Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Wrong tab was disappointed it wasn't a link to the Star Citizen stream going up..But oh man I had a blast with the first TF and stoked for more. Not gonna be surprised if we have another case of the rail gun or cannon whatever it was in 1 with those couple titan high damage laser weapons they showed becoming the one proper thing to use on PC where they'll be easy to aim. Hard to tell with the stream quality but I'm thinkin' a lot of stuff looked pretty similar. Like I'm hoping this is the kind of sequel where they built all the engine and visual stuff in the first one and got to spend most of their time building gameplay elements for the second.

Dear devs pls double or triple the pilot ttk for us olds that want to play pseudo-Quake with robits instead of CoD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I kill you with a Smart Pistol, i'm BETTAH, You kill me with a Smart Pistol, YOU'RE BETTAH. It's as simple as that!

:vince:

Lawl totes forgot about that

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

AirRaid posted:

£40 is the standard.

Standard pre or post brexit :smugdon:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know if the current GMG price of $46 is only for pre-order, like I can't see how the first week of gameplay feedback goes without payin full price? Between Overwatch, Dark Souls 3, and Doom I'm pretty queued up and not in superhype mode for this. That bein' said, I have 129 hours in TF1 so the right answer is prolly to just give the screen the stink eye while I pull the trigger on the pre-order to get in on the ground floor while the ~meta~ and playerbase are fresh right..after the initial complainin, sounds like with them adding attrition back it's prolly gonna be fun like the first one?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Went ahead and pulled the trigger to get the GMG discount, be back in a week to post "bargefink was right"

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

lawl

Can someone also pls post the original BETTAH.mp4, I can't even remember enough of how it goes for what to look for

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Went to pre-load and see about a VPN unlock but we're on the wrong T-day of the week, gently caress

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Lookin forward to playing and seeing the rest of the mechs in the first 2 weeks on PC before we find out what it's like to use the death star beam with a mouse

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Yo green man! .......where my code at.

I just started playin Dark Souls 3 but I'm getting crashes there from the new Nvidia driver, which is the one I'll need for TF2. Goddamnit.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
My e-mail came, GMG keys are a go :woop:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Hopped in the campaign a bit before work and it's groovy to be titanfalling again.

Fullscreen seems to be locked at 60hz, lol at no fullscreen borderless option but using that little Windowed Borderless Gaming app works for me to do windowed mode lined up right and running at my screen's 106hz. The film grain is real. At 42% downloaded you can run through the tutorial stuff which is pretty groovy. I actually liked the tutorial! Much quicker and more interactive than the usual "why heeellloooo therrreee....press the double u key on your keyboard in order to move your player character in the forward direction..let's try it now OK, press the double u key...goood! let's move on to the other cardinal directions!"

Lookin' forward to getting in some MP later while everyone else still sucks too.

quote:

bargefink was right

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Do weapons/etc. take more xp to level up with each level? Aka is cycling through lowest level weapons/titans faster to crank through pilot levels?
Know what gives xp for that stuff - I assume I have to kill things with that weapon/titan to level them? Can I farm grunts and stuff with the pistols I don't actually wanna use to level em?

Game is fun yo.

I had some luck with the pilot wall shield, right spot in some of the corridor-ey spots on maps with a longer range weapon and you can mow folks down quick, yeah ttk is low anyway but it means a couple bullets you have to land from a distance. Also neat for the one time I was getting shot from behind while wallrunning and turned around, threw it below me, hit the ground quick behind the shield and wrecked the dude chasing me. Just tinkered around with it a little, seems more situational but in the right spot guarantees you'll be the one getting the kill.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The network thing has gotta just be for social/party stuff not for actual pings of matchmaking, otherwise it'd be super easy to pick a "network" you never find a game on.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Rewind to steal a battery, then teleport back on the titan to drop a grenade? I dunno if it works, using the random boost and the situation only came up once but I got blown up too quick. The giant target on your back for stealing a battery is garbage, you already get a big green glowing thingy.

Do you have to actually hit E to rodeo?

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Check your video settings after the patch, it may have reset them including the default 70 fov :barf:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone found a use for the fire grenade thing (besides lettin folks know there's a pilot around)? I haven't messed with the grav grenade much, but seems like the arc does kind of the same thing but more. Like TF1 I've settled on pretty much using the arc the whole time.

Found the true use for the shield boost!

360 degree shield and pretend you're a tank with a machine gun and archer, be invincible with this unbeatable strat! Naw it's pretty garbage but funny as poo poo to just plop down in the middle of some crap, shield both sides, and sometimes kill everyone around before they can get you. Think someone from here was in a game I was doing that (badly) in.
I am for real getting some use out of the shield ability (not boost) though; along with a machine gun you can use it to charge in especially the beginning of BH where it's a team on each side with mobs in the middle and 1) Set up in the open 2) Slaughter mobs 3) Pick off pilots with your big sightline from not having to hug cover 4) Distract so your teammates can flank. With how some of the movement and positioning play out you can use the shield to be in the opposite spots you normally are, aka out in the open, and have lots of vision to pick folks off if you have a medium/long range gun.

