Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Oh boy, Titanfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I love my robot friend, I don't want anything bad to happen to him :smith:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hace posted:

imagine in the year of our lord 2016, still being mad about the worst gun in a videogame.

What have you done

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I wonder if it could be used to divert someone from your sniper's nest?

People were somehow being tricked by the stealth when you eject from your robot, which was hilarious considering how you were still incredibly visible, so I'm guessing it'll still be really effective

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Please Believe in Respawn.

Hell, I do.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

Here's the livestream from Gamescom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76U_PvWkh64

Titanfall 2 gameplay "starts soon" NOW

I watch this like this and I get confused because you'd think they'd eventually accidentally include someone who has played a video game before in one of these things. Like eventually they'd have to gently caress up and get someone who's heard of an FPS before, right?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Carecat posted:

Ability and appearance are tied together? Why? It's not like the guy with the robo arm looks like he is stealthy.

I have to choose between stim and grapple? gently caress this game

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The only skin I want for my titan is human

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

You can use the slide to maintain some speed and momentum between moves when there's no walls around.

Can you still do the thing where you keep your momentum if you jump at just the right time or is that out?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Also bunny hopping still works to maintain momentum to an extent.

woot

Knifegrab posted:

Attrition owned. After spending some serious time in bounty hunt it is not a good substitute.

not woot

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

The most popular mode on PS4 right now is the pilots-only mode as well.

gently caress

Delete the source code, Respawn. It's not worth it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Digirat posted:

Watching streams of this and it basically looks like COD with more mobility options, whenever the mechs aren't involved. People just run around corners and shoot each other in the back with near-instant TTK, the only visible difference here being that it happens from above sometimes due to the vertical mobility. But nothing seems to differentiate the basic gameplay from "instakilling people from outside their field of view". Repeat until match is over. Hooray?

TTK was pretty low in the first one, the major difference was that there's a pretty high skill ceiling in terms of using mobility to achieve objectives faster. Even Attrition has "objectives" in terms of getting more points from killing mooks, so it was still way better than TDM.

Most people sucked at it and waddled slowly across the ground, so that's probably more of what you're seeing, especially since it's console streams.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
This game better be great! Titanfall was great, Titanfall 2 should be better!! Augh!!!!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Man, why are they blowing it, CoD sucks :(

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Well, if you played TF1 on a PC and are playing this on a console, that might explain some of the weird feel

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

Wall hang seems completely useless

It was pretty useless in the first game

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

threeagainstfour posted:

I actually came to really enjoy Bounty mode after I settled into the game.

I was initially shocked cause I tried amped hardpoint first and played an entire game without ever getting a titan and my initial reaction was very negative, as piloting the huge robots was my favorite part of the game.

I'm hoping there is plenty of variety in the game in terms of titans and maps and a few extra game modes when it goes live in October.

On Twitter one of the devs said that the titan spawn rate on hardpoint was not good for whatever reason (dunno if it's because they just tweaked it bad or there was a bug or whatever) and that they'd fix it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

They nearly doubled it on the last day of the beta and it was easy to get 2 to 3 Titans in a full match.

Hooray

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

There was some blog post by the devs saying the tech test was a success in that it gave them good server info but they also said that all the design decisions that people are bitching about will be addressed in another blog post by the designers of the game. Also the build was from mid-June so I wouldn't' consider it really final.

Hopefully the blog post is accompanied by a patch because people explaining why they made decisions that are boring and unfun and how they aren't going to change anything usually don't go over too well

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if EA intentionally sabotaged this game's development in some sort of "Springtime For Hitler" scheme, I mean it is much more likely that this is just because of them being idiots and using focus groups when it's pretty obvious at this point that all focus groups do is ruin any games they are used on

Well from what I understand Titanfall 1 didn't do that great and if they think catering to the brain dead will get them more sales then it's probably the better financial move

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It is very encouraging that they are responding to player feedback. I can't think of another time where there was a "beta" like this and there were any actual changes between it and release.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

They're not addressing many of the complaints and the ones that they are will only be seeing minor adjustments. This could very well end-up being similar to the tech test at launch, just with some minor changes and adjustments under the guise of listening to the community. We'll see how things pan out with the next tech test but the overall tone and attitude of the feedback post is indicative of a "We know best" attitude that doesn't inspire much confidence. I would really like to be proven wrong, though.

Like what? Admittedly I didn't play in the tech test, but that seems like a pretty good acknowledgment of a lot of the complaints and direct changes to address them in some way.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

Why are you getting so upset over someone criticizing a video game?

I cannot recommend ignoring him enough. It's not worth it.

