Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like what I played of Apex way back when and I'm glad for Respawn, but I really don't like its aesthetic (especially after cosmetic unlocks) and hope it doesn't carry into an eventual Titanfall 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What's the deal with TF2 multiplayer on PC these days?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Argas posted:

I think it's more the balance of the writing in TF2 is better. There's a particular mood to it that makes TF2 way more about the characters while also still being about a bigger overall story. CoD tends to lean all the way on standard rah rah military stuff. Zoomed out they're not that different but there's a particular flavor to TF2 that I prefer.
Yeah thew way I see it is the COD stuff is much more military sci-fi, often trying to be comparatively grounded and therefore less inventive, TF2 is full on space opera.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Herstory Begins Now posted:

please just make a dang movement shooter that isn't a fuckin br

*monkey's paw curls*

"Respawn is proud to announce our new Extraction Shooter"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, yeah, imagine a game with great singleplayer and multiplayer, who could want that?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guillermus posted:

"Inspired by Doom Eternal" Gross

Oh you mean one of the few modern shooters better than TF2, and, in fact, one of the greatest FPS games ever made? :smug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

sigher posted:

Battlefield 2042 was several years later, Battlefield 1 came out during the TF2 launch. Still, Battlefield is huge competition.

Man Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 are both some of my favourite multiplayer shooters and it's wild they came out the same time--even if one effectively doomed the other.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Speaking of set pieces, this is probably one of my all-time favorite moments in a game. Everything from the iconic “stand by for Titanfall!” to a massive frontal assault with tons of Titans- it’s just so good.

https://youtu.be/UxqW-etfO9Y
See, this is the exact amount of military in my sci-fi that I think fits the franchise; mecha D-Day is ludicrous but cool, there's just the right amount of tacticool sounding jargon. I'm all but certain that the cancelled Apex shooter would have been full of characters from the BR popping in to say their iconic lines and it just wouldn't have been the same.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I haven't played Apex since near launch (keep thinking I should get back into it tho), what's wrong with "the meta"?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not an FPS but as far as I know Warframe is still going strong. It's the anti-Destiny in that instead of deleting content they just keep adding more and more onto that Frankenstein of a game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh, Rainbow Six Siege is still big, though I don't know how much new content they're adding. HUNT Showdown is kind of an anomaly in that it rose from the near-dead to maintain a remarkably consistent playerbase, and that's BR adjacent I guess.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They should relaunch this game, sanely this time. Don't touch the campaign, pretty up the graphics slightly, add the guns from Apex and I bet people would buy it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean there's a lot of new or returning players so now would be the time to get back in, when there is a broader base than the diehards, if only for a while.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Their adding Blisk top Apex and he's gonna do the floss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hope it doesn't reference Apex much. Not because I'm against Apex itself, I just don't think its style meshes with the more "grounded" Titanfall designs.