Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Yeah the flying knee melee is awesome.
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/TtkGHjv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Also it's important to note that you can shoot through your own player/tone shield and it amps damage.

Only the orange Amped Wall pilot shield increases damage. Tones' Particle Wall and the Hard Cover boost do not.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Ledenko posted:

This was probably asked before, but how does Titdrop 1 compare to 2? Is it worth playing?

If you can find enough people playing and you ignore the opportunity cost of time that could be spent playing TFall 2...yeah I guess? TFall 1 didn't stop being an amazing game just because the new game came out. But at the moment I can't see much reason to go back to the old when the new is available. The few things that it did a little better don't outweigh all the great stuff they added.

And as much as I liked the "campaign multiplayer" they kinda gimped it with an update that cut out the mission briefings in the lobby and messed with some other stuff. If you're just looking for story you'd be better off watching a video like this one.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Last night was kinda frustrating, pretty much every game went like this.

runchild
May 26, 2010

PlushCow posted:

I've been enjoying the Mastiff shotgun, so satisfying, and with the spread somewhat forgiving if you cant aim perfectly.

A question for those in the know: what should Scorch's shield stop specifically? It feels like it doesnt stop poo poo like the titan with the minigun shooting me, but I used credits for the shield duration mod and have used it to great effect burning titans I can get close enough to, but as a shield sometimes it feels iffy that it's stopping what it should.

It's supposed to melt all incoming projectiles, but I've not seen any testing as to what ignores that. I know Ion's vortex shield can't just catch a whole salvo core for some reason.

If you're taking damage from a Legion's normal bullets with your heat shield up the two most likely explanations are 1) he's hitting some exposed bit of your feet or shoulder or 2) you're stepping in your own thermite on accident.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Any tips on using the SMG? I feel like they're inferior to assault rifles due to the damage drop off and control issues. It's a real feast or famine kind of weapon with some (terrible) maps being big open areas while others (really good) maps being tight urban maps with lots of close quarter fights with both titans and pilots.

If you're having control issues with the SMGs, you're probably aiming down the sights. Don't do that. They have amazing hipfire, so they work really well while you stay extra mobile. If you're engaging at a range where the hipfire isn't sufficient, you're probably better off closing the distance. So they pair really well with Stim.

runchild
May 26, 2010

The only issue I have with Reapers is collision. There's a reason Titans can walk right through drop pods.

Stalkers, on the other hand, are bad.

runchild
May 26, 2010

AHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSS
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/runchild/video/23595856

runchild
May 26, 2010

Did they just recently add the helmet removal effect when you die from a headshot? I've never noticed it until this week but now suddenly I'm seeing the same balaclava-without-holes thing that Anderson had under his helmet in the single player.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Sidearms are the only weapons with silencers, so you can use them to hunt AI while staying off the minimap.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Neato. I'm super curious what all those new kits do, and what the "Wingman Elite" is.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Hahaha what the gently caress are they thinking. "People are saying Tone is too strong and Northstar is too weak. So what if we gave Tone a kit that made Northstar obsolete?"

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Most

people

suck

and are

garbage

I have this same collection of screen caps except it's me topping the leaderboard but my team still losing :(

runchild
May 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Wait what? A lot of times if I think a pilot is nuke ejecting I dumped a bunch of routes or cores into them and they still killed me. is this possible?

I'm pretty darn sure once a Titan starts the eject sequence, it's invincible until it explodes, nuke or not.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. On that note, why would anyone ever manually eject their titan?

If you're trapped in a corner while an enemy is nuke ejecting. You'll either escape the explosion or be in the invulnerable phase while it happens.

runchild
May 26, 2010

There's a lot of talk that maybe Titan executions are a little glitchy and don't always activate when they should. Don't know why but it definitely seems to be true. But yeah, just melee when they're doomed.

