Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Glomar Explorer was laid up in Suisun before being sold to what is now Transocean. It's scrap by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

FrozenVent posted:

Ships are huge, expensive to maintain in a safely visitable state and mostly full of boring emptiness.

I'm always amazed at how many of them are maintained as museums at all.

Yeah its hard enough finding the funds for the floating museums we already have. The Hornet was almost scrapped before they could find a large enough donor. They all rely on a lot of volunteers just to stay above water. There were several other ships that have been through including my schools old training ship and the SS Independence that can't find a dime and are sent to the scrap yard. Those older ships tend to carry hidden nightmares and huge liabilities with all the hazmat.

• Locked thread