Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapner
May 7, 2013

This is the thread for discussing Light, Fellowship of Loux so we can stop making GBS threads up the Summoners War thread.

It is yet another gachapon game where you collect and build little anime monsters. Think Summoners War, Brave Frontier etc. It's actually quite good.

Google Play: link
iTunes: link
Super early gameplay video: link (It gets a lot better)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
This is like a really polished Heroes Charge/Seven Knights/etc. The com2us polish on it makes it a way more enjoyable experience.

Just hope it's monetized more like Summoners War where you can keep them reasonable premium currency instead of hitting a hard wall once the story is done like a lot of those other games.

Example QoL is that maxed out units pass their experience onto the units in the party instead of consuming their share for no gain. And runes cost nothing to unequip.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 14, 2016

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
This game seems like it could be pretty cool. I like not having to reroll at the start and the combat seems interesting. I don't like not having auto as an option until I have beaten a map once. Maybe that only happens in scenarios? I wish we had more information about how the game is going to be before choosing the 4 star monster. The support character that had the energy fill passive seemed universally useful enough not to make me regret it later.

I do like the Com2us f2p model. I never feel like I have to pay money to keep enough premium currency around to keep playing the game as much as I would like. They also provide a ton of free content so I never feel like I am missing out by going f2p.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Goddamnit you guys. I don't need another game to get addicted to.

Installing this now...

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I don't know if I'm sticking with this but I'm trying it.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

Yeah, so far seems okay. Wish there was more info out there on who is good/bad/horrible/great, but, it'll come. Interesting concept, anyways.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

We should start a goon friends exchange.

My IGN is RapnerSA and I'm on Global.

Edit: Friend rep is a glass cannon Harley.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 15, 2016

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I'm GHOSTDAD (not sure if it's case sensitive) in global. I'm using the 4 star bard lady as my friend rep if you wanna try her out.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

In as Buttez. Cannot tell how long Im gonna stick with it, right now its all autoing through the story and its hard to tell what the long term progression is actually going to look like.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Oh goddamit, they just dumped everyone who was in the beta in to Asia server 2 instead of letting us pick.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I meant to mention that the other day when you were talking about having played in the prerelease. I thought that was super.

DemonSA for ingame name here. Hooray 8 character limits.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

DemonMage posted:

Yeah I meant to mention that the other day when you were talking about having played in the prerelease. I thought that was super.

DemonSA for ingame name here. Hooray 8 character limits.

Oh well. I'm abandoning my asia2 account to jump over to global. Maybe someday they'll implement a server migration for a fee feature, at which point I'll gladly throw (free) gems at them to bring my old account over. Until then, ingame name is Damegane.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I can't watch the everybody-runs-at-each-other combat without picturing the Monty Python reenactment of Pearl Harbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2jEDfPwG8&t=72s

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
oh what the hell i'll give it a shot

i keep wanting to load up summoners war but keep resisting, having something new to try would be fine

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
I am playing as MPants. I started over on my PC since it was occasionally causing my old rear end tablet to hang.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

MrPants posted:

I am playing as MPants. I started over on my PC since it was occasionally causing my old rear end tablet to hang.

What emulator are you using?

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
I am using BlueStacks. I has hung a couple of times but in a similar way to what it did on my tablet. It runs pretty nicely otherwise.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

MrPants posted:

I am using BlueStacks. I has hung a couple of times but in a similar way to what it did on my tablet. It runs pretty nicely otherwise.

You do anything special?

Bluestacks gives me a security policy violation message when I try to run the app.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

Largepotato posted:

You do anything special?

Bluestacks gives me a security policy violation message when I try to run the app.

Same here, I was hoping to get it to run on it as well.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
I just installed it today to try to run this game. The only thing of note that I did is change the default C:\ProgramData folder to a different drive while installing it. Other than that it was a completely fresh install of the free version.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

MrPants posted:

I just installed it today to try to run this game. The only thing of note that I did is change the default C:\ProgramData folder to a different drive while installing it. Other than that it was a completely fresh install of the free version.

Huh, weird. I'm a fresh install of the latest version, but pro, and it won't launch.
I'll play around a bit tonight.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Also tried Nox, but it doesn't even make it to the message for me. Just starts loading then returns to home screen.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I messaged the Nox guys about it and they were like "Com2Us is clearly driving us away. :(", for me it just makes it the security violation thing. Sucks, as I vastly vastly prefer playing Summoners War on Nox at home. So maybe they'll update it soonish if we're lucky.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
I installed summoners war to see if I get an error with that game. It seems to be working fine so far too. Maybe changing the data storage location could help other people that are having problems? I am not able to make it generate errors.

Does anyone know how to switch to hard mode for scenarios in this game?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah Summoners War works great, just can't get Light to work.

