Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Titanfall was a hella fun game but I really felt like it was let down by humanity not understanding how fun it was and also their desire to unlock a million sidegrades on the way to getting one of the 3 guns that are actually worth using

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Man that feeling of calling in a Titan and leaping off a roof to land in it

Can't wait til my plums are that tight again

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Apex Legends actually has a character that lives at home with his mother so I thought you guys would be stoked about representation

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you shoot someone with every bullet in the clip then they will die so I recommend getting closer.

Clip upgrades do make a huge difference in a game with this TTK though

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

Isn't interest in Apex waning at this point? I heard rumblings about it losing a ton of players and it losing a ton of it's viewership on Twitch.

It's waning in the sense it's gone from 40 million hours watched on Twitch to 10 million hours watched.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Prob the only things TF2 and Apex have in common is crisp-as gunplay and movement. It's the best BR at the moment I reckon and well worth checking out if you haven't already.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

When you get thrown it is extremely sick

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly the only real issue I had with Apex Legends is that for the most part the actual gunplay is just plain horrid, not only in comparison with Titanfall, but with basically every other Battle Royale game I've tried so far

Uhhhhh the gunplay is actually insanely good. Like you're comparing it to PUBG? What?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Apex and Titanfall have extremely similar gunplay but in Apex you can't sweep through a map at extreme speed slaughtering everybody

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Picked this up again after not really playing the multiplayer when I first got it due to me having it on PS4. Now I've played like 1000 hours of Apex I'm way better at using a controller for FPS and I was doing alright, getting some murders.

Highlight was blinding a Titan with an arc grenade, wall running around it blasting it with mag grenades, rodeoing it and then destroying it with a fast Titanfall. I felt like an absolute god.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Halo games always felt loving slow to me and only Reach gave me the option to use sprint as hability and that's loving nuts.

It's an interesting choice if you look at the time period in which Halo first launched. It was massively slowed down compared to the PC FPS of the time like Quake 2 etc, simply so people could play it on console. That combined with the fact you always had access to shooting, melee or grenades was a real divergence from what was available at the time.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

It's designed to work on controllers and in my opinion they nailed it. I played so much Halo when it first came out. I think the biggest thing for me was the AI. Every battle felt pretty different each time, it was immensely replayable.

I'd say Respawn are now the kings of making shooters that feel good on a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

To this day I still love that in Halo you can throw a grenade basically instantly. You'll see a situation arise, think "this calls for a grenade" and then you're just throwing that grenade, throwing that grenade perfectly.

Every other game that perfect moment sails by as you press right on the D-Pad to equip a grenade