Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I don't know if I'm sticking with this but I'm trying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I can't watch the everybody-runs-at-each-other combat without picturing the Monty Python reenactment of Pearl Harbor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2jEDfPwG8&t=72s

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Still not sure about this game. It's not BAD but even getting through the daily quest stuff is a bit of a chore and I'm still not comfortable with the rugby scrum combat system. First and only Premium scroll gave me a 3* robot; I'm saving up a little more for the 3-Premiums + 3 eggies pack and if that gives me garbage, I'm out.

EDIT: Got up to 450 gems and bought the three-premium pack. And I got:

3* Rex (the same robot I got from my first premium scroll)
3* Lilly (already had from quest clears)
3* Claire (...)

:colbert:

delfin fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 20, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rubicon posted:

There's a coupon code LIGHTFIRE1 and it gets you Fire/Water/Earth Hatching Eggy, 5 Normal Scrolls, 50 Keys, and 10 Light-Pieces of Demp. You enter it under the events tab/redeem coupon.

Getting "This coupon code has expired."

EDIT: Chat says try LIGHTWATER1 .

delfin fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 20, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

the auschwitz diet posted:

This is really not the right game for you if you're going to get frustrated at not getting great pulls, even 100 pulls isn't going to guarantee you a nat 5*. Rex is really good, you can't get him from the secret dungeons and you'll need an extra one for fusing a nat 5* as well, that's probably the best possible 3* pull. There are 6 or so welfare premium scrolls available in the ongoing events and the normal difficulty scenario campaign though if you want to stick it out.

Well, there is a number in between 3 and 5, which is 4, which I was kinda hoping one of my first five premiums would land on when gems are this scarce as a F2P. I don't expect god tier to be handed to me, but a 3* followed by a dupe of that 3*, a dupe of the 3* archer I've already replaced, and a dupe of the 3* mage I've already replaced could've gone better.

Current team is L23 4* Arthur, L19 4* Ian, L26 3* Rex, L30 4* Carmen, L19 3* Tallia who was my fifth premium pull.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Stealing mine as well. Still no evidence that 4*s or 5*s from Premium scrolls are anything but a thread in-joke.

That said, sticking with it for now. Sent friend reqs as delfin to people in the thread, add me or don't, not terribly concerned.

I got my first 5* by cannibalizing Ian and evolving up some of the evo incarnations, so Rex is 5* now, teamed with 4* Carmen, Ellaine, Tallia and Arthur, with a 4* Hellen lurking in the background and 3* Cecile and Nina waiting for promotion. Getting people who find Heroic Dungeons to add you temporarily is somewhat of a game in itself.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Mirabile dictu, it only took like 25 premium scrolls but I finally pulled something higher than a three star!

(A nat4 that looks like a walrus and throws pots.)

A few random questions:

* Unless they're one of the 3*s that is specifically needed to make a nat5 through the Temple of Heroes, is there any reason to hang onto duplicates of a 3*? (i.e. should I keep running HDs to collect 3*s for any other reason than to make 4*s out of the 3*s I'm using?) EDIT: Looks like that's where Awakening comes in.

* Do the heroes available from Raid point shop ever change? I thought they would when the week timer ran out, but they didn't.

* Since Premium Scrolls are a sinkhole, what else should I burn my diamonds on? I've already opened up all ten Shop slots, and more keys are always nice.

delfin fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 28, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rubicon posted:

If it's anything like Summoners War, use the premium scrolls until you have a good stable of heroes or are happy with your hero stable.

Counterpoint:

Wooze posted:

Alright! New heroes and a double rate event! Managed to restrain myself and gather 45 scrolls. I'm loving pumped, let's do this!

Wooze posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

(For what it's worth, I've welded together a Rex - Ellaine - Carmen - Terenth - Arthur team that's doing pretty well strictly out of the scraps I've been given. I have all the pieces now to build a Jenia and an Evan, once leveled and evolved. Though it's gonna be a loooong time until I get a second 5* unless 3* evolve incarnations or above start falling from the sky.)

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 30, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If anyone still cares about this game, I've only run into one guy so far with my Team Arena strategy -- throw the first round. Let the opponent win the first round with his best units, then stack your heavy hitters on round 2 and 3 and clean up.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm hanging on but not by too much. I've ground out enough 4*s to make things interesting and at least have the parts for Zemer (though Evan and Jenia are still 4*). I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to being able to clear Raids beyond level 3, or Explorations beyond sometimes round 6, or Hard mode past world 11 or so, so I'm running a daily treadmill to get diamonds that translate into either more keys to run the treadmill or piles of 3* fodder.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Arcaeris posted:

What's causing you so much trouble?

I have like 4 5*s and a bunch of 4*s and I can do raids to level 5 and sometimes clear Explorations. My party's usually Elissia 5*, Sha'rade 5*, Hellen 5*, Turan 5* and Terenth 4* for the level 5 raids. I'll swap out Terenth for someone I want to level and just run level 4 raids on auto for the xp and the event.

I went back and tried some raids on higher levels and did get up to level 4-5, so that checks out. Explorations, on the other hand, will kill you any time they get in the mood.

