Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

a mysterious cloak posted:

I just unlocked phase embark, worth it over something like good old amped weapons?
Well phase embark and amped weapon don't really take up the same slot. Do you mean phase rewind? Cause if you do, then no. Phase rewind is like a less good phase shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

But Marked for Death is the same as it was in the first game? Like I'm fairly certain there were titans and you could be in the middle of a fight and be marked. So what's the difference for people since the mode is the exact same.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That like 7/10 people in here:

didn't own a Xbox 360
didn't play TF1 in any capacity
What does owning a 360 have to do with anything? The game was also on X1 and PC. But yeah, it's just weird to me to see people complain about old mechanics that seemed fine in the first game, kinda like how people complained about amp weapons lasting until you die. I mean, that's just how it was in the first game too and it was good.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Mods??

See:
didn't play TF1 in any capacity

Are you dense
I was just confused by what the 360 had to do with anything but yeah, I'm dumb as gently caress. My bad for you not having played the first game.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Kelp Me! posted:

Oh neat, didn't realize Rearm gave you 2. I guess that means you could technically do 5 in a row, right? Smoke/Rearm/Smoke/Upgrade/Smoke/Smoke/Rearm/Smoke?
The extra smoke was actually a bug that's already been fixed in the live version of the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/6g420w/game_update_going_live_today/

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Kelp Me! posted:

So what's this new 1v11 game mode all about
It's just free for all, but getting kills doesn't give you build meter. Only picking up batteries that spawn around the map will give you that and the batteries are at fixed points around the map like in Last Titan Standing.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm very excited for the upcoming expansion and want to start playing this again. I never even leveled up a character all the way in PVP. My guy is like level 20. What's the go to "make this easy so I can get used to it again" load out and titan that I should use?

Also, there are a lot of play modes. Which ones should I play that don't suck?
The CAR is a pretty easy weapon to pick up and just start killing people, and cloak is a good ability to use or stim. But if you're looking to level, I'd say and just wait for the next DLC coming out next week. There'll be a lot more people playing and it'll be a coop mode, so you won't have to worry about the skill of other people in the game making the experience difficult for you if you're just coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I think FD has a separate leveling system from PVP.
It's got both; there is FD specific leveling and stuff, but you will still level up other stuff normally in the mode.