Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Humphrey Vasel posted:

yuo haev to tyep liek tihs

quote:

PROBATION | 05/16/16 02:32pm | Stux | Every time you make a post full of spelling errors you get 6 hours. Stop this bad gimmick. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. | VideoGames

He has to be a bit more careful than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ive seen the light on scorpio. Its gonna be great. Gonna buy a pc and a scorpio and play my games in two rooms. Maybe even stream my games from my scorpio to my pc instead of launching the pc version. Maybe do both at the same time, but only when im not using my xboculus elite visor. The future is bright thanks phil

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, everyone has some sort of 1080p device. They are super cheap. Unless your friends are weird hipsters who like to slum it on low res TVs.

Fair enough. I think a lot of people i know actually have 1080p, but they don't know it. Its become much more ubiquitous, but the average gamer can't tell the different between 1080i and 1080p.The difference is there, but its fairly small.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sorry but this thread is consistent in its view that anything not 1080p native is unwatchable garbage poo poo for idiots and that anything above is worthless crap for morons.

gently caress 1080i. Its like watching tumors form.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

shadow puppet of a posted:

Nothing built below the surface of a glass desk or spread out across a sheet of plywood with dishwasher's worth of fluid piping?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Ugh, AT cases. So... practical. I was thinking more of this hot trend in the world of all that is cool:

Watercooling PCs is the embodiment of a beautiful dream of every 90's dorm room nerd stoner with liquor bottles full of highlighters and a blacklight.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stoners play on console

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Sorry but this thread is consistent in its view that anything not 1080p native is unwatchable garbage poo poo for idiots and that anything above is worthless crap for morons.

Interlacing is worse than just lowering the resolution, IMO. 720p > 1080i.

Edit: I have a 24 inch 1080p screen I got for under $200. 1080p is not an expensive proposition anymore.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 18, 2016

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
I'm the garbage Crucial SSD's and Corsair power supplies in those overpriced fevered plumbing amalgamation open loop setups.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

stoners play on console

come to america and lets get high and play splitscreen cod

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I don't believe Scorpio will be water cooled.
If it does, then it will be the second water cooled console, after the first one that was able to run a form of Windows.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

limaCAT posted:

I don't believe Scorpio will be water cooled.
If it does, then it will be the second water cooled console, after the first one that was able to run a form of Windows.

Scorpio will be vapor cooled like the RoG laptops. Only difference is that the vapor for scorpio will be software support

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Scorpio will be vapor cooled like the RoG laptops. Only difference is that the vapor for scorpio will be software support

Don't underestimate the selling power of Peggle 2 in 4K.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

come to america and lets get high and play splitscreen cod

i will never do this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

i will never do this

Shame m8

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

We sell chicken sandwiches with fried chicken substituting bread, skipping America isn't much of a loss.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
microsoft can't manage 1080p gaming what makes you think they will jump past that and do 4x that resolution right

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Liquid Penguins posted:

microsoft can't manage 1080p gaming what makes you think they will jump past that and do 4x that resolution right

Belief in Phil.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Liquid Penguins posted:

They understand big flops

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
microsoft is hooli right now

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

BlackMK4 posted:

microsoft is hooli right now

That's all i could think of during their E3 conference.

Just completely tone deaf, harkening back to 8 or 9 years ago and not understanding why they are getting their rear end handed to them.

"But but Halo and Gears were cool in the mid-2000's, you still love them, right? Remember Rare? Hey, here's a new thing with more flops! Why aren't you idiots buying our console? Why aren't we winning?"

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
I still have no idea what a teraflop is. Would a console with 6 teraflops be more powerful then a 64 bit console?

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

John Yossarian posted:

I still have no idea what a teraflop is. Would a console with 6 teraflops be more powerful then a 64 bit console?

It's equivalent to roughly three Atari Jaguars give or take a Super Nintendo. More bits than you'll know what to do with.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

John Yossarian posted:

"Floating Point Operations per Second." Someone more tech-savvy than me should answer this, but it seems to basically be how many discrete calculations a computer makes in a second. In the case of Scorpio, that would apparently be 6 trillion.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

John Yossarian posted:

flops are like how many graphics-type calculations can a machine do per second.

reintroducing a single number by which to judge console power is a classic losers move right out of the nineties

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
Basically theoretical operations dickwaving which is only applicable in benchmarks cooked to make hardware appear as useful as the specifications imply. Actual game performance is contingent upon a plethora of factors beyond TFLOPS/fill-rate/caloric content/moxie/gumption.

