Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How has Tone been since the patch? I was getting pretty bored with her being The Best Titan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Turkey Farts posted:

Is there a way I can practice with my titan in a kind of "offline" mode? Whenever it's available to call down in PvP I'm like

THIS IS MY MOMENT!!1!

and then I get butt-fuddled before I can really do much once I'm inside

Make a private match and just run around on any attrition map until you get your titan. It's on the 2nd page of match types.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

No way, i get easily 2/3 of the kills i go for when i hover, no one expects it. It's also a great way to peek out and hit a titan from a weird place.

I hear that the recent buffs to hover make it a great option now, at least according to YouTube "pros".

Edit: I misunderstood the quoted post and thought they meant Northstar's hover kit option.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 6, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

To be clear: I was talking about Northstar's hover kit option, not the pilot hover (which I forgot even existed).

Also, re: new matchmaking: every game I get into ATM is a one way stomp.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How is the player population on console? EU PC has you queueing for quite a while if you want to do anything besides Attrition, which is alright because I only ever want to play attrition.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What passes for healthy these days? PC has about 7k players online at peak times.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there actually a Scorch buff on the way? I couldn't find anything about it online.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

As a life long Alternator abuser, I find this worrying. :ohdear:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What time do patches normally roll out for TF2?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Looks like the patch is out now.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Haven't been able to get into a single game (on pc) since the patch. Did they break it?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I've noticed that, occasionally, Monarch's health bar won't increase in size horizontally when you upgrade to superior chassis. I hope this is just a UI bug and not the ability itself failing to apply on your third upgrade.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

One negative consequence of Frontier Defence is crappy queue times for normal multiplayer and worse quality matches when you eventually do get in. I've seen minutes long waits for attrition, and 4v4 matches.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

At what point should you start queueing into Hard in FD? I've unlocked the first 3 upgrades for Legion. Bear in mind, I will be pugging this.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

It's especially awful when you're playing big butt Legion and have to constantly haul your enormous rear end around the level to kill the mortar titans that none of your Ronin teammates have noticed/give a gently caress about.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

How do you configure Northstar for FD? Bullet penetration and overcore is what I've been using.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Yeah, make sure you're staying on top of the Reaper population. A few games ago I was holding down the dropship on War Games as Northstar. Every so often a decent chunk of my HP would just vanish without explanation. Eventually, I realised it was being caused by a small army of ticks that were being birthed by 3 Reapers that my team mates were ignoring on the rooftops of some buildings on the other side of the map. One or two ticks don't mean too much to the likes of Legion and Scorch, but boy does it hurt Ronin and Northstar!

Gunder fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 2, 2017

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I think Titanfall 2 is a much better game than TF1, but I do miss the presentational stuff that people mentioned earlier, from TF1 Attrition.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Questions about the Drill Shot Aegis upgrade for Legion: The description claims that it increases damage when it "penetrates" a target. Does this simply mean "hit", or does it have to go through one target and hit another for it to count towards the damage upgrade? Also, does the damage bonus get reset if your titan dies?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

If you like the faced paced, movement focused shooting of Titanfall, you might enjoy LawBreakers, the new game from Cliffy B. It feels a lot like old-school Unreal Tournament mixed with Overwatch style character abilities. It's really good. I didn't expect much from it but was very pleasantly surprised by it during the beta. It's pretty cheap too. Only $30/£25.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

The comparison is that it's fast. Really fast. No wallrunning or giant robots though. Lots of zero-g bullet ballet though!

Gunder
May 22, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Ion get the gently caress over here you lazy rear end in a top hat

http://i.imgur.com/Np7pCky.gifv

There should be a "STOP MOONWALKING AND SPRINT TO ME" button.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Stan Taylor posted:

Ha, came to this thread to see if anyone in here was playing and how it stacks up. Are there fun quirks to figure out in the movement system like slidehopping and airturning and the like? Is there a grapple? how's the grapple?

There is a lot of movement skill stuff you can do involving the zero-g areas of the maps. They seem to be heavily character specific though as each has their own unique mobility skill. The Assassin has a really killer grapple, it's a ton of fun, better than Titanfall's grapple imo.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

This is kind of exciting, as Titanfall 2 was my favourite multiplayer FPS of all time, but the rumoured lack of titans really does harsh my buzz a little.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

You joke but EA's going to do this eventually, lol

I hate to think what they’ll do to BioWare when Anthem splats rather than lands.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

https://www.twitch.tv/playapex Just now.

Edit: Okay, this might just be a forest scene with nothing happening until 12pm PST.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 4, 2019

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Something just happened! A man, standing on a cliff, threw a bird at something. Like someone doing falconry. Now it's counting down time, and now it's changed to a different scene entirely.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I kinda assumed that we'd get to play this pretty much immediately, but maybe they want to wait until after Anthem fails.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

bear is driving! posted:

Yeah because every game you don't like personally is going to fail :rolleyes: . Just like everyone calling this game a failure before they even knew if it was real or just a rumor.

I'm hoping it's playable today.

I think Anthem will fail. I also don't like playing it. The two are distinct positions. I liked LawBreakers a lot but also thought it would fail. It did.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I was pretty lukewarm to decently interested in Lawbreakers but it had the most aggressively stupid advertising campaign and onboarding experience of any recent game release. "ARE YOU HARDCORE ENOUGH FOR THIS?!??!" screams the marketing, and then throw players into the deep end against vets who've been around since the alpha and are utterly whipping their rear end. So of course the answer for the vast majority of people is "no thank you"

I think it also had a pretty tough time because it was a very fast game (for most characters) with an emphasis on movement techniques and abilities. Those sorts of games don't tend to do so well in todays world of slow shooters like PUBG and Call of Duty.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Wheeee posted:

It's that by all reports this has replaced Titanfall 3 at Respawn

This isn't what I've read. What I read is that TF3 has been delayed for graphics reasons. They want to do an engine upgrade/swap. It certainly hasn't been cancelled or replaced.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Xbone launch was a massive wet fart though. lol

They literally said "This is what we've been making in lieu of TF3."

Source? I haven't read that.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

drat. Well I guess that's that then. Maybe they'll make a TF3 one day.

Edit: The article makes it sound like they could mean that Titanfall 3 might be made one day, just not this week.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

Groups only.

I imagine this will change. I know the characters are all designed to be part of a team, but solo play is a big part of these games.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Btw Titanfall 2 on PC is still very playable. The player population is small these days, but it’s still perfectly capable of matchmaking you properly. I thought it would be nothing but high skill assassins now, but it’s still very pleasant.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 5, 2019

Gunder
May 22, 2003

It was interesting to note that, according to Giant Bomb, Respawn started with titans and the other core Titanfall aspects being present in their game, and then removed them later because they were too tricky to balance. I can easily see this being the case.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Agreed. I don’t really find this game difficult to parse. I do play games like this a lot though.

Also agreed about Battlefield, especially the most recent one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I like Apex Legends, but I would really like TF3 too. At this point I really don't care/want a single player campaign all that much. Yes, the TF2 one was great, but it's not the main draw for me. I'd be happy with a TF3 that's multiplayer only.