SUNKOS posted:

Well look at the change they've suggested for titan acquisition for example, where they state that now players will acquire a small passive amount of Titan meter every few seconds. Will it be enough to bring titans into play as frequently as the first game? They haven't commented on the lack of AI from modes in the game (or the absence of Attrition) and those played a large part in speeding up titan acquisition. Simply adding a little to the meter every few seconds could have little to no impact on addressing the core issues in that regard. They've also ignored complaints regarding TTK of both pilots and titans. They've emphasized that objectives should be the fastest way of obtaining titans but the objectives for the modes on offer are terrible, with Amped Hardpoint forcing people to camp points and Bounty Hunt segregating enemy teams to opposite sides of the map, which goes completely against the design principles of the first game. They also say that the full game will have more traditional Titanfall maps but they can't even share a screenshot or two to back this up, and their lead designer has already said they've moved away from that kind of map design to embrace the three-lane design philosophy that Call of Duty uses for every map. The Forwardbase Kodai map we'll be seeing in the next tech test is essentially another Homestead, so they really need to show something vastly different, especially since they've made no mention of tweaking the current maps to improve them. The list goes on and on, but you get the idea.

Like I said though, I'm hoping that they can turn things around because I really want this game to be good, but the blog post on their website only describes minor tweaks and it sounds like they don't want to budge on a lot of the bigger problems with the game. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they claim to be addressing some speed complaints regarding wall running and dashing, but there's a lot that they've simply chosen to ignore or are being very cagey about answering, which makes it seems like the final game won't be much different.

I think we'd need to see the specific tweak numbers to be able to tell, but at least they're receptive to the idea of changing their numbers. We'd need to see the passive Titan generation before passing judgment over whether it's a good enough change or not. I think TTK is actually going to be highly affected by how much they tweaked the movement numbers. If you can't run around like an idiot fast enough to make you hard to shoot, then TTK is still going to be low and people are going to camp more. If you can run/jump/climb fast enough to be hard to hit, TTK does go down and that's a big part of the reason why the first game was fun, it was cat and mouse since if you were good at doing sik parkour you were still relatively hard to kill, especially from longer distances.

Hardpoints as a game mode is necessarily going to have more camping, there's no real way around that. But that's sort of a feature of the game type. I can't comment exactly on Bounty Hunt but I bet that the movement changes would make it more dynamic.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

widespread posted:

I want to consider 3 lane philosophies as lazy thinking since all you need to do for 3-lanes is set the lane length then bend the lanes as you see fit. Instead of trying to make a balanced but asymmetrical map.

Wonder if that's the moba fad's fault.

Probably. gently caress mobas.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Zip lines would be cool, they were fun in the first game. And yeah, amped weapons are pretty boring IMO.

Unless they're amped smart pistols which trigger something in peoples' minds that causes them to lose their poo poo

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

I have one, Atlas, it's dope as poo poo and the coolest figure in my collection, but god drat it I also want the Stryder and Ogre figures but that's another $1K on toys... welp.

It's ok, you got the best one so you don't need those other, worse ones

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Well, you're not wrong

But he said he got the Atlus, not the Strider :confused:

The Stryder has a soft head like a baby

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Why would an ideal Titanfall 2 have fewer modes than 1? lol. I do agree they should bring all 4 of those modes back, though. Ideally they would have all the old modes and then the new modes they're making too.

Also bring back variety pack, that was fun when the first game came out

The advantage to fewer game modes is healthier populations for those game modes. The trade off only really gets worth it once the game population starts to die, though.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm glad that the discerning TF player recognizes that TDM is the worst

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Burn card ideas:

1. when you get in your Titan, it starts blaring Flight of the Valkyries across the map

2. remove the morale penalty when you kill a spectre as a robot

3. you can attach the grapple hooks to things like in Just Cause

4. when you eject from a Titan, you turn into fireworks. Hooray!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Pharah makes a good Titan

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Tone has a stupid name but also the primary weapon I like, but Pharah is cool and my second most played character in Overwatch

How will I ever decide

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

el B posted:

Destiny has been my primary fps for the last 2 years. I'll take breaks every few months but I always go back "home." Overwatch has been fun and I'll continue to play off and on. I've been scratching my Blops3 itch lately, too.

But since Destiny's only getting a minor expansion this month, and Destiny 2 being pushed back until next year, I'm pretty stoked for Titanfall 2 to come out. Not jumping on the Infinite Warfare hype train yet.

I used the invisibility perk for the whole second weekend of the beta and it was awesome. I can't believe the most blatant poo poo I got away with against pilots and titans. Didn't miss the grappling hook at all.

If it's anything like the first game then invisibility is ridiculously easy to see, but for some inexplicable reason nobody seems to notice you at all.

I still don't understand it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

They should remove sniper rifles from all fps games

Yes

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

el B posted:

Jesus christ

I'll remove you from all FPS games

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Wtf why isn't this game out yet :(

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

spiralbrain posted:

Should I buy this or BF1??

Ugh. I cant decide. I am poor and can only afford one right now.

Wait to see how they turn out

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I can't wait for everyone to bitch about the Smart 40mm Grenade Launcher

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Pressing the shoot button on the controller is an abuse of the game mechanics and I will be calling the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

i sure hope i don't get banned for exploiting the game when i play titanfall 2 and use the weapons and abilities in the game

gently caress you, I'm taking this to the president. Justice will be served.