Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

shadow puppet of a posted:

Please give The Habitat a little more time to put down roots before we get run off of Games again for being impenetrably offtopic.
here's hoping the Scorpio is female, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I still remember when the Xbox 360 was going to have a player created content marketplace, so a few luxurious pixels and a bunch of Xboxen that Phil doesn't actually care if I buy are just fine with me

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

What if Scorpio is the code name for a new iteration of Windows 10. Two years from now Microsoft might split Windows 10 into two separate OSes. Scorpio is designed for gaming like SteamOS. That way you can buy the gaming OS for a PC or little Microsoft console boxes (steamboxes) and technically you could have your teraflops on much more high end equipment that you already own.

It's not a great idea/prediction but neither has been anything else Microsoft has done lately.
If they make me set up a dual boot just to choose between playing games or writing a drat resume I am going to blow chunks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

panda clue posted:

microsoft would never force an operating system on their loyal users
especially not an upgrade to play the next year's games that they're withholding via DirectX ransomware

that would just be sick and wrong and i'm glad it's never happened several times

i know i know, :thejoke:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

lol ook at this fail post... let me adress each one of your bad opinions with good facts:

slow loading: not on ps4 thebest console. its fast.

sub 1080p: not on ps4 the best console, it hits 1080p on all games not made by subtier devs such as dice

unstable framerates: not on ps4 because its good

required sub for mp: also includes 72 free games a year makingi it cheaper than any steam sale ever

p2p networking: dedicated servers are for neckbeards no one cares

multi gb patches: only on xbox the console famous for not having delta patching, doesnt exist on ps4 which will also patch while off unlike Fail pc

expensive games: deep sales, plus able to buy from other regions freely, plus used games and trade ins make console gaming significantly cheaper than throwing money at GPUs and early access anime games on steam

dont post here again, u will not survive the next
Well, you got some of that right, but I can knock out pretty much all your points about performance with Fallout 4 alone. I definitely have multi GB patches all the time on PS4, that's why I get salty when it decides to run them automatically (with the setting shut off) and eat up half my bandwidth cap. Steam can patch games on schedule when I'm not using it, which is as good as the fake "off" my PS4 has. And don't even get started on the free games poo poo because you know there are a hundred times more dumb free games on PC as well as good poo poo crammed into low cost bundles frequently.

Don't get me wrong I love my PC and my PS4 but you don't have to put blinders on and pretend there aren't disadvantages, even if your name is Stux

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wheany posted:

The problem with PC games is that you need to use a PC to play them.
On the other hand, out of the ones for which that is actually true, few are worth it, and more and more often they're ported over later if they're popular anyway, even without these hijinks Microsoft are proposing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

beth is a subtier dev. if a game comes out looking like last gen and running like poo poo its not the consoles fault.
Thanks for acknowledging that some games actually do run like crap on the PS4

That said I'm used to running behind on PC specs so it doesn't especially bother me

Stux posted:

cant parse this post at all
working as intended

• Locked thread