Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

We know there's 6 'tacticals'- besides the hook, they've shown the pulse blade (throwing knife that gives sonar where it lands), and a holo decoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The battery you steal is used to give your Titan some shield HP, IIRC.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Polygonplaysdoom.mp4

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well, it's the problem of working 2 jobs: you have to be a good writer, and good at video games. A rare mix of skills.

This. Also being good at multiple genres is even rarer, and reviewers can often end up in a genre that they aren't necessarily talent at or inclined to.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Lemming posted:

I'm good at my job and I'm good at video games. Unless you're saying the only people who are good at video games are unemployed

No he's saying that the subset of good at writing and good at videogames is small.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Lemming posted:

Lol, so what would that have to do with video game reviewers
Ok. 'Able to write coherently'.
Point still stands though.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

On the other hand I can VPN to Glorious Nippon and play at 12 PM on Thursday :japan:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Don't buy from grey market key sites if you want to play a game immediately on release.

GMG isn't grey market. They're just getting screwed over by EA.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mordja posted:

gently caress it, I think I'm in. Now that the game is out, is GMG getting keys to people properly? They still do vouchers on checkout?
Yea keys are available- they moved from vouchers to being able to see the discounted price when logged in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Geight posted:

What are "Ion Prime" and "Scorch Prime" that are listed as benefits for buying the Deluxe Edition of this game? The only info I can find is that they're released in December, and presumably are some kind of Titan?
They're fancier looking versions of two of the titans.