Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapner
May 7, 2013

I made a guild seeing no one else has yet. The name size is super short, so I named it 'Life Savings'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
"The selected Guild can't accept new members currently"

Well if you get an application from Choom when you unlock it that would be me.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Rapner posted:

I made a guild seeing no one else has yet. The name size is super short, so I named it 'Life Savings'.

Just tried and looks like you made it private or something?

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Rapner posted:

Tried to apply but got the same message as above. Maybe you have to invite?

IGN: Rubicon

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
IGN: delfin for guildy goodness.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
I'm arinea in game, add me to guild please.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Sorry guys please try again. I think the settings are right now.

Edit: Yep it's working

Rapner fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 30, 2016

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

Applied as Kartboy

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Accepted all invites. Is anyone here Richardd?

Edit: 8am 30/7 GMT all invites accepted

Rapner fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jul 30, 2016

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Applied as Roid.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
In as ThatJerk

None of these three new heroes look that great to me :shrug:

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
New reward code is available. LIGHTAUGUST

You get a 5* Shaina this time, so you know...free 5* evo fodder.

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

Didn't see this earlier but if you are on iOS there is not a place to enter the code from what I saw. The link on their forum worked for me: https://forum.com2us.com/forum/main-forum/light-fellowship-of-loux/events-ab/1385636-event-special-giveaway-event-august

Voliun
May 31, 2012
Applied as my username. Between this and Summoner's War, I really can't decide.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Apparently pulling a nat5 Divana from a Special scroll dramatically increases one's success rates.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Applied to the guild as Olds.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Does it matter which hero I pick with my first token?

Rapner
May 7, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

Does it matter which hero I pick with my first token?

I'd probably take Gangbi.

I have a bunch of people in the guild queue that haven't posted in the thread, are you on this list? Please let me know.

Bilky
Rubicon
Murmur
Hilarity

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Rapner posted:

I'd probably take Gangbi.

I have a bunch of people in the guild queue that haven't posted in the thread, are you on this list? Please let me know.

Bilky
Rubicon
Murmur
Hilarity

Hilarity is overseer07. Check last page.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Thanks just reread the whole thread and sorted out a couple of guys.

I still have:

Murmur
Edshot88
And Soopey just joined a few minutes ago

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
With the guild update event. It might be worth it to accept everyone, but write down the folks that haven't said anything in thread.

300 Gems for having 20 members in Guild isn't anything to sneeze at.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's two 3*s from the Temple of Heroes!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I fused Zemer last night and he took me from struggling to finish Hell 9-9 to finishing Hell 15-10 with no wipes the whole way. He is disgustingly good.

Now to figure out who to make my first 6* - Zemer, Tiat or Velrooks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
How do you have him runed? I have a 5* Zemer and he is very very good but not destroying teams on his lonesome. I think I'm getting as much or more of an effect from Divana because her 5-second immunity shield is just sick.

Zemer / Elissia / Hellen / Divana / (Turan/Peishan/Terenth) is cruising through Hell, as well it should. This makes me feel better about my second consecutive 1500-gem pack returning all 3*s.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

delfin posted:

How do you have him runed? I have a 5* Zemer and he is very very good but not destroying teams on his lonesome. I think I'm getting as much or more of an effect from Divana because her 5-second immunity shield is just sick.

Zemer / Elissia / Hellen / Divana / (Turan/Peishan/Terenth) is cruising through Hell, as well it should. This makes me feel better about my second consecutive 1500-gem pack returning all 3*s.

He doesn't really destroy teams solo, he is a rock that empowers everyone else.

My team was Zemer, Velrooks, Tiat, Alshara, Hellen. Velrooks melts face with Zemer's def buff, and both he and Tiat excel when they're not being CCed all the time.

Trying to figure out if I want to commit to Hellen or find another healer with more utility to add to the team.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Tiat was my first 6. Totally worth it. His damage output tends to dwarf even Sha'rade

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Applied to guild as Arinea

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
why am I still PLAYING THIS GAME

Random thoughts:

* So far, the benefits of being in a guild are... um... private chat? The rewards from that event for joining? Kinda hope that they wedge some functionality in sometime soon.

* The 5x5 Arena is interesting. An awful lot of people leave their defenses at minimal until Friday or Saturday, so if you're picky about whom you attack you can rack up a lot of points all week. Getting to Gold (1500 rating) and staying there means 500 gems a week, which isn't too shabby. Once you get past that point it's a wall of 6*s, of course. You do lose points when you lose a fight while offline, so you can't just get up to 1501 and stop there.

