Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My only wish is that everyone had access to the grapple, there's no reason not to use it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The last two CODs were a lot of fun and this feels like that with a grappling hook and robots. Although the new COD also has a grappling hook.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RadicalWall posted:

All games are now about heroes, abilities and ultimates. Welcome to 2016.

I mean this game just has a loadout, it's not any different than the last one billion cod games in that regard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The advantage is epic skillshot comps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I've one or two games where a sniper tries to camp from that middle tower in the map with the huge tower in the middle but you just hit the grapple button and zip up into his balls and explode him:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wall hang seems completely useless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

qbert posted:

Has anyone figured out how to play with your friends on PS4, because we couldn't do it yesterday. We even tried creating a network and getting everyone on it, but then choosing "Invite network" and picking a game mode just kicked back to the main menu screen.

At some point between yesterday and today I think it broke, it was working as intended for a bit but now it seems you can only just randomly queue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never thought it would come to this but I'm legit torn between getting the new COD or a Titanfall sequel...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only play COD on PC though because I'm insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They nearly doubled it on the last day of the beta and it was easy to get 2 to 3 Titans in a full match.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to buy this game and never play the mode with AI, it's what turned me off to the first game, I never really knew about the non-AI modes. So they got at least new person playing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

So, should I still be excited about this game or is it time for a meltdown?

I like it. For what that's worth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

It was the bread-and-butter gamemode for TF1, the only one that's even played anymore. It was really solid and a lot of fun with the AI roaming around, seems like it's done away with.

I thought the highest pop game mode in TF1 for a while now was just pilot v pilot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Nah literally the only mode people play in Tf1 nowadays is attrition with a whopping ~300 players lol (at least on PC). The pilot only mode was dead within a few weeks IIRC

I don't know where I heard that from, but they were wrong then

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The network test last weekend was the first time I've played Titanfall and the only mode I would play is classic TDM but you can call in Titans, which as I understand was a mode in TF1.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There should be a geodesic dome made out lasers at the edge of the arenas so it looks like some crazy future blood sport and also you can wall run on them indefinitely as a way to zip around the outer edges. An idea if I was making this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Thanks for the input, guy who framed a "Keep Calm and Standby For Titanfall" poster and hung it up in his living room

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Objective Based Gaming sucks rear end. I only care about sick frags

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should remove sniper rifles from all fps games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Playing a multiplayer first person shooter and then having the game aim for you is retarded lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been having an absolute blast with this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

There should be a geodesic dome made out lasers at the edge of the arenas so it looks like some crazy future blood sport and also you can wall run on them indefinitely as a way to zip around the outer edges. An idea if I was making this game

Somebody at respawn read this and made the coliseum mode FYI. I should get a cut of the profits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raged posted:

It can be Happy Hour EVERY HOUR!!!!!

On PC I have been hopping from network to network each hour and enjoying the sweet sweet bonus merits for the last 4 hours.

When I tried this it just said "you have already claimed your happy hour credits for the day" and wouldn't boost me after the initial network

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Anyone else feel like the Titans are just too easy to kill now? They easily just melt away and I don't feel like the utter bad-rear end piloting them like I used to since I have to play super cautiously. Also the boarding animation for the Titans is so god drat long it seems.

If you have a battery it dramatically increases their life expectancy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is a medley playlist, it's called Variety. There's also 8v8 variety which is bigger team versions of existing modes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah PS4 I haven't had a wait long than like 10 seconds in any mode (except for variety which nobody does) this first weekend. Frankly I wish the "variety" button wasnt a separate queue and just dumped you into a random game type

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody plays COD on PC, it takes forever to get matches and the only mode with a playerbase on BLOPS III for the last 9 months is just TDM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

el B posted:

I just can't stop playing tone. It's literally the only titan I have run so far. How high do the levels go? I'm at, like G2.7.

It looks like the last one that unlocks stuff is G10 but idk if you can just level stuff up forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Exposure posted:

I'm going have to be vague as to how exactly I know this (so I won't mind if you don't believe me), but the devs are contemplating changing variety to be more like you want, they were just worried that it might turn people off it further if people didn't realize that would mean longer wait times depending on the game mode it wants to put you in next (since a mode that just put you into Attrition 99% of the time since it's the fastest to find matches for wouldn't have much variety, after all)

I hope part of the changes for that would be relocating it to be above the selection of playlists to indicate it's not a playlist at all (and hopefully incentivize more people using it), but I don't think the idea had gotten farther than "we could do this if we need to" on the devs' end when they talked about this the day before launch.

As for levels, I think the only ones that go on forever are weapon levels, everything else stops at some point.

Cool. If you know somebody on the dev team tell them it would be rad if I could do private matches of the coliseum mode so I can 1v1 my friends a bunch, that would be a lot of fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Factions some completely pointless, I wonder if since a common complaint around TF1 was "there's not enough stuff to unlock!!" they figured "gently caress it add 6 extra things to prestige on these menus"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think my favorite map is Eden because of the big lane in the middle with two skyscrapers around the railroad where you can always wall run in the area and gain and a bunch of speed before zipping off to a different part of the map

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody on PC buys full price games because they're pirates.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's like a pilot version of the ronin shotty which is a neat idea if not super practical in application

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

widespread posted:

Wait hang on. Was Attrition the good mode? Because that's in the full game, as is Bounty Hunt.

It is but so far I haven't enjoyed it as much as Bounty hunt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On that note, CTF in this game should be loving amazing but the maps don't make sense for it. I would love some CTF-specific variants, maybe without Titans so they could focus on hyper frenzied flag carrying.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the EPG had Quake rocket speed because I would never use anything else. Instagibs are the most satisfying kills in all of multiplayer gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't Ubisoft low key cancel the rest of the season pass DLC without refunding anybody or really announcing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C.M. Kruger posted:

A stationary shield in a game with low TTK and a high emphasis on mobility, and flanking and attacking from different directions, is questionable to say the least.

It's useful in some very specific situation, like eating some Titan attacks to lay in with your anti-Titan weapon free of retaliation, or if you want free cover while depositing in bounty hunt or amping/capping in hardpoint. Personally the first thing I used credits on was the wildcard boost because it's a very fun modifier on the game; about 1/3rd to your Titan you get some fun variant on your strategy to use