RE: Thunderbolt - I don't have any concrete evidence but I think it might actually do more damage if you let it sail by the enemy instead of landing directly. More time to do splash damage that way. I could be wrong though.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Holy poo poo Ronin can tank a nuke eject with his sword block.

runchild
May 26, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

You could tank it with the Vortex shield in the first game, does that still apply here?

According to that video, no. Flame shield won't help you either. They survived but went from full health to doomed with Particle Wall and Gun Shield, but I think their results were skewed by being farther away while using those.

runchild
May 26, 2010

double post

runchild
May 26, 2010

RE: Ion Prime's new execution. Using the Laser Core on the enemy pilot is baller as hell, but the lead up to it is weird. The fake out punch and backwards crouching clothesline are confusing and awkward. Maybe it's just the angle the trailer is at.

runchild
May 26, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

So wait do we not get prime titans if we preordered or whatever?

You get the prime Titans if you bought the deluxe edition. Preordering just gets you access to Angel City early.

ALSO, make sure you have the Nitro Scorch downloaded. Mine got uninstalled somehow and I didn't have access to Angel City until I noticed it was missing.

runchild
May 26, 2010

I really hope he meant "I leave that particular confrontation and go somewhere else on the map" instead of the world's dumbest rage quit.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

I just regenned for the first time and all i got were the gold camos, no credits. Blew 225 of my 260 credits on low profile.

You don't get a pile of credits when you regen, he's just saying that all the merits you had to earn to get to lvl 50 translated into credits. Don't know the exact number but it should have been more that 260. Especially with Advocate Gifts sometimes dishing out credits.

Anyways, I initially wrote off satchels because the double-tap-reload-to-detonate takes ages compared to the first game. So I finally gave them another try aaaaaaaand I still think they got gimped to hell. The explosion radius has to be like half of what it used to be. I spent a couple games trying to use them to clear the banks and all I ever got were hit markers, no kills.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Legion isn't the only Titan that can goose with his Core:

Bonus! my proudest moment in Titanfall 2 so far:

runchild
May 26, 2010

I know it slows me down and makes me kind of vulnerable sometimes, but when I roll with Legion I use Overcore and Sensor Array. I get my Smart Core faster and then I can just hold down the trigger for DAYS.

runchild
May 26, 2010

I don't really understand when folks only use one tactical. Variety is fun! Have at least one loadout for each ability; switch between them based on map, enemy tactics, or just for fun. Sure, you'll occasionally throw an Amped Wall down while trying to Stim, but who cares.

I usually pair Grapple with an Assault Rifle, Pulse Blade with whatever, Stim with SMGs and Shotguns, Cloak with Snipers and sometimes Shotguns, Phase Shift with Grenadier weapons, Amped Wall with LMGs and Snipers, and Holo Pilot with whatever.

runchild
May 26, 2010

"Hold down the melee button for Titan executions" gets said a lot but I don't think it's actually true. I never hold down melee in a Titan and I get plenty of executions. Of course sometimes it seems like it doesn't work but I think that's usually lag. Occasionally it also seems like the game saying "I don't know how to place your Titans for the animation without clipping through things so sorry, no execution for you."

runchild
May 26, 2010

So, apparently Northstar can shoot right through an A-Wall. Doesn't even need to be charged up. I found this out the hard way, multiple times in the same match.

runchild
May 26, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

is that with the penetrating shots titan kit? if so then dang, handy to know

No idea, I was the one being killed by it.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Apparently the Double Take is actually a Triple Take.

https://youtu.be/4XPV3bmDOaQ

runchild
May 26, 2010

Insane Totoro posted:

I always run Overcore + Extra Battery on Tone so I can make more missiles faster.

What do Tone users run as the other perk? I use the one that adds more missiles to the standard barrage. Does the burst fire cannon do anything good?

