one and a couple other streamer communities are decent size. There is a goon one but its mostly dead (at least the one im in).

Biggest advantage of the factions are the happy hour and if its still active you might get a group going with like minded ppl (you hit a button that sends out a party invite to everyone in the faction).

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Captain Beans posted:

Things every single future shooter should steal from TF2:

- start every match with a dropship/helicopter insertion, play some bad rear end music, have a little pep talk guy and then start the match

Funny the new Modern Warfare kinda does this now. No fun banter but you get a small first person clip of your team showing up via helicopter or truck and getting out. I know a few TF2 devs left Respawn and went back to Infinity Ward after release I wonder if they suggested it lol

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Dropping a Titan never gets old.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

oh dope posted:

Welp I finally grabbed a copy of TF2. I am definitely going to get used to wall running and it will get me killed in Apex. Also, 80 rounds in my Spitfire? :getin:

not to discourage you but the spitfire isn't considered a gentleman's weapon in titanfall 2 so expect some hate or nasty words

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Guillermus posted:

If Bungie could get away from Activision, Battle.net launcher, keep Destiny 2 and go to Steam. There's hope for a Titanfall 3 on Steam.

You missed the news? EA is returning to steam in 2020

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Eyud posted:

EA make it free on PC you cowards!

I'm hoping that happens when EA rejoins Steam.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I agree with most of your points but Titanfall 2 MP was still great. I think presentation, from the score down to how titans worked was much much better in TF1. There was a sense of scale and storytelling in TF that's almost completely absent from TF2 mp. Rough maps as well. All the best TF2 maps are ported TF1 maps.

Titanfall is cool and good.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Explain networks to a new player and why the advocate network's happy hour is at 3 AM.

Networks are essentially clans. Idk why ADV's is set to 3 AM. It's one of the pre made networks. You can join a bunch at time and switch between them at the network menu. Best use for them outside of Happy Hour is being able to just send mass invites for matches without having to fumble through more clicks and menus.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

He's actually gone now iirc. Idk how or when it happened, but reddit has a tf pug community going now because he's gone.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

SUNKOS posted:

Having those automated turrets around maps that you could hack was really cool, I dunno why they removed that from TF2 because that combined with being able to hack spectres was awesome, especially the burn card system where you could have an army of them following you around. The main thing for me however was the maps and they were all so good in TF1 but TF2 comparatively had a lot of really bad maps that just weren't fun. I dunno what happened with quality of level design decreasing so much.

All the best TF2 maps are TF1 maps. Great game.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1454890

the classic now on steam as well!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Well good/bad news is they're starting to treat Apex as a platform. At the launch of the most recent season, in eurogamer i think, their lead designer mentioned that if winds change they can pivot to something else. Couple that with dataminers finding code about an arena mode you can read into that what you like.

FWIW I don't think we'll ever get titans in apex but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with an arena dm/tdm mode sooner than later. I know they kinda flirted with one last year during their christmas event with the train.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

AnEdgelord posted:

I really liked playing this during the free weekend especially as an apex vet. Using the grapple class made me a lot better at pathfinder too.

Is there a good video guide to the movement tech in this game though? Ive got the grapple hook and wall running down pretty good but Ive seen people b-hopping around in kill cams and I want to know how to do that.

Frothy has some good movement guides:

https://youtu.be/xU00WXvw2V0

https://youtu.be/QNvVpoHpPZ0

He’s got other videos on sliding and airstrafing along with stuff on each titans and so on

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Respawn is working on 2 projects rn iirc. One of them is absolutely the sequel to their Jedi game and the other I think they started hiring for a couple months ago….don’t wanna get my hopes up on it being Titanfall though.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
The bright side is even though they can’t actually address the previous games they haven’t forgotten the universe. If Apex’s popularity wanes or BR really dies off they could switch. Pretty sure they’ve addressed this by saying that maybe Apex could look/play different down the road. We might not get Titanfall 3 but I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Titans.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I prefer Titan combat of 1 but even if this hypothetical Titanfall 3 didn’t revert back to something similar I would at least want them to lean back on some of the aesthetic things 1 was doing. I miss a lot of that outlaw west vibe of 1

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
It’s trending on Twitter what feels like every other week at this point (for all the wrong reasons). That’s gotta mean something to someone at EA.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
It's probably absolutely nothing/Respawn just testing things but dataminers did recently find a bunch of Titanfall 2 map info in apex files, some marked with FFA. A bunch of EA marketing items for Apex also changed from calling it a BR to a hero shooter as well. So maybe one day we'll see Pilot v Pilot in a light version one day again.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
In Respan's defense too they've repeatedly stated over the last 2 or 3 years of Apex's life that they are willing to pivot and all the limited time modes and tweaks they do are often tests for things down the line. BR isn't totally done yet but I do think it's slowly on it's way out. I do think there's a hunger for a faster, more focused shooter experience that's growing.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Make it also play more like Titanfall 1, yes.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Jim DiGriz posted:

Thanks - it's a fresh install, but will go through the motions, maybe something gets shaken to its place.

Def. Check steam forums/Reddit if you haven’t already. This is an issue I’ve seen ppl talk about before so there might a solution out there.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
When, and if Apex dies I sincerely doubt that means Titanfall will rise again.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Not too many gaming highs as high as pulling an Ace in siege but the map knowledge and pressure of being always on can be a lot. I stopped around when they really started getting kinda goofy with the characters (so 2-3? years ago)

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Pushing BH was a bit weird because if getting absolutely shitted on by some no life king going a billion miles per hour wasn't bad enough, now you could get griefed and progress stolen even doing your little bit part for the team. The community being like "why the gently caress is there no attrition" was a right outrage.

Overall TF1 combat > TF2

Real space cowboys know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-L6rg3ygA

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 23, 2023

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

John DiFool posted:

What? When did they push BH as the ‘core mode’? As long as I’ve been queuing for Titanfall 2 attrition has been by far the most common.

The beta test thing they had the summer before the game shipped didn't have it (it had 3 other modes) and they were very shifty about whether or not it'd be in the full game until like a month or two out from launch.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Thank you, friend Microsoft. I know that you tried to put a camera in my living room and end ownership of games and are currently literally saying in court that you're going to acquire as much poo poo as you can and build a moat around it to crush your rivals and are certainly going to make things in the games industry tangibly worse going forward but 10 years ago you put some money into a game to make it an Xbox/PC exclusive so all is forgiven.

I'd let this entire god forsaken industry burn for another Titanfall and would go to sleep knowing barely anything of value was lost.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

sigher posted:

Apex being a dogshit game aside, didn't they used to have really well done trailers and not lovely, straight-to-Netflix anime garbage?

Apex is good actually and they don't do the expensive trailers every season/event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Titanfall Netflix anime coming 2025