My guess is it requires 3*ing all of the normal scenarios.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
You just need to clear the whole map on normal to unlock hard.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Add me: Rubicon
Hero: Velrooks

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Let's see how long this one keeps my attention. In as GlowCow, have the ghost knight duder as my main.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I'm in as GchildSA, also chose the ghost knight. Wish I had chose the archer, they seem pretty strong.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
In as Octospy. But, the game seems to be stuck on the loading screen. Which is strange because I was playing it fine earlier. Hopefully it will work if I try to open it again some other time.

EDIT: Just restarted my phone and it seemed to boot up fine this time.

Obscil fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 17, 2016

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I'm "walgreet", but I don't know how to add friends yet. Does that unlock like arena etc ?

E: oops I got it. Why is this game better than any other wrt rerolling for a strong starter? After like 4 maps you have enough for 2 premium draws, and there's no team cost so you can use op guys immediately

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 17, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah their other popular game (Summoners War) was similar, you got static units so there wasn't a real need to reroll (you COULD but it was stupid to do so).
Plus you get a 4* Hero ticket either from an event or part of the storyline right now, which gives you a static choice of 5 heroes. Gangbi (Fire Attacker/Melee/whatever) seems to be the top choice. I picked Vincent, and got another and picked Harley. They're both solid choices. Harley can put out poo poo tons of damage and you get a free 3* Magic rune set from the storyline stuff, which you can then dump your gold into making him even better. Vincent is a super durable tank, but you also get the 4* Earth bear tank (Arthur) for free from the story.

I currently run
Vincent, Arthur
Harley, Lilly, Hellen

Working pretty well, though being nearly mono blue hurts on earth stages of course.

11x:
3* Enzai (Fire Attacker)
3* Floria (Earth Healer) -- probably replace Hellen?
4* Elissia (Water Tank) -- super anti magic tank
3* Evil Ghost Priest (Water Mage) -- I think anything without a name is junk?
3* Imp (Fire Archer)
3* Demon Warrior (Earth Attacker)
3* Leo (Earth Attacker) -- starter
3* Fire Elemental (Fire Attacker)
3* Lamus Archer (Fire Archer)
3* Lamus Archer (Fire Archer)
3* Evil Ghost Priest (Water Mage)

So... not too bad I guess. Summon rate is probably the same as SW, so 1 4* on average from an 11x (10%~) with about a 0.5-1% chance of getting a 5*.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 17, 2016

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Running f2p I have drawn 4 4*s so far. 3 have been Dimitri...

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
is it the global server or asia 2 that I pick?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I got a generic red 3 star guy and a 4 star named blue attacker, idr which, with my first two rolls. Reset my account (the name "walgreet" is lost forever QQ) and it takes like...a half hour depending on load times, a one hour break, and then another half hour to finish Area 4 and all the available daily quests for one premium scroll and 150 gems, made easy if you leave room on your team to use the "Trial" 6 star friend guy. You have to enter 3 arena matches too for the stamina unless they're running an event that gives you some. Also, did you guys upthread figure out that you can change which server you're on in settings?

also also I haven't looked at the numbers, but the purple tank would have to be crazy good to take him over someone who can actually do damage when the story starts you with a 3-star and gives you a 4-star green guy after a few hours

oh poo poo it just gives you 120 keys the first time you try and run a scenario & you don't have enough

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jun 17, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Newest Nox (3.6.0) seems to let Light run. Though not 100% stably.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
In as donglord.

Picked Vincent and he seems pretty good.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

DemonMage posted:

Newest Nox (3.6.0) seems to let Light run. Though not 100% stably.

Tried 3.6 and I get the same security violation message that bluestacks gets now. :smith:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Seems like you have to actually lose someone in a fight to get the 'Friendship' part of the daily to count up?

Also, BakaSA ingame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I am liking this a lot so far. Been having to do some grinding, once I got to area 11 I couldn't just auto everything, because I ended up with an all blue team and a buncha green dudes showed up. I think if I used a friend summon and paid attention enough to use skills I could get through it without the grinding. After finally getting the 4*s to max level, the whole "no xp is wasted" thing makes for really easy powerleveling of specific dudes which is nice.

Haven't saved enough for an 11 pack yet, but I did splurge on the daily 2 pack which is still stupid and too much money, but its the best "deal" so whatever. Game is interesting enough to risk it, and unless I messed up the math the 6k crystals from the daily equals 44 scrolls, which is definitely better than summoners war, and its still exciting to see what all the monsters do. That being said, I think its fair to say that "don't spend money" applies just as strongly here as any other of these type of games.

I like that the investigate thing makes for a good reason to keep a bunch of dudes around, since I was going to do it anyways. I am not so hot on the hero interface, its not quite snappy enough to deal with looking through a ton of monsters. Speaking of which, I keep finding a ton of great blue dudes, and a couple good fire ones, but besides the green bear they give you I haven't had any green dudes worth using at all. Luck of the draw and all that, but that has been the biggest hurdle so far, and I am sure it will sort itself out as soon as I get more scrolls.

• Locked thread