Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I thought double xp didn't affect individual item levels, just doubles the merits you receive for pilot level at the end of a match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I should play on US servers more often. :allears:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

kater posted:

The game doesn't even try to explain whatever the Angel City mode is. Or actually anything at all.

Angel City is a map not a mode. The Angel city playlist plays that map constantly but switches between different modes, like Attrition, Bounty Hunt and Hardpoint.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Wazzit posted:

Was flipping through my twitter feed and was surprised to find this

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/813823306067484674

Haha awesome.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

soggybagel posted:

One thing I'm unclear about is after a match has gone final, I know if you kill someone it isn't reflected in your score, but does it count for all other purposes? Like total kill counts and XP after the match? I just don't pay enough attention and then its over and I'm not sure.

No-one answered this but yes, they do count for challenges and stuff. I've had kills in the epilogue finish up camo challenges and the like.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Ularg posted:

For people to say that it's hard to spawn camp, there was this one building on the outskirt of Dry Dock that is a building and a bunch of containers that the enemy team kept getting spawned into while I was sitting outside with my legion just Hidden Compartment shotgun blasting them away over and over again. And anyone who tried to escape the other way got mowed down by my team. The second a pubbie pushed into the house they started spawning elsewhere.

There are ways to spawn camp, and the system seems to designate a spawn area like it does in Skirmish, where the general area will always spawn members in until it gets pushed into by enemies. Instead of taking where players died into account it only cares about enemy location.

Drydock and Crash Site are the two main maps with bad spawncampable areas in TF2.

The other maps aren't too bad in terms of trapping a team into a space, that I can think of. Drydock is REALLY bad for it though, if the trapping team figures out whats going on and actively holds the other guys in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Is there a trick to doing this much damage? I can never get more than a pip or two of health off with my vortex shield redirects. Are you aiming at the ground to give splash damage?