Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't wait, but I fear it dying quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm bummed that new new "Atlas" Titan doesn't look like Atlas at all, that loving Titan was awesome and adorable and I'm sad he's not coming back. :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So the super duper collector's edition nets you a wearable helmet with lights and poo poo, PS4 and Xbox One only though.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Psion posted:

No game, not even Titanfall, is worth $250

I mean unless you were the one person in the world already planning your Titanfall cosplay, in which case ...?

gently caress you bro, I need it for my collection of worthless poo poo I've already got going.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/tech-test-note/

No "Multiplayer Tech Test" on PC. Only on Xbox and PS4.

Ugh....

quote:

We’re still making a lot of tweaks and changes to the renderer, the game, and effects so we haven’t run the game through the hardware compatibility lab yet to detect and handle a large variety of hardware - video cards, CPUs etc. Quite frankly, we aren't ready to deal with that yet, we are still making the game better.

Wait, so 2 months from release and they're still working on poo poo and don't even know the min spec? Oh boy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Psion posted:

yeah they're working on poo poo until the last minute, just like approximately every other major game made ever. Unless they also lock out pre-release PC review copies - i.e. trying to hide PC performance until first day of sales - I'm not really worried about it yet.

I guess this is why fat, day-one patches are a thing I guess.

Antoine Silvere posted:

Please Believe in Respawn.

The only people in the game that can make a good shooter.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fuckin' A this looks so god drat good. I really hope this game isn't dead within months.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does anyone else know how the hell they got the Source engine looking so good? I remember playing TF1 and it never felt or looked like lovely Source.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Carecat posted:

Ability and appearance are tied together? Why? It's not like the guy with the robo arm looks like he is stealthy.

I really hope we get more pilot customizations than just these base models, and I hope the game isn't tied down to those models with the abilities because I want to play dress up drat it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

Hopefully we can all customize our waifu titans.

Well isn't that confirmed? Don't you get Titan skins when you pre-order?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

Can you still do the thing where you keep your momentum if you jump at just the right time or is that out?

The bunny hopping? I hope this is back but I didn't see the Giant Bomb guys do it once.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Seeing people play this on controllers is disgusting.

That laser tho.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Carecat posted:

Why would anyone care about the AI? They didn't act like players and made nice window dressing.

They mattered in Attrition. I loved the AI dudes because they weren't pilots, just regular grunts and it made you feel like the coolest super soldier as you bounced around with your jump pack and piloted a giant god drat mech while they tried to defend points. TF1 made you feel like such a god drat bad-rear end it was incredible.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Titanfall was great because everything about it was it's own spin on the typical FPS tropes that made poo poo fun and refreshing, I have a feeling they might just be pandering to that now considering how fast the first game dropped off. Maybe they felt because it strayed too far from tradition that it died. I don't know.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Roman posted:

And I played the poo poo out of 1 on PC with m/kb and I do not remember TTK being that short

The TTK was crazy short in the first game.

Lemming posted:

It was pretty useless in the first game

Wallhanging was a good way to juke out a fucker chasing you, run through a door and jump above said doorway and pick the dude off as he comes in after you. It was really situational but it had some uses.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Antoine Silvere posted:

Amped Smart Pistols are the only amped weapons I want :grin:

You're a terrible person.

Also, there might be some tie-in poo poo for bonus skins via merchandise, since this McFarlane Figure apparently comes with an exclusive spray for the Titans. I wonder if they'll expand on it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NESguerilla posted:

Speaking of figures. Have you guys seen the 2 foot tall, 500 dollar Titan toys they make? I saw one on the store recently and it was loving crazy. Wanted it so bad but I'm not going to pay $500 for an action figure.

I have one, Atlas, it's dope as poo poo and the coolest figure in my collection, but god drat it I also want the Stryder and Ogre figures but that's another $1K on toys... welp.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

It's ok, you got the best one so you don't need those other, worse ones

I know but I just want them. :smith:

Wazzit posted:

They have been pretty quiet about all the complaints about no Attrition since the rumors started. There was a quote from a Polygon article about Bounty Hunt being the new Attrition

Yesterday I asked the lead engineer at Respawn on twitter about it and he surprisingly kinda confirmed that it's not in the game.

https://twitter.com/jonshiring/status/768978057931526144

gently caress man, I'm getting less and less excited for this game now.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

el B posted:

What is attrition, and why is everyone making GBS threads over themselves for it?

