Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
MY BIG ROBOT BUDDY SACRIFICED HIMSELF FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :qq:

Hi, I decided to root through the incredibly backlogged "I'll get back to this someday" pile, and played the campaign because I, once again, possess a computer which can play games with good quality.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You should at least try co-op.

poo poo, there's a co-op mode? I wish I'd known that before I uninstalled. :argh:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Amazing, I think that *may* be one of only a handful of Funkos that don't look like poo poo.

Tangential: Been making my way through the thread from page one... I am actually kind of surprised at the lack of art of My Big Robot Buddy Who Is Real And My Friend so far.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I don't understand something about how Sarah says "Don't worry, you're working for the good guys". I mean.... was that ever in doubt?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm getting discouraged by multiplayer. I can't seem to find anything that clicks. A lot of things that I would like to do, but the progression system won't let me have yet because progression systems.

In what was probably a very ill-advised move, I went and unlocked smartpistol as the first thing because I am Bad At Multiplayer.

I would *love* to have Low Signature so I could be ripping batteries out of titans left and right, but that's not available to me for another..... 12 levels or so?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Increased view kick and hipfire spread for R-101 and 201.

-Welp, it was nice pretending I wasn't actually a boat anchor.

Players will now have 5 seconds of invulnerability after jumping out of a dropship.

-Oh good, no more "jump out of dropship, land on Tick, die immediately."

Mozambique is now automatic, has 2 more shots, and fire rate has been increased.

-So.... it's a Mastiff that can also be equipped in the secondary slot, now?

Arc grenades now stick to a surface and explode after .75 seconds.This applies only to multiplayer. Arc grenades will function as they previously have in single player.

-This is crap. I *just* started using them to some pretty good effect.

Reapers now dodge less frequently.

-Now I can use something that's not the Thunderbolt! Seriously, whoever programmed the drat things played too much Dark Souls.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 27, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I suppose now is the time to start grinding up a CAR.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It was a good run, boys. See you in some other game.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm sure Respawn will be fine, just like all the other companies that have been acquired by EA *touches ear*...I've just been informed those companies were all dismantled for parts and their employees all had their hearts torn out before being put on a metal rack and lowered into a pit of lava.

Eyewitness reports from the nearby office parks report loud chanting to the "lord of decay" and beseeching blessings from "Krang, The Dead One" to "unleash his priceless treasure made from the oldest decayed planets" upon the supplicants.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/928746577174282240

All of these replies are just all "rip" "condolences" "don't do it" "should we get the shovel ready?"

The only congratulatory reply that I've found was:

https://twitter.com/johntdrake/status/928751395406151680

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Just watch, Anthem is going to bomb, because it's a Destiny trendchaser rather than being a game made for its own merits, and then the entire Bioware name will become history.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Better get the shovels out. Respawn is as good as dead.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Into Doritos(tm) brand chip-shaped ninja stars.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Brutakas posted:

This is the part that continues to stick out for me:

Why would you want to work under the publisher that did that?

I can only assume that it was cashing out.

I wouldn't want to see Respawn and Titanfall under Nexon's wing, because Nexon are Korean and will turn any game they own into microtransaction city, but much the same can be said about EA.

I hope everyone working at Respawn got a big payday with the EA buyout. And if not, they should milk EA for all they're worth before jumping ship.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

quote:

I talked about the deal with Vince Zampella, CEO of Respawn, and Patrick Soderlund, executive vice president at EA. They say that the opportunity arose and the timing was right to take the familiar relationship to the next level. They said that Respawn will operate autonomously and continue its work on a Titanfall game, a Star Wars game, and a non-Star Wars, non-Titanfall virtual reality game for the Oculus Rift VR headset.

“We want to have the best games. We have a good relationship,” Soderlund said. “The creative freedom is still here: DICE, BioWare, our studios have creative freedom and creative integrity. That’s what gets those studios to make great games.”

Allow me to translate the words of noted liar Patrick Soderlund, into what the rest of us know he actually means:

quote:

Respawn had better loving watch their rear end. Either your games pull in billions of dollars and looks good on the balance sheet, or you get to join Visceral, and Origin, and Maxis, and Mythic, and Bullfrog, and Westwood, and Pandemic. Also, you can do whatever you like, so long as it uses Frostbite, and gets focus group and market tested to death.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Nov 13, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The nerf finally forced me to fork out for the flatline. <.<;

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Don't lie, you were hoping to play TF2 with some itasha-as-gently caress Titan skins. =P

edit: Speaking of pain, holy balls, why is the animation so bad?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 18, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I took the long way around and came back to a weapon I should have unlocked right off the bat: The G2. (Turns out I love the Flatline in campaign, and the G2 can eat a dick, but vice versa when I'm in multiplayer.)

What's it *actually* worth these days, how do I better use it, I don't know where or how I'd get started with running down patch changes to it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It took me three regenerations, 26 levels, and going through almost every other pilot primary, but I finally feel like I'm *not* a liability to my team.

I'm gonna feel real annoyed when I buy the Longbow and realize that THAT was the weapon I'd actually been waiting for.

I also learned that I needed to lead my shots a little on Tone, and now I'm goosing ejecting pilots left and right.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
There is hope for Titanfall 3's progression:

http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-loot-boxes-are-gambling-wants-them-banned-in-europe/

The story and mechanics are still doomed to being market-tested to death, though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Speaking of rodeoing! I hate how the loving game locks your view into staring at the battery as you rip it.

