Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
This is like a really polished Heroes Charge/Seven Knights/etc. The com2us polish on it makes it a way more enjoyable experience.

Just hope it's monetized more like Summoners War where you can keep them reasonable premium currency instead of hitting a hard wall once the story is done like a lot of those other games.

Example QoL is that maxed out units pass their experience onto the units in the party instead of consuming their share for no gain. And runes cost nothing to unequip.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I meant to mention that the other day when you were talking about having played in the prerelease. I thought that was super.

DemonSA for ingame name here. Hooray 8 character limits.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah I messaged the Nox guys about it and they were like "Com2Us is clearly driving us away. :(", for me it just makes it the security violation thing. Sucks, as I vastly vastly prefer playing Summoners War on Nox at home. So maybe they'll update it soonish if we're lucky.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah Summoners War works great, just can't get Light to work.

My guess is it requires 3*ing all of the normal scenarios.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah their other popular game (Summoners War) was similar, you got static units so there wasn't a real need to reroll (you COULD but it was stupid to do so).
Plus you get a 4* Hero ticket either from an event or part of the storyline right now, which gives you a static choice of 5 heroes. Gangbi (Fire Attacker/Melee/whatever) seems to be the top choice. I picked Vincent, and got another and picked Harley. They're both solid choices. Harley can put out poo poo tons of damage and you get a free 3* Magic rune set from the storyline stuff, which you can then dump your gold into making him even better. Vincent is a super durable tank, but you also get the 4* Earth bear tank (Arthur) for free from the story.

I currently run
Vincent, Arthur
Harley, Lilly, Hellen

Working pretty well, though being nearly mono blue hurts on earth stages of course.

11x:
3* Enzai (Fire Attacker)
3* Floria (Earth Healer) -- probably replace Hellen?
4* Elissia (Water Tank) -- super anti magic tank
3* Evil Ghost Priest (Water Mage) -- I think anything without a name is junk?
3* Imp (Fire Archer)
3* Demon Warrior (Earth Attacker)
3* Leo (Earth Attacker) -- starter
3* Fire Elemental (Fire Attacker)
3* Lamus Archer (Fire Archer)
3* Lamus Archer (Fire Archer)
3* Evil Ghost Priest (Water Mage)

So... not too bad I guess. Summon rate is probably the same as SW, so 1 4* on average from an 11x (10%~) with about a 0.5-1% chance of getting a 5*.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 17, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Newest Nox (3.6.0) seems to let Light run. Though not 100% stably.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I spent my $20 on the starter pack since I'm having fun, but yeah otherwise daily pack 1 or nothing. Unless they completely dry up the free currency later on, in which case I'll probably just quit and come back when they add a bunch of new poo poo 😛

Starter pack is nice since it's your choice of a 4*, so you get someone good. I was considering daily pack 2 once for the same reason you did, you'll get roughly 4 or 5 4*s but they could all be crap. Or you could wind up with 3 5*s. Hooray gambling!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Any of the starter choices, can double down if you want. They're all really good units anyways.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

MrPants posted:

The really weak auto battle in this game is really killing it for me. It isn't interesting enough to manual all the time and there is a massive team performance gap between auto and manual. Then I look at having to manual through another hundred or two scenario battle first time clears and this game starts looking less and less fun. Maybe they were trying to create a game that was less of an idle game than others out there and I guess they succeeded in that. I am not really into it though. I really enjoy starting battles occasionally while I work and checking back in a couple of minutes to see what I won.

Are you using Skill Setup or Random Skills? I find the former and doing Healer -> DPS -> DPS works really well for most content that I want to auto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

There's guild vs guild PvP and that's about it. It gives great rewards, but unless you're in the top nth% and going for the tryhard rewards, it's really just an additional grind. I'd skip out on it if the rewards weren't so good, and of course now that I'm almost done with the worthwhile ones I don't wanna be a shithead to those who still need it...

So... if that's all they do here, no, nothing to really look forward to. It was better as just a chat channel =-p

Though I say this as someone who doesn't view the PvP in these games, especially, as anything worth caring about in general.

Wooze posted:

Oh, and another question! Are com2us doing rate up events in their other games often enough that one should gather scrolls until the next one drops in here?

I've never seen one in Summoners War or the brief period I tried some of their others, but they never ever do that in Summoners War. They want you potentially spending money all the time, rather than penalizing you for starting at the wrong time.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 7, 2016

• Locked thread