Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

ninjahedgehog posted:

:siren: Keffiyehbot is not the only playable robot, there is a second playable robot :siren:

Giant Bomb has 80 minutes or so of gameplay here, the second robot shows up at around 45:00 or so. It's bright red and a bit more slender/feminine-looking. There's also a dude with a belt cape and a badass Techmarine servo-arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0hJrOQgF2A

Ability and appearance are tied together? Why? It's not like the guy with the robo arm looks like he is stealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why would anyone dislike the AI? They didn't act like players and made nice window dressing.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 20, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You guys are scaring me because games never make changes from beta except tweaking some numbers for balance :(

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why the hell were Amped weapons in the first game and why are they back? It was nice having an Amped anti titan weapon but I can't see how they ever fit into a balanced game.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Good, RIP the smart pistol :unsmigghh:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Well thank gently caress for that. Now I just hope the concerns about TTK and Titan survivability/number of times they pop up in a match are wrong. And that the maps don't have bad traversal.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
16GB of RAM and a 6GB video card for recommended specs? This makes me think they are still having issues with the source engine.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Do we know exactly when it unlocks? Midnight release? I searched but kept finding times for beta.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So far the grenadier weapons have felt like a great way to have a negative K/D. I'm also very unimpressed with legion except for his core vs several pilots.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Crash Site gave us awful spawn points, backed into a corner and surrounded by Titans who could snipe you.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Happy Hour was giving 2-5 extra marks a match and makes you level up so much faster.

The Devotion LMG is so much better than the Spitfire. Spitfire can fire for much longer but can't hit poo poo.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Yeah I think the effectiveness of the R-201 and CAR overshadow a lot of the other weapons.

Likewise most used Titans will be Ronin and Tone. Leadwall is good all round, sword core is quite scary if you can get close. 40mm tracker is good all round, lock on missiles but out the DPS.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 29, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
No it felt like garbage. The softball on the other hand is quite good on Complex.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

s.i.r.e. posted:

One of the maps doesn't even have drop-ship intros I think, it takes place in a canyon. Also, one of the maps is probably the worst loving design, not because of aesthetics (I actually like them) but because it's 90% indoors so when you call your Titan there's 3 different spots where it'll actually drop and you have to run most of the map just to get to it. It's awful.

Crash Site is by far the worst map. Huge open canyons with nowhere to really go so hide at the sides or get smashed by Titans who have even less places to go.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
But it's a chance to have fun with the Double Take and Longbow until Titans get dropped in.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mr.Citrus posted:

It's also got super stupid spawns. One spawn can oversee the other at the start of the map, it's fish in a barrel every time.

As far as I can tell that sniper class shield also makes you totally invincible to incoming fire as good luck hitting that tiny base on the crest of a hill :pwn:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The G2A5 was a waste of 100 credits. A 3 hit kill semi auto, just use the Hemlock. Maybe it's better with controller aim assist but I found the Hemlock much more reliable.

Tried SMR again with a pistol for two rounds and it was horrible. Great titan damage but you are standing there firing off three seconds of rockets to make you a nice easy target for all the Tones. It's still absolute garbage against a pilot unless they are asleep. Titan damage doesn't translate into score and I didn't find the slight increase in speed you can kill grunts/spectres worth it. It would have made more sense back in the Anti Titan tree.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Knifegrab posted:

Just a couple corrections:

Titans themselves actually have no concept of battery ownership. Whether you rodeo a titan and steal its battery or drop a grenade into its battery hole is actually completely dependent on if YOU have a battery. If you are already carrying a battery every titan you rodeo onto will be battery-less and you will drop a grenade into. Vice versa, if you rodeo a titan, steal its battery, and then give the battery to a friendly and then re-rodeo that same enemy titan, you will steal yet ANOTHER battery from him.

Because of this, stealing a battery and dropping a grenade into the titan actually do the exact same amount of damage.

Coincidentally you can also feed a friendly titan as many batteries as you want.

Stealing a battery also looks like an instant kill against any doomed Titan?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

ninjahedgehog posted:

The anti-infantry turret absolutely mows down Grunts and sometimes gets a cheeky kill on a Pilot or two. It's fun to stick it in a major traffic lane and watch it go to work.

The anti titan turret on the other hand is a complete piece of crap. It does do damage, it just has the life expectancy of a gnat.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I made it to generation two without unlocking any of the 20-50 pilot camo :confused:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mr.Citrus posted:

I dumb, misinterpreted the post. Apparently when you respawn you can rewind you where you were before death.

That sounds really annoying to be on the receiving end of.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Can we mention how good the gun sounds are? COD keeps dubbing it's trailers to sound good and here anything that packs a punch is like :tviv:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Aquasnake posted:

Am I crazy or did they get rid of the ability to hack spectres in multiplayer? I feel like I tried several times last night and it just said hold F to execute and then someone would shoot me while I was standing there trying to press E.

I hacked robots in multiplayer before. Had trouble doing it recently, might be a real picky spot.

Also having a lot of trouble getting executions to work instead of just punching people in the back of the head. It's just hold melee right? Do you have to be in real close when you start?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The miniscule sights on the revolver throw me off. It wasn't bad at hipfire. I tried to use the plain semi-auto pistol but it's the most bland weapon in the world.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

The railgun and kraber sound especially meaty this time around. Unfortunately I feel like a lot of the sounds lacks the directionality it has in the first game. I used to be able to tell exactly where someone was from the footsteps/jump jets but in 2 it sounds like it's coming from all around me. This is using good headphones too.

Near miss audio is very lacking too. I'll get a death cam and the guy was leaping around 10 feet behind me with an alternator as I didn't even know anyone was shooting at me. Maybe I can't hear them over the F1 car engine fighter planes dogfighting six feet above my head.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Orv posted:

Office is great if only because anyone who ejects from a nuke titan eats their own nuke reliably.

I don't know what unavoidable damage means after getting phase dash :unsmigghh:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
What if map hack was just the equivalent of a pulse blade but attached to the player that triggered it? Still powerful but not an actual map hack.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

BabelFish posted:

I sort of wish I could justify using a titan who isn't tone, but good lord the 40mm is SO good at just erasing all pilots within sight from existence, and the rocket salvo can literally one-shot any medium or lighter titan.

I found out Tone's core easily beats a Legion core too :( Maybe if I had shield up it would have helped.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Netcode is only a 20Hz rate server->client. Delay is actually worse than Black Ops 3 which had garbage netcode. At 0 ping delay on gunfire is 88ms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfqxpNrXFw&t=227s

Carecat fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 3, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
With Titans so dangerous to Pilots if a team dominates the others Titan's and has 5+ up uncontested it can result in new Titans getting smoked. At least that's what I think is the cause of very one sided rounds.

Having a hard time with terminations. Often they just eject so your punch whiffs which really sucks when it's a nuclear ejection but it's felt like it's just not triggering.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
A Kraber shot through my A-Wall :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mr.Citrus posted:

It feels like tones enhanced aiming on the tracker rounds has been toned down a LOT. Shes not longer a pilot annihilator.

It also feels like legions spinup time is worse than before, making him easier to hit and run.

Why did Tone even need tracker rounds? They are projectiles but it's hardly a Kraber or even Plasma Railgun. It's accurate, the projectile speed is high, the drop is non existent, they do AOE damage and the hitbox is the size of a bus. You can hipfire jump jetting Pilots without even the tracking assist.