Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour
Just saw there's a new contest and the deadline is right around the corner! I'm going to claim Tiny Cities Made of Ashes by Modest Mouse. If I'm feeling really fancy and have enough time I might take a crack at Wanderlust by Björk.

Edit: Maybe The World At Large by Modest Mouse... sorry about listing so many songs but I figure there's only 8 days until the deadline so there won't be too many people hopping on board. If anyone wants to do one of these songs go right ahead.

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
Edit again: Here's my very last-minute submission. Sat down this afternoon to start recording and it sounded like garbage but I'm sticking with it. The contest needs more than four entries.

https://soundcloud.com/koivunen/the-world-at-large-modest-mouse-cover

Modest Mouse - The World At Large

Koivunen fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 4, 2016

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
I'm going to think about this for a bit, will post the new thread on Monday since I'm working all weekend.

Does anyone have the list of previous contest themes?

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

to human behaviour
Sorry everyone. Monday was my one day off but I flipped from nights to days in under 24 hours and ended up sleeping for most of it. I'm an ICU nurse and I work 12.5 hour shifts, so it's basically work and sleep for a week at a time, not many opportunities to sit down and think of a really good theme.

But I just got home after my last shift of this stretch, there's a beer in my hand, and since I'm totally drained and this next contest needs to get started (and sorry drugs or Disney isn't really doing it for me), here it is:

Intense

Because I work in the Intensive Care Unit.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788781

P.S. What number is this? 65?

• Locked thread