It's really annoying that the low % cost boosts that suck are only one use per titan bar.

Finished up the campaign and gotten a good bit of MP matches in, game is fun yo. Seems things are more balanced this time around; while there's some junk overall I think a lot more weapons/abilities/etc. are usable.

Game does look beyond the "players in your region" number for matching. I know cause I stared at searching for CTF for a bit with 4/10 players and 0 in region. One day TF5 will release and it won't be smushed between a Battlefield and CoD. Think it's better than last time, but I wish they'd just knock it down to BH, Attrition, Hardpoint, and CTF, and do a playlist that let you hit the whole pool. This is the best game for CTF I've seen for a long time so fuckin :rip: on no one playing that, boooo. Thought it sounded the dumbest but I'm really diggin bounty hunt for how the pacing works out, my fave mode. (On PC)

Game is way fun yo

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Threw a grapple somewhere and accidentally hit someone who was invis, swung in and got the kill; shiiit I might have to turn Shadowplay back on.

New thing I love to do: arc grenade a titan, grapple to it, steal battery, hop off and arc it again mid-air and grapple back. Last game the battery steal got me to 100% so during the second arc+grapple I got to DROP A TITAN ON IT :black101:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The dynamic resolution setting is loving AWESOME tech console folks have had and I now I want it on every PC game, y'all check it out. I had knocked a couple settings down for annoying framerate drops, was still getting them when they patched dynamic res in and now I use that to keep things real smooth without having to tinker around forever finding that perfect high settings vs framerate balance. I can tell when it kicks in cause (more distant?) stuff gets a little blur but I'll take what looks like a half second of DoF over hitching any day of the week.

Heads up, it's resetting to 60 for the target framerate for me every game launch.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

Look I love this here joke, its top notch. But I really need an answer to this question!

I spent some rounds trying to gimmick make A-wall + amped weapons work with the archer and/or beam laser but couldn't tell if or how much it was actually boosting. Been hoppin around weapons and strats and stuff so much I mighta just not been familiar enough with the normal weapon damage, I dunno.

Best way to play Ronin is to pretend you're a giant Genji and yell RYUUJO<gibberish> every time you ult activate core

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Mordja posted:

I've gotten killed several times by Reapers warping in. :smith:

Learned last night that a reaper drop can kill you in a titan! Also that a dying spectre will blow up and cause damage, which will show up in the kill feed as spectre power supply. Whoops. Got the XBOX RECORD THIS thing turned on now cause the amount of random cool poo poo that happens in this game is even more than TF1. Like the first day I played it I hit stim right when the match started and in a mid air perpendicular line flew straight in to an enemy sound spike and died.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm failin at searching, what's an easy way to turn a local 60ps mp4 into an embedded..I don't even know nowadays, gif? webm? gifvmvbmmp4mov? to post here

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Pretty sure you can just throw it on gfycat and it'll do the rest.

Yah sweet, now to see if this embed works

e: Woahh nelly how do I make it not huge! The mobile version doesn't seem to do it..?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IgnorantHonorableGonolek-mobile.mp4

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm really good at jumping into crossfire to give away kills. Totes gonna post dumb poo poo now that I have the capture turned on, first time really messing with it so if there's a 'best' way to embed these from gfycat please lemme know!

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Rough time to find out. I love havin grenade on m4 (and tacticool on m5)

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
New favorite thing in MP is playing floor is lava with a shotgun+ability cooldown mod, phase shift, arc nades, and power cell. Instead of doing reactionary oshit phasing I'm pretending it's SP and just hitting it all the time when I think I'm about to be in the other team's sight or when I spot someone and it's some hilarious poo poo to be appearing near people all the time with a stun nade cocked and a shotgun. Even snazzier too with an assault chipped Ronin, every time I look up and have a big robit buddy teleport+shotgunning with me too it's :allears:

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Amped Wingman is a one shot kill, that's pretty cool.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

The Volt definitely seems great. Looking forward to using this more. I like it way better than the CAR.

Just unlocked wingman. Anyone have thoughts on it?

teh_Broseph posted:

Amped Wingman is a one shot kill, that's pretty cool.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Yup wingman ain't what it used to be. The hipfire spread is garbage but crouching aka sliding tightens it up a lot - slide for close range and ironsight for longer ranges, amp it for one shot kills and it's pretty dang serviceable.

I started to say it boils down to bein dumb cause why would you take a pistol when you could do CAR or whatever plus a real anti titan weapon and be better off. Messed around and I'm not 100% sold on the idea though. Lookin at the weapon spreadsheet and trying it out in a private match, the DPS between grenadier and anti-titan weapons is comparable. MGL does more damage but Softball has more range. SMR does more damage but Archer is safer. Thunderbolt does more damage (I think?) but EPG can spam more. Also there's the deal of the primaries having unlimited ammo and generally being better against pilots. So I dunno, maybe it is fine to mix it up like that and supplement with amped weapons for wingman 1 shots or a smart pistol. Overall it's still like TF1 that some loadouts just seem flat out better at handling a bunch of stuff but with the ability, grenade, etc. options you can make things work.

