Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

So this is going to be DOA on PC right ? No test to build hype if its good and battlefield 1 is going to dominate on release... Such a cool concept that is going to waste on PC :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Everything looks awesome but I'm just so negative about the games chances on PC - Battlefield is such a loving behemoth to face up against. I wish this had come out like 3 months earlier than it is... I think Ill still buy it because worst case the single player interests me. Since COD has ground itself to a halt, all this exciting movement and weaponry seems like what the future CODs have been trying and failing to do.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Yeah the concept is cool, tasteless goon.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think you understood my post there. You guys are over thinking this.
Not to get into a pissing match because no animosity here but I think you are over thinking it. The only reason for any of the things that happen in the game are because they are cool.

Like why don't you start in the robot ? Because its way loving cooler to call in a robotic meteor.

the answer to any "why" question is because its way more metal and cool to do it the action movie way.

I guess you are right, because sometimes the dumb way is just cooler.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Quite impressed thats on a gamepad.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

That and they might not be interested in sending themselves insane searching every nook and cranny for collectibles. I feel like I'm letting this compulsion go the older I get, thank gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-ALPfs0Dg

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Finishing single player before I get into the meat of the game. It has been kick rear end so far. Reasonably early on (within the first couple hours) there is a really cool I guess you would call it level (its loving massive and goes on for like an hour it seems) which is very evocative of portal 2. They are doing some more interesting stuff in the campaign than I imagined. Certainly no COD single player is nearly this cool...

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Man this single player is going WAY above my expectations. I don't want to ruin the mechanic because I don't think they mentioned it ever being in the game but if you remember the loving badass nightcrawler white house scene from the start of x-men 2... this is similar and so much fun.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Also on the PC front: I have been playing the campaign for 5-6 hrs now and it runs flawlessly so far. On an i5 2500K and 1070 - everything maxed and 4X MSAA it looks pretty good and runs smooth. Alt-tabs without issue and hasn't crashed once. Will have to play multi to say if its relatively bug free but its looking good so far.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I would have said that overwatch was as close as you could get... it nearly has a titan in it :D

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I'm really starting to dislike the server system. Breaking up the game and sending you out to find a new match means that I have played the same 3 maps over and over instead of enjoying a proper rotation... also gently caress that office facility thing from the campaign map.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Bounty hunt plays out the most well designed in some ways. Its very gamey... Like titanfall pushed further towards a sort of moba gameplay cycle. Everything is abstracted into a mechanic.

But the big downside of that, I think, is that it doesn't have the war-like atmosphere that titanfall 1 used to give you. When the whole map had AI soldiers pouring through it kind of freeform and it felt like you were this badass that could rise above it all and achieve some goals within that space.

Streamlining everything down is good in many ways but you also lose something in the process.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 5, 2016

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Jibs Monteef posted:

is there anyone else playing this in australia still or is a week and a half after it came out already too loving late?

the game is awesome, I just wish it didn't take 15 mins to match me with a bunch of singaporeans at 200ms at peak time
I play on PC and I'm not sure wtf is going on with your game. On the east coast I get games in just a couple mins all day, even at 5-6am it only takes about 5mins. No issues with ping either, always around 30-40ms.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 8, 2016

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

PantsBandit posted:

Is it just me or is the matchmaking horrendous in this game? I'm literally to the point where I don't want to play any more tonight because every time I get in a game there's one or two guys with 7x the score of everyone else.
lower player pool = worse matchmaking

in Australia, although there are enough players to get games at all hours of the day, you often get some wild games with a really good player or two terrorizing the rest

Qmass fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 12, 2016

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Fuligin posted:

That's great. Can't really blame the guy.
It must boggle the mind to produce a really great game, sign up with basically the biggest name in gaming and have it barely make a blip. I really can't imagine what that feels like...

Unbelievable loving stupidity on so many levels to release right after battlefield 1, I don't know why they didn't delay.

Qmass fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 17, 2016

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I do not understand how anyone with a gaming system could be resistant to playing this game

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I don't care if cyberpunk gets fixed.

I don't care about a third half-life.

I want titanfall 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

monarch is great in frontier defence too - basically invincible... can sit inside a group of enemy titans and tank/destroy them with all the shield you can restore + iframe tank with energy thief.