Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Delivery McGee posted:

Spoilers, innit?

Also no, that's not a record, CSS Hunley killed her entire crew THREE times over. You thought the Nazi u-boats with their 75% loss rate were bad? The OG submarine had a loss rate of 300%. Not three-quarters, not three dead, the fuckin' thing sank with all hands lost THREE GODDAMN TIMES and was raise and re-crewed TWICE. Two in trials, the last when shaken asunder by the boom of her own torpedo/bomb lance, which did sink a Yankee warship, so in terms of Rebels vs. Yanks killed, it was successful. Ish.

Oh I've been assigned to this boat that's already sank twice? AWOL time, bitches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Lampsacus posted:

I was going to add this one. That long form is incredible - I was just recommending it to a co worker today!

Agreed. Every time the link is posted somewhere, I click it and then go, "Oh yea I've read this one before" and then I end up rereading the whole thing because it's loving excellent. That long form was also the one that led me to a survive <catastrophic events> long form and documentary binge. The scary thing for me was/is the way dumb luck, coincidence, and snap decisions (some which even post-event will sound insanely counter-intuitive) is the thing that puts you in the survivor category.

• Locked thread