Google Butt posted:

is this as fun or more fun than beef1

It's way bettah. I got bored in the BF1 beta real quick but havin a blast here. Always was less CS and more Quake, idc about crouching around near cover with an AK lemme fly around with scifi bullshit.

Magnus Condomus posted:

You ever just really feel the need to give someone the boot
http://i.imgur.com/vmyiZtd.gifv

I love getting out of my titan to take care of things even though almost half the time It ends up killing me.

:pusheen:

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 6, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

bewilderment posted:

So, like... if I'm running around with a Grenadier weapon that isn't the SMR which I can use like it's an assault rifle, is there any reason not to run around with the Mozambique as secondary?

I tried to jump the gun and pick up the level 45 Grenadier weapon that shoots four grenades at once but using it feels impossible.

I'm diggin the pistols more for backup with the grenadier weapons. It sucks when you see a pilot above you with some distance facing another direction and you have no hitscan guns.

Phase shift is neat

https://giant.gfycat.com/SadDearBufeo.webm

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

The anti titan weapons are good for dinging bounty titans for money, killing reapers, and helping buddies kill a titan. Actually taking out a titan with one is rare but they are far from useless. Bringing a pistol feels actually pointless since you never run out of ammo, unless you want to main the pistol instead of your primary. I guess they might be sort of useful for shotgunners or snipers.

I honestly don't get the logic behind choosing between a pistol or anti titan weapon in this game. The pistols should just be added in with the primary weapons.

I'm thinkin it's to give the option of something to go along better with the grenadier weapons. Maybe for pilot vs. pilot mode too, or for the start of matches before titans are out since you can switch out.

Pretty sure Sidewinder does the most damage to titans of all the weapons if you can land the shots and hit some crits, gotta try that out some more.

How's regen XP work? Somewhere it said you get a bonus but with the new 1xp/1 merit system I can't tell if I'm getting any extra. If anything it's a lot slower since all my stuff is already levelled up so no more easy merits for getting like 2 kills with something.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Satchel damage is real. Argh they went into smoke so I couldn't see the archer damage after to compare. Anyone know why my WINDOWS 10 RECORD THAT! button only does ~7 seconds when I have it set to 30 (and toggled to 15 for testing)?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ConstantInnocentBrant.webm

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

Phase Shift -> Fire Shuriken

Flatline w/ faster ADS and Tactikill

Thunderbolt w/ faster ADS and faster reload

Tactical Recharge. Silent Rodeo.

Amped weapons boost.

Enjoy!

Solid setup fo sho. What all you use the fire shuri for? When I've messed around with it I ended up using the better grenades perk to feel like I was doing anything so the recharge wasn't an eternity and to help me aim for titans. Pretty much all I used it for was hittin titans, occasionally huckin one on reload or whatever hoping for a pilot kill.

PS It's on the first map load that my adaptive res framerate target resets to 60, heads up anyone running higher refresh rates and using that option (which ya should be!) to check it when you jump in a game.

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 8, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Just hear this line and you're covered on the TF1 story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QbU2Qy2Sg&t=327s

And for some lore, here's a tale - In MP every now and again you could start a game in a titan with 100% uptime maphack and go like 40-0

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 8, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Dear Respawn purty pls remove the loving lame giant target on your back for stealing a battery the risk/reward is fine without it, and let me shoot while grappling so I don't feel (as?) gimped taking it. Well or just give everyone grapple all the time.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I was all stressin about the election but then was like hold up

https://giant.gfycat.com/LawfulPastelCrustacean.webm

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Grapple best skill or bestest skill? Naw but I'm happy that I at OCD'd all the weapons to lvl 10 and titans to whatever finishes their unlocks so I can just pick loadouts on what sounds good and/or fun instead of what needs levelling.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThankfulGraveGavial.webm

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
https://giant.gfycat.com/FickleInferiorDegus.webm

https://fat.gfycat.com/EssentialDigitalAegeancat.webm

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
More running into poo poo, and charge hack totally shores up not having a long range primary

https://giant.gfycat.com/PhysicalUnpleasantDouglasfirbarkbeetle.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/MarvelousFineImperatorangel.webm

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
For some of the more open maps with long sight lines (Homestead, Forwardbase) my new favorite build that can be hilarious low effort bullshit is:
A-wall
Devotion - tactitkill, threat scope
Charge rifle - extra ammo, hack
Power cell
Amped weapons

Especially for bounty hunt where the teams start at opposite ends and the mobs all drop in the middle. Game starts, real quick turn the corner so you can see across, plop the wall down, start holding the trigger on the devotion, then find red stuff to waggle the mouse at. The amped bullets kill REAL quick, along with the huge clip, accurate shots, and red scope highlights it's the laziest way to rack up a bunch of kills and probably some rage. Time to cash in bounties pop in a corner with your wall and take a snooze. The great part isn't just that it works against pilots but that you can also kill the mobs stupid fast.
Once titans are out it's just as funny to sit a distance back and lol at the robits from behind the wall; hacked rifle does big damage and you're pretty safe while the wall's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The little bit folks chat on PC it's bout always chill, but some dude was goin on about how I was a camping fag who should go back to CoD cause I was Devoting behind A wall sooo..it works :v: