Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

koren
Sep 7, 2003

zolthorg posted:

I had the peak attrition game last night on the gigantic open fields map where a single tone was able to spot and kill me with its hitscan gun like seven times in a row from all the different wide open spaces i spawned in.
Tone does not have a hitscan gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koren
Sep 7, 2003

il serpente cosmico posted:

How big was the volt nerf? Because I'm still using it and it seems just as effective.

Utterly inconsequential. If there wasn't a patch note i'd assume nothing had changed.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Discovered an interesting bug while testing things with a friend. The duration of Ion's vortex shield appears to be framerate dependent - The lower your fps, the longer it lasts. Here's a video showing it off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-LycfkOzU

We also tested Scorch's flame shield and the cooldown for abilities and tacticals but there's no discrepancy with those. This bug only seems to apply to the vortex shield.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

soggybagel posted:

What's the optimal ION setup?
Entangled energy and extra dash by far.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Here's a tip: when fighting Legion as Ion, aim all reflected shots between their feet rather than straight at them because splash damage is far more damaging than a direct hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6qmygy9wJQ

Also, vortex amplifier only affects legion & pilot hitscan bullets. It doesn't do anything with other titan attacks or pilot weapons like the kraber.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Yes, tested them all in LTS mode where feasible. Don't know about cores like salvo or northstar's cluster missile. Here's a spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1At8FBFcTGFiFPFDDpn6XwVVv5JS09q_pLCEqzLE_Vsw/pubhtml

koren
Sep 7, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

People will say never ads all the time, but it's hyperbole. There are plenty of reasons to ads but don't do it if you don't need to.

If you are using the volt then you should never, ever ads under any circumstance. Sometimes I find myself using ADS reflexively for very far away targets and it is never worth the effort. It just reduces my field of vision and ends up loving with my aim because of the way zoom sensitivity works, when you can just track with near pixel-perfect accuracy from hipfire.

koren fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 29, 2016

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ejecting with a full Core should pay into a fresh Titan, I reckon. Either fully or something like 50%.
Why should you be rewarded for playing badly? The reward for getting a full core is your core ability. Not using it is a risk/reward thing.

Kelp Me! posted:

It kind of bites that Nuclear Ejection is literally the only way to "pre-charge" your next Titan
Which is why nuclear eject damage shouldn't count towards your next titan.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Holy moly the melee in this game man. I don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2MDpy9goMI

Feel free to laugh at me for not noticing that guy was there and following up with some incredibly bad aim. I was pretty caught off guard. This guy seemed to be lagging or something though. Ran into the same drat situation again later in the match buy accidentally deleted it.
You're missing by a wide margin? Point yourself at the thing you want to punch, he's way off to the side.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Er, it doesn't though. Punch #4 is the only one where it maybe should have awarded you with the melee lunge.

I saw this image earlier today, it does quite a good job at illustrating what went wrong:

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Please don't hotlink 50mb gif files.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

No mention of fixes for either the broken as hell reflected splash damage or charge rifle quick-switch glitch? Also very strange how they're tweaking the volt but not the devotion given how most complaints centre on the latter. Weird.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

It has been live for more than an hour on pc.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

Wait, they still haven't patched that awful loving bug yet? Wow. They must have one hell of a white board at Respawn if the most egregious and abused bug is still kickin around.
From what i've seen they can push a hot-fix by simply changing a variable server-side too...

Oh and sort of related, splash damage from the EPG does far more damage to titans than direct hits too...

koren
Sep 7, 2003

John DiFool posted:

Is there any doubt that Ion is the best overall titan at the moment?

You can ace pilots two at a time, and its easy to go toe to toe with pretty much any titan. I can consistently out-snipe Northstars, and Legion I just alternate between poking with the laser and catching all their fire. The rest don't seem that dangerous.

Despite the endless complaints about tone, ion has pretty much always been the strongest titan in the game. Now they've fixed the splash damage bug with vortex shield, she's a little bit more sensible but still extremely powerful - especially with entangled energy & overcore.

koren
Sep 7, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Like, are people expecting Giant Robot Game to be the next hot thing in America in 2016-17, after more than a decade of 'boots-on-the-ground' Muslim shooting-galleries? I think the concept of Titanfall has about as much marketshare as it was ever destined to get.

Sci-fi and war: two things that will never sell in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koren
Sep 7, 2003

Blind Duke posted:

The R-97 is absolutely silly on PC. Worse than release Volt at how quickly it kills at far ranges. I feel adding some significant spread would put it in a good place. Have your R-97 for close range shooting a laser of bullets fun. CAR for bread and butter utility at medium ranges. Volt is supposed to be the slightly weaker but long range SMG.

Instead you have the R-97 able to kill Volt users at long ranges easily
The R97 is nowhere near as powerful as the volt was before it got nerfed. It's far too inaccurate at the long/extremely long ranges the volt excelled at if you could track targets. It's decent to spam wildly at close range but i'd rather be tapping the alternator in most actual combat situations - in most maps medium-to-long range if you have decent spatial awareness and position yourself properly.