Real hurthling! posted:

reintroducing a single number by which to judge console power is a classic losers move right out of the nineties

Do the math you Sony loving baby.

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation

John Yossarian posted:

Basically Microsoft called their 4th console flop, 6 teraflops

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

This generation's 3rd grade console war fight must be interesting.

"My PS4 has 1.8 teraflops, your XBone only has 1.3. And I heard from my uncle at Sony that the Neo is coming this year and it has 4.3 teraflops!"
"Oh yeah? The XBox Scorpio is going to be way more powerful than that! Six teraflops next year!"
"M...my WiiU has Mario and it's really fun and I can play games while my dad watches TV and..."
"Shut up, Nintendo's for kids. 0.3 teraflops, are you kidding me?"

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Patter Song posted:

This generation's 3rd grade console war fight must be interesting.

"My PS4 has 1.8 teraflops, your XBone only has 1.3. And I heard from my uncle at Sony that the Neo is coming this year and it has 4.3 teraflops!"
"Oh yeah? The XBox Scorpio is going to be way more powerful than that! Six teraflops next year!"
"M...my WiiU has Mario and it's really fun and I can play games while my dad watches TV and..."
"Shut up, Nintendo's for kids. 0.3 teraflops, are you kidding me?"

How the gently caress can I be expected to Call My Duty with only a quarter flop?!?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've gotta say, it's really a shame that Rare Replay came out before Microsoft hit on their idea of shoving all of their games onto PC. That's now the one game the XBone has or will have to itself that I want. (Sunset Overdrive looks decent as well, I guess)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

panda clue posted:

the comedians at microsoft leave a hard act to follow

:golfclap: Very good.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah but with no 4k content nobody cares.

Instead people are just enjoying 1080p screens that are cheaper. Its gonna be hard to get them to go back to thinking of TVs as expensive luxury goods.

Especially since you get diminishing returns with visual fidelity increasing resolution on and on. Like somebody said earlier, 1080p is good enough for most people. Which is why there's no content. Chicken and egg problem there.

You know the last time I posted something like that some rear end in a top hat bought me a red title. Alla youse fuckers needs to count the pixels and FPS and tell me, to my face, that PC blah blah blah

HyperPuma posted:

i guarantee you, theres no problem

wrong, sorry :v:

Stux posted:

fo4 runs like poo poo on everything becausue its a game made by notable trash dev bethesda

Are you a Monty Python? Because I read all you posts like you are John Cleese, noted Monty Python. "Hmm, yes. Noted trash. You are the weakest link, goodbye. Fish slap."

There it is! Missed you buddy. Never stop never stopping.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Patter Song posted:

I've gotta say, it's really a shame that Rare Replay came out before Microsoft hit on their idea of shoving all of their games onto PC. That's now the one game the XBone has or will have to itself that I want. (Sunset Overdrive looks decent as well, I guess)

real shame that theres no way tot play all of those old rare games on pc already.... wish someone would invent some way to play a bunch of old snes and n64 games on pc...

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know the last time I posted something like that some rear end in a top hat bought me a red title. Alla youse fuckers needs to count the pixels and FPS and tell me, to my face, that PC blah blah blah

PC has made your precious toy obsolete.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Stux posted:

real shame that theres no way tot play all of those old rare games on pc already.... wish someone would invent some way to play a bunch of old snes and n64 games on pc...

Unless you know your way around some fairly complicated settings, n64 emulation is still a tough nut to crack.

I got Rare Replay mainly because I wanted to enjoy Blast Corps, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, and Perfect Dark again. Perfect Dark's remaster in particular is SENSATIONAL. Also its on the 360, totally worth the money.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cheevos

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Can't

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Be

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Emulated

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Unless you know your way around some fairly complicated settings, n64 emulation is still a tough nut to crack.

I got Rare Replay mainly because I wanted to enjoy Blast Corps, Banjo Kazooie, Conker, and Perfect Dark again. Perfect Dark's remaster in particular is SENSATIONAL. Also its on the 360, totally worth the money.

n64 stuff works really well on openemu :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

:iceburn:

• Locked thread