Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

can't believe the aries

why would I libra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

impulse 7 effect posted:

I installed windows 7 and it seems ok because everything works but you never know.

Where are the spoilers for Sony?

sony didn't leave their e3 speech on the floor of a denny's bathroom or whatever ms has done

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

can't believe the aries

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Real hurthling! posted:

can't believe the aries

Thread title quality

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bass Bottles posted:

Thread title quality

Agreed, and the drat "other" xbox thread gleaned our "highest quality pixels" line for their title.

Cowcaster, make it so. Please.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what was the language used on xb1 compatibility with scorpio games? i missed the show. it is as stringent as the Neo leak wording and house's statements have been?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

what was the language used on xb1 compatibility with scorpio games? i missed the show. it is as stringent as the Neo leak wording and house's statements have been?

They haven't gone into the same level of detail but their vision is you buy a game digitally and play it on whatever you want.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

They haven't gone into the same level of detail but their vision is you buy a game digitally and play it on whatever you want.

but their games already have a white list for what they run on on the win10 store. will games post 2018 have scorpio on that list and not one the way current 3d card requiring games don't show surface?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The real genius of that trailer is that for the next two years, every cross-plat game that arrives in classic Xbone condition can now be defended by saying "Oh well they must be targeting Scorpio specs, I'm sure it'll kick the PS4 versions rear end when you play it on that"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Holy smokes

Beta tested in the future

it's real

all of it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is not hard to have different resolutions for games depending on what system they run. Consoles are little PCs anyways. You can set a game to run on 720p, 900p, 1080p or 4k just as they launch on the One or Scorpio. Even Xbox360 games rendered on different resolutions due to the limitations of the hardware.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah I don't think anyone familiar with the Xbox one is going to scoff at the idea of games operating at lower resolutions than other versions.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Is not hard to have different resolutions for games depending on what system they run. Consoles are little PCs anyways. You can set a game to run on 720p, 900p, 1080p or 4k just as they launch on the One or Scorpio. Even Xbox360 games rendered on different resolutions due to the limitations of the hardware.

This is a good plan. Also, the only plan

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Real hurthling! posted:

can't believe the aries

:crafty:

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
Nobody has addressed the 480p elephant in the room. Will I be able to watch The Price is Right with crushed blacks and crackling de-synchronized audio on the Xbox Scorpion or whatever?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

shadow puppet of a posted:

For those with a mind to history, this is the original Microsoft business strategy of making a very early announcement of something in order to sow confusion and uncertainty in the market. This is how they attacked DR-DOS, GEM and anything that even smelled like a window manager back in the day. Good on you Satya.

If I recall correctly, they did this with Windows 1.0 to screw over Apple. After all of the distributors canceled their Apple orders, Microsoft went ahead and delayed Windows 1.0 for another year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Nobody has addressed the 480p elephant in the room. Will I be able to watch The Price is Right with crushed blacks and crackling de-synchronized audio on the Xbox Scorpion or whatever?

only if you tether it to the xbox one

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
BUT DOES IT HAVE THE RIGHT KIND OF RAM

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Coolguye posted:

can they keep the compatibility close and easy without needing esram in the new model or are they stuck with that now

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Coolguye posted:

Probably not, but bro have you seen the quality of the pixels? Have you seen all the flops it has?

Real hurthling! posted:

can they keep the compatibility close and easy without needing esram in the new model or are they stuck with that now

If they can't emulate that turd in software or shrink the whole mess into a couple chips mostly separate from the rich creamy Scorpio innards they're taking the worst possible path, so it's a safe assumption they'll just double up the ESRAM and go with a higher CPU clock.

Mr SoupTeeth fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 14, 2016

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please Microsoft is going to go insane and make the innards 4 Bones strapped together and the way it's back compatible is by making bone titles not know there are three more clones setups to use.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

For those with a mind to history, this is the original Microsoft business strategy of making a very early announcement of something in order to sow confusion and uncertainty in the market. This is how they attacked DR-DOS, GEM and anything that even smelled like a window manager back in the day. Good on you Satya.

RVWinkle posted:

If I recall correctly, they did this with Windows 1.0 to screw over Apple. After all of the distributors canceled their Apple orders, Microsoft went ahead and delayed Windows 1.0 for another year.

quote:

-So it sounds like there won't be any games that would ship that would be Scorpio only right?

-I don't know about that. We'll see. It's up to the game development community.

lol they are just making this up as they go

well apple does yearly revisions of hardware, so we can do the same and make money - MS

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36PQxXydg8

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Any news on how hot Scorchio is going to run?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

SelenicMartian posted:

Eff eff effff efff heff eff eff efff fifty nine degrees.

Chris Waddle!

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SelenicMartian posted:

I am hoping hot enough to cook it like a 360.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The real genius of that trailer is that for the next two years, every cross-plat game that arrives in classic Xbone condition can now be defended by saying "Oh well they must be targeting Scorpio specs, I'm sure it'll kick the PS4 versions rear end when you play it on that"

I m sure Scorpio will be part 100% xbox one and part a tiny in-the-box azure cloud server providing the rendering that was promised via the cloud directly in the box, with no need of an extra ISP subscription, and absolutely no online downtime.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 14, 2016

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
It'll support actual VR headsets :unsmith:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
6 tera:flaccid:s

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hopefully by the time this comes out, they will have blurred the line between Xbox and PC and I can just buy the games on my computer.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
that time has already come

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Scorpio is another panic rush job from MS in response to how poorly the Xbone is selling. When released it's going to be overpriced and underwhelming.

Cojawfee posted:

Hopefully by the time this comes out, they will have blurred the line between Xbox and PC and I can just buy the games on my computer.

I don't understand why MS is releasing a new console when it's clear every game for Xbone will be available on Windows 10. Just release an update for Windows 10 that makes every PC and Xbox, kill the Xbone and call it a day.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Finally, the secret sauce is here

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Cojawfee posted:

They already said that every Xbox exclusive is coming to PC.

The kicker is that they're only coming to Windows 10 and only in the app store.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CowcasterVideogames, make it so. Please.

Done.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Already contacting the maker of MONSTER CABLES to see if they're prepared to handle the flow of all these high quality pixels.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Love me some videogames

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't really understand what "I can't believe the aries" is supposed to mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Cojawfee posted:

I don't really understand what "I can't believe the aries" is supposed to mean.

What animal is associated with the Aries sign?

• Locked thread