Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Last titan standing will get you a bunch of titan XP due to the nature of the matches. But its up to you if you enjoy it. With scorch a lot of the time I'm not even going for kills but rather forcing the enemy to move in ways that help my heavier hitting teammates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

faantastic posted:

Running into an issue on XBOXONE where whenever I join a party after every match it pushes me out of the party. i have googled a few times and not come up with this saem situation. any idea?

Are you joining through an invite network push or the invite friends option?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

This already happens, actually.

Holopilot showing a visible battery is cool but unless it duplicates the little orange there's your loving battery tag pilots get after rodeo then its of limited use since the pilot is trained to aim at that.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have definitely had a holopilot come off a wall and continue running but I have also had a holopilot hit a door at a just slightly off angle and instantly dissolve. Or a rock or a twig or a breath of wind sometimes it feels like so yeah they are fragile things.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Biaga posted:

can you use holopilots during ejection to avoid getting Goosed?

No. The tones will just pick off all three of you

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So wait do we not get prime titans if we preordered or whatever?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thats what happened my deluxe and preorder uninstalled for some reason. Very weird. Thanks for the confirm on that now I have my primes.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

A lot of complaining

Possibly this isn't the game for you

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pilot vs pilot is met with groans every time we hit it in mix tape. I believe the phrase if I wanted to play a game mode without titans I wouldn't have bought Titanfall is uttered fairly regularly. LTS is waaay more interesting.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm quite fond of the pubbie teammates that drop their Titans right in front of yours while you're fighting an enemy Titan, especially when it's just hosed your Core charge.

I occasionally do this to people on purpose (the front drop not the core block) when its clear they are getting overrun to give them a break behind the bubble shield to retreat.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

They're just too effective. I hate late game I'm running around and suddenly a high vantage point sentry picks me off from 500 feet away. It either should do less damage, be way weaker, or something.

Just get behind em and punch em. Or cloak and punch em. Its a one hit ko

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Or dump it directly after dashing twice as a "third" dash

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Flipswitch posted:

What ability do people tend to run on Legion? He's pretty cool

Use bulwark allows me to tank hits with the shield which allows tactical retreats around corners or even pushing up on entrenched titans.

I hear hidden compartment is awesome too but I love my boosted shield

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So I'm positive this has been mentioned but just in case while we are talking about electric smoke it also acts a block to the majority scorches attacks. If you're standing in fire and trigger the esmoke it will extinguish the fire just like it shuts down a thermite grenade.

If you are scorch and you need to pursue someone through your own fire you can extinguish it the same way. It's a handy thing to keep in mind.

Doesn't do poo poo to the flame shield though that'll still gently caress you up.

Edit: OK by time I posted we had moved on to rodeochat but still just in case I'm leaving this here.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 8, 2017

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I feel like comparing anything to the broken mess that was SWBF walker mode is a bad move.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Guillermus posted:

Anyone tried the SMR in F_D? I tried that weapon before before patch and wasn't impressed and now it tears everything apart even titans, it deals a poo poo ton of damage and I'm using it like an assault rifle against anything that moves.

This is gonna sound like I'm being snarky but I'm not. It has always done this. One of the greatest pleasure of the smr in attrition or f_d is just throwing a clip at a group of grunts or whatever and watching them turn into a fine mist.

It's still sorta poo poo at range on anything smaller than a Titan. Less rocket rifle more rocket smg.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

I feel like a lot of the npcs do this really weird lap around the map too. I've left my Titan on the plane near the harvester and sat outside just spam repairing turrets, killing things as they walked past.

The wave is called eye of the storm. So they circle for a while before collapsing in i believe. That wave is hard if you try to engage the patrol zone instead of picking off the ones that detach to come in

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is from a bit back but i like TF2 but would also enjoy a bf2143 again plz. I miss that game.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Went back out of boredom with other games to get the pilot helmets and holy gently caress is this game so much loving fun. Christ the single player was so good and multi was perfect

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't like battle Royale. But the idea of a Titanfall battle Royale with pilots just loving blitzing a over and Titans on a huge map is kinda aight

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It used to be fairly ridiculous in pvp from my memory just because you could call the Titan in and just let it do it's thing. Using an auto Titan as a stalking horse and killing people mounting it was always fun

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tf2 literally spoiled me on shooters. Everyone i go into now im just like why does this suck so loving much look at tf2 theres your standard loving meet it.

Also christ the art in COD:BLOPs is so loving bad it makes me miss this game even more.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

Reinstalled to play TF2 on my new rig since I haven't completed the singleplayer (Got distracted by MP)

Not trying to be dickish but complete single its legit one of the best campaigns in years

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
When i see anything and im scorch i light it on fire

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
TF1 GOOD

TF2 BETTER

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Pls dont be mobile game

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

grenadier weapons have a steep learning curve but can be really fun once you learn to use them. The EPG Softball in particular can make for some really satisfying kills.

:colbert:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Titans in BR would be hilarious

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
AHHHHHHHHHHHGG NO WALL RUNNING AHHHHHHHHHH

no but seriously if there isnt wall running in im just gonna hard pass it unless its loving super de duper de good looking

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stan Taylor posted:

Idk if you know this but Respawn are literally the guys who invented cod. Titanfall is just sci-fi cod.

If cod had giant rideable bff robots id play it

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Played a bunch of bounty again last night. Was a little rusty but still managed to middle of the pack it. One thing i wasnt rusty with was the best Titan ever.

Anf apparently in the intervening time people have forgotten how to handle a semi competent scorch because i clowned on the enemy teams titans with him all game.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MisterFuzzles posted:

It was one Titan that got introduced, Monarch that got that. It was a kit that changed its execution to stealing a battery. No other Titan got it and the dlc Titan skins for the titans only gave them a cosmetically different execution to their original one.

Edit: To note, this was a kit that had to be chosen over something else in the kit slot. You could not just choose it in the execution slot.

Further note: Monarch was free and available to everyone.

Also it was kinda its thing since the rest of its stuff while good wasnt like gently caress you good.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know we all love this game but im ashamed no one has mentioned the level in which they build a loving level around you and how loving cool that level was.

Goddamn that game is so good.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No one ever expects a softball to the face.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dropped into frontier defense on a lark. First round remembering buttons second round remembering routes. All remaining rounds mvp player.

Felt good.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I would like to place my hate in both the bf2147 AND insane speed never stop moving shooty robooty circle

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also play single player.

It wont make you better at multi but its fantastic

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Legion is kinda like scorch. Initially seems slow and unwieldy. But when you hit a good pilot in one its a loving hard stop your dead

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you are a new player and keep losing titans to dumb spots
Dont call it in. Spawn in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer