Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

lostleaf posted:

I'm absolutely in love with this game. So much so that I bought it again on ps4 despite already owning it on the PC. I don't think I've been this obsessed about a first person shooter since team fortress or tribes.

I'm pretty terrible though. Is there an on screen indicator where the AI grunts are for farming? Or do I just need to memorize where the lanes are?

So the minimap will show the position and direction of gunfire. The small dots are on the minimap are grunts, spectres, or stalkers. Big dots are other pilots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

lostleaf posted:

Is it possible to adjust the size of the minimap? Or at least the scale?

Not that I'm aware of.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

If plasma railgun was hitscan northstar would be super broken.

Don't get me wrong, northstar needs something, but that would hugely swing the balance off from under powered to hugely over powered.

I wish everyone would realize just how good cloak and satchels are against titans :(

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

DMR is hitscan. It is also semi auto. It is also a one shot kill through an A-Wall.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Inspector Hound posted:

Holy poo poo, i just realized you can give your auto titan simple commands (basically follow/fight) by pressing down on the d-pad.

Its follow and guard mode. Guard mode will make the titan stay in the area he is in instead of try to get to you. Can be really useful in bounty hunt, set a titan to guard point A and as a pilot go farm Point B.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Have they acknowledged that scorch's kit upgrade that is supposed to leave thermite on the ground following his ult is bugged?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's not so much bugged as completely worthless. It leaves behind 3 firewalls that last for about....4 seconds? Something like that.

On PC it sure as heck doesn't, if it leaves behind anything its gone in less than a second.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Camping banks doesn't mean poo poo. No matter how much of my money you steal I'll still have 3/4 because half of a bounty is applied straight to your score and the other half is you bonus.

When you kill somone you're not getting half the points, you're getting 1/4. Camping in bounty hunt generally means your bad. Sure you gotta know how to fight at the banks, but that just means there will be interesting skirmishes there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Pierson posted:

Ion forever. Does the shoulder laser have a 'thickness' to it? Because when I fired I'd have sworn cross-hairs weren't directly over him.

As long as the target is somewhere within the circle reticule it will be a kill. Not so much a thickness as an auto-aim cone.