Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Here's a central location where we can aggregate car use and maintenance tips we have have had buried in other threads as there previously was no centralized thread to collect these tips but there is now.

Tip for your care: next time you have to dodoo do it in the console so you save time having to find a toilet,g etting to your destination sooner and if you need a poo you have one at all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

have a 2 y/o? leave her in the car because the alligator cannot eat the whole car (still confirming this with facts from the intenret)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just put the cruise control on your rv on and ghost ride the poo poo while you use a regular toilet jeez. :jerkbag:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Just put the cruise control on your rv on and ghost ride the poo poo while you use a regular toilet jeez. :jerkbag:

but you wont have anything on-hand to throw at the amish ont he side of the rode selling warm pies

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
cars smell good with mothballs fill car with balls of moths

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
when you change your oil just park the car on your lawn and drain the used motor oil straight into the dirt

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
-save on gas by leaving your car in neutral and pushing it to your destination
-smash other car windows instead of your own car windows - cheaper
-take the tires off to make it more lightweight and aerodynamic
- run over cyclists

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

social vegan posted:

but you wont have anything on-hand to throw at the amish ont he side of the rode selling warm pies

You just put a little string on the poop tank release and pull it while you do a sick ebrake skid, giving the poop a 180 degree panoramic splatter.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Live in a city with good public transit and you don't need one

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if the mechanic says your brake lines are nearly rusted through, that means you're still good to go for a while yet

... 3$%^@#$^#%#$@%

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

never trust an elf posted:

Live in a city with good public transit and you don't need one

straight bitchmade

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
With the right amount of jolly and song, your car can fly.

Mostly true with older model vehicles.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Insteaod of spending 15 bucks on an expensive cabin air filter, steal a stack of napkins from your favorite restaurant and stuff them in there.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

drive a car off a cliff: life is meaningless

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

You can save money on gas by not paying for it.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

piss on a grape and it will roll for a time. the same is not true of car

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

piss on a grape and it will roll for a time. the same is not true of car
The last time I pissed on a car it drove away.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good car advice is to hang on to your tires for a really long time, since having less tread makes them more like the tires on F1 cars, and your car will go faster

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

If you need an extra tire you might try to get one of the inner tires from one of thse trucks with four tires on its back axle. They might not notice.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good car advice is when you really need people in front of you to go faster, pop your hood to make your horn louder

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
If you drink a bottle of gasoline, the bubbles reproduce in your digestive system and then you can piss into your gas tank for a high octane boost!

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
click it or ticket

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
seat belts aren't actually safe, never use one unless you are strapping in someone you hate

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Change your oil every 3,000 miles, rotate your tires every 5,000 miles

Check your tire pressure weekly

When disconnecting your battery, disconnect negative then positive

Learn the meanings of each warning light to stay on top of your cars status and and establish which issues are critical

During the winter make sure your tires have at least 3mm of tread, if not consider getting special winter tires

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
good car advice is to pump your breaks in icy weather even if you have ABS because pumping + abs is twice as good as just one of them

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Don't be a cheap dick, change your own headlights

There's videos on YouTube ffs

Why does my phone capitalize you tube

A secret mechanic trick to make headlight bulbs last a reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllllllllllllyyy long time: put your greasy drat fingers all over the bulb before you slot it in and reassemble the housing

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

A secret mechanic trick to make headlight bulbs last a reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllllllllllllyyy long time: put your greasy drat fingers all over the bulb before you slot it in and reassemble the housing

that's a trade secret bub

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Don't ever take responsibility for your repairs and maintenance so you can get everything at the dealership. If they try and push back just talk about all the bad reviews and surveys you're gonna write

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

have a big fart in your car and all day the spicy scent will be your reward

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
Put your peewee in the cigarette lighter thing you whore

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
if you aren't used to driving stick, just leave it in 3rd the whole time and then you don't have to worry about shifting!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Don't be a cheap dick, change your own headlights

There's videos on YouTube ffs

Why does my phone capitalize you tube

My friend, YouTube is the name of an actual thing and capitalization in this case is proper :agesilaus:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

put a bike in the back of ur car so you have a bike with you on your journey!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

whenever you need windshield wipers, just go to a really big parking lot and find someone with the same car and trade wipers with them.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I like to put the wheels on backwards every other week to keep the mileage down

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Holy poo poo that just reminded me. I saw some guy in an SUV driving with the front wheels installed in reverse, as in the inside facing outward.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Fill the centre console/armrest with ice:

et voilą! a minibar for your bourbon during those long and lonesome drives to work!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

satanic splash-back posted:

whenever you need windshield wipers, just go to a really big parking lot and find someone with the same car and trade wipers with them.

My stock ones still sort of work lol. Used to go through a pair a winter with all that snow poo poo.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Pro driving lifehack--to go fast press the pedal on the RIGHT, to slow down or stop press the pedal in the MIDDLE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
If you suck at driving, stop driving :D

• Locked thread