* If there are any newbies left among us, a word on Evolution Incarnations. If it's at Max level and you're feeding it to something, you're doing it wrong; their purpose is to be evolved to the next star grade and THEN fed.

Evolving a 5* to 6* requires five 5* fodder. Should you spend units you care about among that fodder? Of course not. Thus, as tempting as it may be to feed Max lev 4* Evo Incs to your 4* units to make them fives, DON'T -- they're far better used when evolved into level 1 5* Evo Incs because fodder at that star grade is much harder to come by.

Rules of thumb:
5*->6* = five evolved 4*s = five max-lev 4*s and 20 generic 4*s
4*->5* = four evolved 3*s = four max-lev 3*s and 12 generic 3*s

So to turn a 5* into a 6* requires 25 4*s (five max-level 4*s to be evolved and 20 generic 4*s to be fed to them), which means 100 3*s (25 x (one max-level 3* + three generic 3*s to be fed)). That's a lot of units. Suddenly all those trips through Heroic Dungeons for 3* shards don't seem so pointless. That's what makes Evolution Incarnations valuable -- they land in your Inbox at max level already, sparing you a bunch of dungeon grinds to get them max level to be capable of evolution.

Also, all the 2* poo poo you get from Temple of Heroes and dungeon drops? They're pretty easy to level and make into those generic 3*s. So don't just feed them away like I did for a while.

* Not a fan of the change to Sanctum of Strength. Yes, the essences let you upgrade awakenings slightly but they took away a guaranteed eggy per day.

* The draw rate for Premium scrolls still sucks. I blew through my last 11-pack now (with Hell 3*ed, the sources of easy gems get a lot harder to find) and... 10 3*s and a Jenia, whom I could easily have made from other 3*s. That said, while nat5s are powerful, you can build a kickass team out of the right nat4s so if you go 0-for-forever on 5s it's not the end of the world.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Guild battles finally coming up!

https://www.withhive.com/help/notice_view/17522

tl;dr:
- looks like we will be able to focus on nat5s through it, a bunch of :effort: reskins
- new leader skills, including stronger units
- looks like our glorious leader chooses which units participate?
- fights are 10v10 but even after reading the post I still have no clue how it actually works
- 6 fights a week, each giving you points, even just participation

I wonder if we even have enough active players to do this :downs:

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 25, 2016

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I still have this game but haven't played it much. I really like the art but I am not really doing much besides scenario. What else should I be doing?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Rapner where u at?

vulturesrow posted:

I still have this game but haven't played it much. I really like the art but I am not really doing much besides scenario. What else should I be doing?
I'd say first priority is fusing a Zemer and after that slowly building up a raidteam. There's a pretty good and accuraty tier list out there: clicky

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I haven't been doing much with this game. Well over 300 scrolls without a nat 5 besides zemer and I'm over 30 scrolls since I've seen my last lightning.
Just kinda going through the motions now, hopefully guild battles will change that.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Does someone want to take over GM? I'm not consistently playing enough for the job.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
So here's a question that's sure to piss someone off: I pulled a second Divana. Is there any advantage to having a second, or should I just use it for awakening?

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
Uhh I guess I'm GM now? For those you in the guild and still playing set up a defense and maybe we can get this guild war thing going.

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
Went on a summoning spree. 60 some scrolls and got jack aside from dupes. This one is going on the backburner. Congrats Delfin, you are now GM.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
oh that's right, pass the curse onto ME, see if I care

If anyone wants into the guild, yell in the thread and apply in the game and we'll see if we can actually get enough for a guild battle sometime. Or not.

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 7, 2016

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

delfin posted:

oh that's right, pass the curse onto ME, see if I care

If anyone wants into the guild, yell in the thread and apply in the game and we'll see if we can actually get enough for a guild battle sometime. Or not.

I still don't know what I'm doing with this, I'm too new to be of any use, and it sounds like I missed the new game wave of popularity, but I did apply for the guild, so if you see Dababbus on there, that's me.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Added. We are one small step closer to global domination.

Meanwhile, the Infinite Tower has been implemented. It has 100 levels, which is slightly less than infinite. (Okay, it resets monthly and you can replay boss levels all you want, so there's your replayability part.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If anyone really wants the squirrel girl shopkeeper on their roster, she's available now in an event quest if you do a bunch of grinding.

So... that. Get to it.

• Locked thread