Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Titanfall 1 was legit, a great game to just hop in and play a few rounds whenever. I just hope that this time around they'll get a bit more creative with the pilot weapons. It was a bit of a waste of the sci-fi setting to still just have everyone running around with the same old staple FPS guns. It's the future, where are my lasers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

sarmhan posted:

The battery you steal is used to give your Titan some shield HP, IIRC.

Yeah, I think they mentioned that Titan's shields don't regenerate on their own anymore, so the only way to replenish them would be to steal enemy batteries and recharge allied titans with them.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The Ion's energy meter is on the left side of the screen btw.

Anyway here's Legion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAAyHn58KPw

I'm absolutely behind a Titan whose whole design concept is "giant fuckoff gun".

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zzulu posted:

I dont know how to eject :3:

Mash the enter/exit button three times in quick succession. Took me a while to figure out as well.

So, how much of a jerk am I for whoring the poo poo out of the sidewinder? I dunno what it is about that thing, but it just deletes people ridiculously quickly with barely any effort. Who needs an actual gun when you can just poo poo out two dozen rockets on a moment's notice?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Actually, Sidewinder Is Good. You use it in close quarters and for excellent Titan harass, paired with Wingman for bread and butter murder.

Yeah, I've been using almost nothing else for the trial. Admittedly I hadn't unlocked that many other guns to compare it with, but it served me really well for the time. It seems like just two direct hits kill a player, and you poo poo out so many rockets so quickly that you can kill people in a blink once you get down how much you need to lead. Most of the time I just used it from the hip while sprinting around, but when you do zoom in it's accurate enough to snipe the occasional grunt or titan from a distance. Being able to damage titans and quickly kill Stalkers/Reapers on top of that is just gravy.