For instance, I went in and tried one this morning -- no Auto Battle, best units piled up:
5* Jenia, Rex, Misty, Hellen (all max except Hellen, who's 49 but has two awakenings)
4* Arthur, Ellaine, Tallia, Evan, Aaron, Terenth, Nina, Carmen, Muku (all 40), 4* Elissia 38, 4* Kaho 33

Healers have Magic/Life, DPSes have mostly Magic / Critical / Accuracy / Speed pairs in some combination, all runes are at +8 or so. That's a pretty decent assortment of nat4s for a F2P player at this point.

I went in and died on round 2. There was a Sha'rade there who was just like "*thwap* YOU'RE dead and *thwap* YOU'RE dead and *thwap* YOU'RE dead and *thwap* YOU'RE dead" and he burned through my whole roster in short order.

Best I've ever done on an Exploration was clearing round 6 when everything fell right. Then round 7 was a meat grinder.

I know that Zemer is supposed to be overpowered, but I'm reluctant to trade three of my best units for him given what I've seen when I've used a friend Zemer, which wasn't all that overwhelming.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Roid666 posted:

Not sure I like the change about not being able to use a friends hero during normal scenarios.

That's a glitch that they're fixing. The Guild patch managed to break both that and cause some battles to never end unless you pause the battle, go to Battle Info Settings, change to Random Skill Usage, quit the battle and restart the game.

A "we hosed up" compensation pack was in my Inbox and they're promising another one when they unfuck the friends glitch.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
IGN: delfin for guildy goodness.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Apparently pulling a nat5 Divana from a Special scroll dramatically increases one's success rates.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's two 3*s from the Temple of Heroes!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
How do you have him runed? I have a 5* Zemer and he is very very good but not destroying teams on his lonesome. I think I'm getting as much or more of an effect from Divana because her 5-second immunity shield is just sick.

Zemer / Elissia / Hellen / Divana / (Turan/Peishan/Terenth) is cruising through Hell, as well it should. This makes me feel better about my second consecutive 1500-gem pack returning all 3*s.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
why am I still PLAYING THIS GAME

Random thoughts:

* So far, the benefits of being in a guild are... um... private chat? The rewards from that event for joining? Kinda hope that they wedge some functionality in sometime soon.

* The 5x5 Arena is interesting. An awful lot of people leave their defenses at minimal until Friday or Saturday, so if you're picky about whom you attack you can rack up a lot of points all week. Getting to Gold (1500 rating) and staying there means 500 gems a week, which isn't too shabby. Once you get past that point it's a wall of 6*s, of course. You do lose points when you lose a fight while offline, so you can't just get up to 1501 and stop there.

* If there are any newbies left among us, a word on Evolution Incarnations. If it's at Max level and you're feeding it to something, you're doing it wrong; their purpose is to be evolved to the next star grade and THEN fed.

Evolving a 5* to 6* requires five 5* fodder. Should you spend units you care about among that fodder? Of course not. Thus, as tempting as it may be to feed Max lev 4* Evo Incs to your 4* units to make them fives, DON'T -- they're far better used when evolved into level 1 5* Evo Incs because fodder at that star grade is much harder to come by.

Rules of thumb:
5*->6* = five evolved 4*s = five max-lev 4*s and 20 generic 4*s
4*->5* = four evolved 3*s = four max-lev 3*s and 12 generic 3*s

So to turn a 5* into a 6* requires 25 4*s (five max-level 4*s to be evolved and 20 generic 4*s to be fed to them), which means 100 3*s (25 x (one max-level 3* + three generic 3*s to be fed)). That's a lot of units. Suddenly all those trips through Heroic Dungeons for 3* shards don't seem so pointless. That's what makes Evolution Incarnations valuable -- they land in your Inbox at max level already, sparing you a bunch of dungeon grinds to get them max level to be capable of evolution.

Also, all the 2* poo poo you get from Temple of Heroes and dungeon drops? They're pretty easy to level and make into those generic 3*s. So don't just feed them away like I did for a while.

* Not a fan of the change to Sanctum of Strength. Yes, the essences let you upgrade awakenings slightly but they took away a guaranteed eggy per day.

* The draw rate for Premium scrolls still sucks. I blew through my last 11-pack now (with Hell 3*ed, the sources of easy gems get a lot harder to find) and... 10 3*s and a Jenia, whom I could easily have made from other 3*s. That said, while nat5s are powerful, you can build a kickass team out of the right nat4s so if you go 0-for-forever on 5s it's not the end of the world.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
oh that's right, pass the curse onto ME, see if I care

If anyone wants into the guild, yell in the thread and apply in the game and we'll see if we can actually get enough for a guild battle sometime. Or not.

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 7, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Added. We are one small step closer to global domination.

Meanwhile, the Infinite Tower has been implemented. It has 100 levels, which is slightly less than infinite. (Okay, it resets monthly and you can replay boss levels all you want, so there's your replayability part.)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If anyone really wants the squirrel girl shopkeeper on their roster, she's available now in an event quest if you do a bunch of grinding.

So... that. Get to it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
And that's how much of a wet poo poo anyone gave about the squirrel girl shopkeeper.

They just put out a new update, however, that (a) increases 4*-5* scroll rates slightly whenever you pull a 3* and makes duplicate pulls slightly less likely, (b) gives you a free Zemer (the first really solid tank most players get) if you do five daily grinds, and (c) tweaks some of the other things in the game so check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
...do we even have enough people active for Guild Battle? I'll have to look into how it works.

• Locked thread