It was the bread-and-butter gamemode for TF1, the only one that's even played anymore. It was really solid and a lot of fun with the AI roaming around, seems like it's done away with.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No, it looks like they're pandering to the COD crowd...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No clue who this guy is but he's the worst, gently caress him.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Looking good, though, I hate that weapons are Titan specific now.

Also, it seems like the hover ability makes you one hell of an easy target for everyone to aim for once you're airborne without any sort of cover. Much like how Pharah always gets a headshot using her Q.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Trailer for Ronin posted on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/742928721573609472

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

NESguerilla posted:

I don't get the pre mortems people are predicting on this game? Like, being released close to cod and battlefield might hurt its sales but it's not like there won't be plenty of people playing it for a long time. Really any decent game should have enough players for a long time.

You're kidding right? I mean, I love the poo poo out of Titanfall but that game is dead as poo poo and died relatively quickly, with TF2 being bookended by the two biggest FPS titles it's easy for people to see it as a bad sign. Not to mention gameplay changes that seem to cater to the COD crowd while removing what made Titanfall unique in the first place.

Titanfall 1 is the greatest FPS game of all time (unless 2 is better) but being great wasn't enough to save it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Phase Dash looks dope as poo poo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TastesBlue posted:

Customizing Titan load outs to suit your play style was fun. I'm not sold on the new Titan classes yet.

Yeah, this poo poo is lame.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

boz posted:

I think TFall2 will keep a population just because it'd doing something different.

Didn't work for TF1 so...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lightning Knight posted:

Yeah but TF1 got double butt hosed by being a Microsoft exclusive at a time when they were splitting playerbases across multiple consoles during the transition and Microsoft basically lost the console generation right out of the gate. Neither of those things will be true this time.

But I'm talking about the PC scene which died way before Xbox scenes did.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

Also :siren: the smart pistol is no longer a load out weapon, its a score steak thing like amped weapons now. Rip smart pistol, you were too beautiful for this world :qq:

Thank loving god. Such terrible design.

This is all I wanted. Thank you Respawn.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Knifegrab posted:

OK we joke around here a lot but what the gently caress is wrong with you?

It's neat in theory, but it makes for lovely gameplay and using it is boring as hell.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mr.Citrus posted:

It exist purely for bad players, or people who don't ever pay twitch sports

Get them the gently caress out of my game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

In Training posted:

Playing a multiplayer first person shooter and then having the game aim for you is retarded lol.

The man gets it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lemming posted:

Looks like somebody doesn't understand the concept of e-honor

*gets brutally murdered*

Heh... scrub... I'm the better man...

I believe you mean BETTAH.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

http://www.titanfallfrontline.com/

Titanfall is now a card game I guess? :shrug:

:suicide:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

AirRaid posted:

Speaking of, this game is kinda hella expensive out of the gate. £50 :psyduck:

It's a triple A, multi-platform title, so that's basically standard?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

PC focused blog post with PC Specs and additional information:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/pc-specs/

They're really focusing on PC, and I like it, all of the extra bells and whistles will be awesome.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mordja posted:

Sure didn't expect them to go the FMV route with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTGqERtbeI

The lamest thing they dropped so far, I guess.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Not that it matters and I am obviously pumped for this game, but the concept behind Titanfall is incredibly dumb.

What's wrong with you?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

let me rephrase that. The concept kicks rear end as a game and I like it. The idea that warfare is carried out by people parkouring all over and jumping into robots is hilarious. Why are they getting out of the robots in the first place? it doesn't need to make sense it just makes me laugh when I think about it.

This basically applies to any work of fiction ever though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Goon it up with Mountain Dew and Doritos to get stuff:

https://www.dewanddoritos.com/