When I use Tone I run the extra ping on my sonar. I like getting multiple enemies locked at one time and it's very helpful with that. Plus even against one guy you can have them fully locked after just a single hit. But remember, if you throw your sonar and then immediately shoot them twice you've basically wasted your second ping. Gotta use it with that in mind, preparing for the engagement before it even happens or ducking out for a sec while you rack up the lock-ons.

runchild
May 26, 2010

This was my favorite bit from playing last night.

http://imgur.com/AMmNcZc.gifv

runchild
May 26, 2010

Severedseven posted:

Is it confirmed that they are raising the cap past gen 11 with the new update? I'm at 10.48 and will be a little deterred from leveling my less fun loadouts if so.

There's no mention of it in the patch notes. I'm pretty annoyed that I'm sitting at 10.49 (sometimes it shows up as 10.50?) and Stoic Black pilot camo is just taunting me. Hell, there's banners that don't unlock until gen 15! Just gonna work on unlocking all the patches I guess. Still gravitating to this game every time sit down to play something, even without new maps. It's just so good.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Ularg posted:

Such a great night, now realize my only controller is now not properly reading the analog stick so if I push the stick all the way to the right it doesn't register it all the way.

Not quite as game-breaking but the right bumpers on BOTH my controllers have stopped working. Can't throw grenades, can't use Ion's shoulder laser, it's awful. I tried remapping the controller but the only buttons that don't see use are the the left and right d-pad. Nothing felt right and I played like garbage.

So, def want to try out Live Fire this weekend (preferably with goons) but I guess I gotta buy a new controller first.

runchild
May 26, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Anyone else notice that the Attrition team cap was changed again? Used to be 500, then 475, now 450.

The change from 500 to 475 happened pretty early, and I heard it was because they thought too many Attrition games were running out the clock. The new change from 475 to 450 is balancing out the removal of a scoring bug. When you killed a pilot in their Titan, your team's score used to go up by 20 even though it only said 15. I guess it was counting the 15 for Titan+Pilot and the 5 for the Pilot.

EDIT: Never mind this is wrong.

runchild fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 27, 2017

runchild
May 26, 2010

Kane posted:

Thanks.

Should I be Always-Running?

Pretty much, but not on the ground. Wall run whenever possible. You move faster that way and as someone, said, some of the guns don't need to ADS to be effective at most ranges.

runchild
May 26, 2010

wa27 posted:

It couldn't have happened all the time. I just watched a couple saved replays (pre-patch) where I killed 5 titans with pilots and each time it gave our team 15 points. One was a Titan drop kill, two were Scorch cores, one was a firewall, one was Scorch shield.

So I don't know when that bug actually occurs. Maybe only on PC?

Alright, scratch what I said, I'm not seeing it in clips either. Serves me right for believing what someone on Reddit said.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Anybody know if putting a silencer on a pistol actually reduces the damage/range? That's how it usually works in COD/Titanfall 1 but the description doesn't mention it at all, and it seems like kind of a dick move to do to pistols.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Nichol posted:

I just started using the smr how is this hands down not the best gun?

Because the spread and travel time means you can't hit the broad side of a barn with it at more than extremely short range, and the splash damage is nearly nonexistent? And it's mediocre usefulness against Titans doesn't make up for that. I don't know how you come away from using that gun with anything but disdain for it.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Wazzit posted:

Also, I'm reading that Attrition is back up to 500 again?

Yep, can confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

Wazzit posted:

475 was probably the perfect number, last night's matches felt like they went on for a bit too long, especially when we are up to 425 and the other team is barely breaking 100. Although I like that the higher score cap allows for a second wave of Titan on Titan fights, when it was at 450 it felt like the match was over when it was just starting to heat up again.

450 was definitely too short, the match always felt like it ended too soon. 475 was okay, it did help encourage that second Titan wave. 500 felt great to me, even better chance at a second wave, and more room for a close game to turn around. There was definitely one sweaty match last night that we would have lost without those extra points. I do feel sorry for the teams we dunked on, but those last few points came pretty fast when the other team was that bad. We also happened to face a lot of lovely teams last night. RIP free weekenders.

It's possible I am biased though, my brain really prefers a nice clean multiple of 100.