Seriously, let me loving evaluate my evasion options so I don't immediately get punched out of the air as soon as I come out of your goddamn canned animation.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Papa Scorch bless, I basically gave up trying to level Legion and Tone in Frontier Defense, and suddenly I stopped having to run around like a chicken with its head cut off putting out fires SETTING EVERYTHING ON FIRE AHAHAHAHAHAHA

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Digirat posted:

Wave 5 on rise is either the most boring or the most fun thing in the game depending on whether you're scorch or not. Melting a blob of 3 nukes down in as many seconds feels so great

Ah-ah-ah, melting down a blob of three nukes down in as many seconds with your core, and then instantly having your core come right back up again. :discourse:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

dragonshardz posted:

Inferno Shield the drones. mmmmmmmmmmmmmvp.

I dunno, I'm drowning in electric smoke just from churning through cores.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Scorch maxed.

Now back to Legion, because loving executing Nuke Titans without giving them a chance to nuke eject is just too drat good.

(Am I the only one that thinks that making Legion's capstone being "we couldn't figure out what to give you for a capstone so have everything" kind of lazy?)

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That's the problem though, isn't it? They waited a decade before releasing the sequel.

From a marketing perspective, that's a heavy lift, trying to stoke the burnt-out embers of people who gave up and moved on.

And as Diablo III has showed, waiting that long betwen sequels causes lessons learned during the previous game's development to be forgotten, effectively starting from scratch.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Dear Titanfall thread:

Today, I had three titans all simultaneously turn around and start running the gently caress away from me.

I may or may not have bellowed "HOW TASTES YOUR FEAR, NEPHALEM?!" and laughed maniacally as I killed them. Killed them all.

Papa Scorch bless.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 15, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
This was attrition, though. I guess they figured if someone is willing to paint their titan hot pink and have the "Here Kitty Kitty" nose art, they must actually have a screw loose.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I do have one question:

Does anyone think that because the Mozambique got moved to the primary slot, and then buffed, that the Mastiff is really redundant and needs a buff of some kind?

Seriously, that Mastiff reload is some kind of backbreaking.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Digirat posted:

Titanfall 3 bring back BT for your titan and make sarah the character or someone else who will be more interesting than jack

Titanfall 3: The Totally Awesome Adventures of Davis and Droz?

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Other unanswered questions I would like answered:

* Why does Sarah have to assure us that we're "working for the good guys"?
* What's Gates's deal?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 29, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Is it true? Is the game fixed?

Did EA loving wake up and smell the ashes from the Fires of Rubicon and go, "....hey. Don't *we* have a loving mecha shootemups game?" or something?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Blind Duke posted:

Apex map based on say, Angel City

Part of the traversal is destroyed wrecks of titans. None intact or pilotable.

Not intact but maybe pilotable would be interesting. Which would make them turrets with a certain killbox you gotta dance around.

edit:
* hatches blown off, so you've only got your own hp to work with.
* reloading is something either you need to do manually by dismounting, or have another player do it
* can sneak up on the busted-up titans to finish it off, deny them to the enemy or take out the gunner. Randomize which hulks still have their nuke cores intact. for some real fun.

Yeah. Apex would be more fun with titans. Why does that game still not have a pilot as a playable hero yet?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 16, 2023

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Felt real good about going 20-2 with eight titan kills.

Then I saw my tag at the end of the match, and I'm a G13 amongst G2s and G3s.

And then I felt sinking dread, for I have become THAT GUY.

I didn't even try to be that guy! All I did was play the game and try to grind out the last few kills I need to G2 my last weapon! (non-elite Wingman)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 17, 2023

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Never mind, universe righted itself, got repeatedly destroyed by a G83.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordja posted:

They should relaunch this game, sanely this time. Don't touch the campaign, pretty up the graphics slightly, add the guns from Apex and I bet people would buy it.

NO, YOU loving KEEP THAT ABOMINATION OF A MOZAMBIQUE AWAY FROM TITANFALL

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Okay, I can't keep using my usual loadouts. Help me build the ultimate loadout that won't make the noob that I've killed ten times rage because "eugh, shotgun lamer" or "eugh, rocket whore" or "eugh, sniper bitch"

I want this poo poo to last, damnit, so I'm already leaving the CAR at home, been running around with the R-101 but I think even that might be too much.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I have been playing long enough that all of these things are more of less equally lethal in my hands.

Except for the softball. My friends have still banned me from using anything explosive, because I'm a, quote, "war criminal that war crimes wars" with them. (It is only with strenuous objection that they let me continue to use Scorch, after the one day I got three gooses with the thermite launcher.)

I was honestly thinking even like... Flatline/P2020/Thunderbolt/E. Smoke. Can't nobody be mad about getting killed with that loadout, right?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 19, 2023

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The more things change, the more they stay the same, always getting scorch ult the second I hit doomed, and having to make that decision to either eject and live or ult and get finished.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah, when I first started playing multiplayer, I thought the game was weird for how quiet chat was. Or that I was weird for not being able to play more than three games in a row without an extended break.

Turns out when the gameplay is THAT good with respawn times that low, nobody wants to type slurs in chat.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 6, 2023

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I just want people to know that I am not deliberately picking smart pistol, I am using dice roll, damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The joke here is that it's not a flat percentage for everything, it changes the better or worse you do. Worse pilots tend to get smart pistol out of dice roll more. :ssh: