Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Mirabile dictu, it only took like 25 premium scrolls but I finally pulled something higher than a three star!

(A nat4 that looks like a walrus and throws pots.)

A few random questions:

* Unless they're one of the 3*s that is specifically needed to make a nat5 through the Temple of Heroes, is there any reason to hang onto duplicates of a 3*? (i.e. should I keep running HDs to collect 3*s for any other reason than to make 4*s out of the 3*s I'm using?) EDIT: Looks like that's where Awakening comes in.

* Do the heroes available from Raid point shop ever change? I thought they would when the week timer ran out, but they didn't.

* Since Premium Scrolls are a sinkhole, what else should I burn my diamonds on? I've already opened up all ten Shop slots, and more keys are always nice.

delfin fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I just save my diamonds for the 11 pack.

New update is live!

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I pulled the new earth hero Gohr this morning. Along with two copies of Veky and Elissia.

That makes 3 copies of Elissia I have.

delfin posted:

A few random questions:

* Unless they're one of the 3*s that is specifically needed to make a nat5 through the Temple of Heroes, is there any reason to hang onto duplicates of a 3*? (i.e. should I keep running HDs to collect 3*s for any other reason than to make 4*s out of the 3*s I'm using?) EDIT: Looks like that's where Awakening comes in.

* Do the heroes available from Raid point shop ever change? I thought they would when the week timer ran out, but they didn't.

* Since Premium Scrolls are a sinkhole, what else should I burn my diamonds on? I've already opened up all ten Shop slots, and more keys are always nice.

I run a ton of the HDs. If nothing else I can use them as fodder to make a 4*.

If they ever change, it'll probably be a while.

If it's anything like Summoners War, use the premium scrolls until you have a good stable of heroes or are happy with your hero stable. Then save them for, I guess, keys? I would've said the 2x exp, but this game doesn't have that item.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 30, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Alright! New heroes and a double rate event! Managed to restrain myself and gather 45 scrolls. I'm loving pumped, let's do this!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rubicon posted:

If it's anything like Summoners War, use the premium scrolls until you have a good stable of heroes or are happy with your hero stable.

Counterpoint:

Wooze posted:

Alright! New heroes and a double rate event! Managed to restrain myself and gather 45 scrolls. I'm loving pumped, let's do this!

Wooze posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

(For what it's worth, I've welded together a Rex - Ellaine - Carmen - Terenth - Arthur team that's doing pretty well strictly out of the scraps I've been given. I have all the pieces now to build a Jenia and an Evan, once leveled and evolved. Though it's gonna be a loooong time until I get a second 5* unless 3* evolve incarnations or above start falling from the sky.)

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 30, 2016

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

delfin posted:

(For what it's worth, I've welded together a Rex - Ellaine - Carmen - Terenth - Arthur team that's doing pretty well strictly out of the scraps I've been given. I have all the pieces now to build a Jenia and an Evan, once leveled and evolved. Though it's gonna be a loooong time until I get a second 5* unless 3* evolve incarnations or above start falling from the sky.)

Run some HDs and make sure you have all your slots open for the random shop, I had two premiums at one time yesterday. Leveling fodder is so much faster in this than SW since you can just run with a max level team.

Also don't forget you get a gem bonus for 3 Starring a full zone. It's not much, but it will add up if you are trying to save for one of the bundles.

I have a Jenia but haven't used her yet - I hear she is amazing and many people try to fuse a second one and six star her, so she's not just Zemer fodder.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

That Jerk Steve posted:

Run some HDs and make sure you have all your slots open for the random shop, I had two premiums at one time yesterday. Leveling fodder is so much faster in this than SW since you can just run with a max level team.

Also don't forget you get a gem bonus for 3 Starring a full zone. It's not much, but it will add up if you are trying to save for one of the bundles.

I have a Jenia but haven't used her yet - I hear she is amazing and many people try to fuse a second one and six star her, so she's not just Zemer fodder.

She has %HP damage and some self heal so I believe she's pretty valuable for raids, as well as being a solid 4*.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If anyone still cares about this game, I've only run into one guy so far with my Team Arena strategy -- throw the first round. Let the opponent win the first round with his best units, then stack your heavy hitters on round 2 and 3 and clean up.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yup, still slogging along ;p

This has been my strat too. I've come across a few guys that have their weakest team first, but on the whole it works pretty well!

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Still slogging, and I've started doing the same. Works pretty well.
Still a fun game, but not sure how long I'll keep playing. Likely will try to max out my "team level" and go from there.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Hopefully they add guild stuff soon. Haven't ventured onto the official forums yet, so no idea if they have a road map or anything.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Also still involved. Although I'm starting to get salty about these rates, especially after reading everywhere how much stronger nat 5 units are. I'm something like 75 premium scrolls in, half of them were fire off while the rate up event was running.
I hit Hell recently and making progress there without one of the superstar seems horrible. So my current plan is to work through the dailies while bee-lining to the combinable Zemer. We'll see if I run out of steam before reaching him.
A question: Some people said this game is more or less a carbon copy of Summoners War. If so, how's the guild involvement over there, something to look forward to?
Oh, and another question! Are com2us doing rate up events in their other games often enough that one should gather scrolls until the next one drops in here?

vvvvvvvvv
Thanks and dang.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 7, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There's guild vs guild PvP and that's about it. It gives great rewards, but unless you're in the top nth% and going for the tryhard rewards, it's really just an additional grind. I'd skip out on it if the rewards weren't so good, and of course now that I'm almost done with the worthwhile ones I don't wanna be a shithead to those who still need it...

So... if that's all they do here, no, nothing to really look forward to. It was better as just a chat channel =-p

Though I say this as someone who doesn't view the PvP in these games, especially, as anything worth caring about in general.

Wooze posted:

Oh, and another question! Are com2us doing rate up events in their other games often enough that one should gather scrolls until the next one drops in here?

I've never seen one in Summoners War or the brief period I tried some of their others, but they never ever do that in Summoners War. They want you potentially spending money all the time, rather than penalizing you for starting at the wrong time.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 7, 2016

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Another coupon thingie - LightJuly.
Free 5* tank and some evolution incarnations. Decent freebie.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Nice! I needed those incarnations.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Nice! Been building a water tank, but this speeds it up!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Woohaa, today's update enables 2x speed. Zemer here I come twice as fast (but still very slow)!

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
A bit sad this game has such a small playerbase. I know it's new and all, but still.
The 2X speed update is Good and is there any way to see what is on the current special summon list? I've read it operates a bit like summon stones from SW.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Maybe there's an easier way to access it but I found the info in the hero summon menu on the left side. Open the 'special scroll' submenu, there should be a question mark on the lower left.
Two 5* in it, the question is what's the chance to pull one of them? Redditdudes were throwing around numbers like 15 % (no basis) and 1% (just like in Summoners War apparently?).

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Considering it's like :10bux: a pull, totally not worth taking the chance.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Got my 2nd nat5 last night, Tiat. I'm f2p... is the drop rate much higher in this game or am I just lucky?

(I still don't have a Rex to fuse Zemer)

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Rapner posted:

Got my 2nd nat5 last night, Tiat. I'm f2p... is the drop rate much higher in this game or am I just lucky?

I said gently caress it and bought the 15000 gem package yesterday. I've been through at least 200 scrolls this game so far and no nat 5 so yeah.

That said, I did get my last piece needed for zemer along with turan and some other fun new stuff so im not too miffed.

And yeah the prices on the special summon are just dumb. Its a shame the only other way to get those are from the monthly login rewards because seriously gently caress paying :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: for 3 chances at something that doesn't even seem to have higher rates of better draws. If it's just like SW's summon stones then the odds aren't increased, it just narrows the pool you draw from.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
I'm in the game as Arinea. I pulled a Sha'rade from a premium scroll, so add me if you want to be friends.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Managed to clear Hell with my fused Zemer! He really is a gamechanger.

Proceeded to open 25 Premium Scrolls and the one Superscroll I got from finishing Hell. I received one four star hero for my troubles. :)

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Still building the 5 stars fusers needed to get him. Making do with 5* Ellaine for now.

Read a bit of the update they have planned, and it all seems to be going in the right direction. Guilds should be cool. Wonder if we have 30 people playing currently here?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Surprised there aren't more of us, considering this is basically SW with some QoL upgrades.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm hanging on but not by too much. I've ground out enough 4*s to make things interesting and at least have the parts for Zemer (though Evan and Jenia are still 4*). I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to being able to clear Raids beyond level 3, or Explorations beyond sometimes round 6, or Hard mode past world 11 or so, so I'm running a daily treadmill to get diamonds that translate into either more keys to run the treadmill or piles of 3* fodder.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

delfin posted:

I'm hanging on but not by too much. I've ground out enough 4*s to make things interesting and at least have the parts for Zemer (though Evan and Jenia are still 4*). I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to being able to clear Raids beyond level 3, or Explorations beyond sometimes round 6, or Hard mode past world 11 or so, so I'm running a daily treadmill to get diamonds that translate into either more keys to run the treadmill or piles of 3* fodder.

What's causing you so much trouble?

I have like 4 5*s and a bunch of 4*s and I can do raids to level 5 and sometimes clear Explorations. My party's usually Elissia 5*, Sha'rade 5*, Hellen 5*, Turan 5* and Terenth 4* for the level 5 raids. I'll swap out Terenth for someone I want to level and just run level 4 raids on auto for the xp and the event.

I think Hellen is key - I'm not sure about this - but the other support characters don't actually heal except when you use the active skill, where Hellen has a party heal every 6 or whatever attacks. Floria also does a heal if you have her at 4* where she'll heal with 50% chance when she attacks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Arcaeris posted:

What's causing you so much trouble?

I have like 4 5*s and a bunch of 4*s and I can do raids to level 5 and sometimes clear Explorations. My party's usually Elissia 5*, Sha'rade 5*, Hellen 5*, Turan 5* and Terenth 4* for the level 5 raids. I'll swap out Terenth for someone I want to level and just run level 4 raids on auto for the xp and the event.

I went back and tried some raids on higher levels and did get up to level 4-5, so that checks out. Explorations, on the other hand, will kill you any time they get in the mood.

For instance, I went in and tried one this morning -- no Auto Battle, best units piled up:
5* Jenia, Rex, Misty, Hellen (all max except Hellen, who's 49 but has two awakenings)
4* Arthur, Ellaine, Tallia, Evan, Aaron, Terenth, Nina, Carmen, Muku (all 40), 4* Elissia 38, 4* Kaho 33

Healers have Magic/Life, DPSes have mostly Magic / Critical / Accuracy / Speed pairs in some combination, all runes are at +8 or so. That's a pretty decent assortment of nat4s for a F2P player at this point.

I went in and died on round 2. There was a Sha'rade there who was just like "*thwap* YOU'RE dead and *thwap* YOU'RE dead and *thwap* YOU'RE dead and *thwap* YOU'RE dead" and he burned through my whole roster in short order.

Best I've ever done on an Exploration was clearing round 6 when everything fell right. Then round 7 was a meat grinder.

I know that Zemer is supposed to be overpowered, but I'm reluctant to trade three of my best units for him given what I've seen when I've used a friend Zemer, which wasn't all that overwhelming.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
You've got some solid stuff there - I would work on getting terenth, carmen and maybe elissia to 5*.

Elissia is a solid water tank if you are really against trading in jenia and misty. Rex is kinda outclassed by terenth imo so his loss shouldn't hurt much. Misty is a bitch to get but jenia isn't too hard to fuse. Zemer is compared to vero from SW alot and that's pretty accurate. His cleanse is the greatest part of his kit and while he is a drat good hero, you have ok substitutes in misty and elissia if need be. His 5 second damage immunity is also pretty drat great.

That said explorations can be pretty hard. If anyone needs a good five star dehar, I have some spaces freed up: ThatJerk

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Added you. My rep is 6* Sha'Rade. IGN is Hilarity if anyone needs.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Interesting thread on raid10 stuff https://www.reddit.com/r/lightfellowshipofloux/comments/4tynj5/guide_raid_10_auto_guide/

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
Thanks for posting that, it's a good guide. I see Warp talking in channel 101 all the time, dude really knows his stuff.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Sounds really good in theory, my biggest problem is that the guide talks about 6☆ like it's the most natural thing to have. I thought I had a lot of time invested into the game and I'm just now getting ready to six my first unit. Guess I have to get my grind on even more.

Also, I hope the next balance patch comes soon. I'm scared of evolving Zemer when there's a chance he will be nerfed a few weeks later.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
With the time investment required to get Zemer, I doubt they'll nerf him too hard.

I've just unlocked him, and at lvl 32 he's tanking the same content as my lvl 50 ellaine was.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

overseer07 posted:

Added you. My rep is 6* Sha'Rade. IGN is Hilarity if anyone needs.

Just sent a request, as Roid.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Wooze posted:

Sounds really good in theory, my biggest problem is that the guide talks about 6☆ like it's the most natural thing to have. I thought I had a lot of time invested into the game and I'm just now getting ready to six my first unit. Guess I have to get my grind on even more.

Also, I hope the next balance patch comes soon. I'm scared of evolving Zemer when there's a chance he will be nerfed a few weeks later.

Six stars are much easier to grind towards compared to SW I feel, just make sure you only have one hero on your team that you try to level at a time and it goes by fast - that said I'm still wrapping up five starring all of my 15v15 team before I work on any actual 6 stars.

Even with a nerf Zemer would still be Good and worth the sacrifice of Jenia/Misty.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Guilds are live. Didn't get chance to pull the trigger on making one this morning, will have wait after work if nobody has made one in the mean time.

Any ideas for a witty name?

Not sure I like the change about not being able to use a friends hero during normal scenarios. Leader skills look a bit confusing too. Maybe I misunderstood the tooltip, but I awakened both Zemer and Hellen (with the free 5 star from the login) and no leadership skill popped for either (nvm read the notes more carefully, and it awakening lvl6!)?

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Roid666 posted:

Not sure I like the change about not being able to use a friends hero during normal scenarios.

That's a glitch that they're fixing. The Guild patch managed to break both that and cause some battles to never end unless you pause the battle, go to Battle Info Settings, change to Random Skill Usage, quit the battle and restart the game.

A "we hosed up" compensation pack was in my Inbox and they're promising another one when they unfuck the friends glitch.

• Locked thread