Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

Well, despite my efforts, I got vacationed again. If we start before next weekend can someone take a list from me for my first couple picks?

yeah you can PM me a shortlist if you won't be around, I'll be following the draft and don't pick until 25th in the first so if you or anyone else won't be around I'm down to help keep things moving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Hmmm. I'd better do this before we start. Things are getting hectic for me right now and it would be better to be a spectator for this. Can we find one more to take the Jets from me?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Does the two hours star running as soon as the previous team makes a pick, or does everybody have a two-hour scheduled block of time to submit their pick?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

FBS posted:

Does the two hours star running as soon as the previous team makes a pick, or does everybody have a two-hour scheduled block of time to submit their pick?

It's based on when the previous pick is made, and pauses for certain hours overnight. Keeps things flowing pretty well, last year things moved at a good pace.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Yeah usually the first bunch of rounds go pretty quickly then it sort of slows when you have decide between the dredges of the NHL

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Anyone want to swap spots? I'm not sure if I want to do #7 again. I did #29 last year and I think #9 the year before.

Also, the first time around I drafted Hedman, Vlasic, Hamilton, Klein, Fayne, Gormley and Orlov as my D. Various people said it was garbage and they would suck. Well Hedman, Vlasic, Klein and Orlov finished #3,9,11, and 12 for 5v5 P/60 by D last season. Hamilton was 42. gently caress y'all. I won't say anything about the other two drafts.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

eXXon posted:

Anyone want to swap spots? I'm not sure if I want to do #7 again. I did #29 last year and I think #9 the year before.

Also, the first time around I drafted Hedman, Vlasic, Hamilton, Klein, Fayne, Gormley and Orlov as my D. Various people said it was garbage and they would suck. Well Hedman, Vlasic, Klein and Orlov finished #3,9,11, and 12 for 5v5 P/60 by D last season. Hamilton was 42. gently caress y'all. I won't say anything about the other two drafts.

I'm down to swap from #25, provided that sort of thing is allowed

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

man I hope Tyler Johnson is available at 23...........................

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Congrats on not picking first again Boomer!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Menamino posted:

I'm down to swap from #25, provided that sort of thing is allowed

Ok let's do it before anyone thinks to say no.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Swaps before we start are cool in my book.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

ThinkTank posted:

Congrats on not picking first again Boomer!

Nobody else can provide the entertainment at 1st OA that I did, though.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Id like to move up from 19 if possible

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am open to offers. Please start your offer with a compliment about how great a Red Wings player of your choice is.

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.

VJeff posted:

I am open to offers. Please start your offer with a compliment about how great a Red Wings player of your choice is.

Hello I like Mrazek.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
brendan smith isn't andreas lilja 1.1 please

stab
Feb 12, 2003

VJeff posted:

Mathieu dandenault is a really nice guy and could play both forward and defense

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I liked Dandenault because his name looked like Dandynaut and it made me think of some kind of advanced explorer who explores the furthest fringes of frilly fashion instead of space or the ocean.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

VJeff posted:

Abdelkader is good and cool and worth the money he is being paid

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.

Technetium posted:

Abdelkader is good and cool and worth the money he is being paid

RIP the Nashville Predators.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sorry if I missed it, but do we have an official start date?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

ThinkTank posted:

Sorry if I missed it, but do we have an official start date?

Wednesday the 6th at 10 AM

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

lazerwolf posted:

Wednesday the 6th at 10 AM

Thanks! Sorry, somehow I missed that above the draft order

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Can someone replace me?

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

With the first pick I select Matt Martin

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

If my picks are bad it's because I'm pretty sure I have zika.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I need to come up with a theme for this years draft. Picking BPA gets too boring by about halfway in.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

I need to come up with a theme for this years draft. Picking BPA gets too boring by about halfway in.

Steal JoelJoel's thing and pick good saskachoowan boys (or quebec or bc or whatever)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

Pick all of SAS' whipping boys

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

stab posted:

Pick all of SAS' whipping boys

conversely pick SAS's favorite underrated players like Jason Akeson

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is around the point where I realize all the wrong picks I can make with number one an begin to feat SAS' inevitable scorn and ridicule. :ohdear:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just pick Tatar, think of the salary you'll save long term.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

VJeff posted:

This is around the point where I realize all the wrong picks I can make with number one an begin to feat SAS' inevitable scorn and ridicule. :ohdear:

That can be solved so easily just by picking John Scott though!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I probably missed it somewhere but are we using a site like yahoo or something like that or am I expected to know how much each player costs against the cap and keep track of that as I draft? Because I know this might be hard to believe with how awesome I am as a poster and stuff but I'm pretty loving dumb about this poo poo in real life.

And most other stuff too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You update the Google spreadsheet and you pull cap hit from general fanager or capfriendly or whatever.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

I probably missed it somewhere but are we using a site like yahoo or something like that or am I expected to know how much each player costs against the cap and keep track of that as I draft? Because I know this might be hard to believe with how awesome I am as a poster and stuff but I'm pretty loving dumb about this poo poo in real life.

And most other stuff too.

Fill your picks into the spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USAL3-EVziJcfWq-CTtAQETjt5AFZCGFXdOc8PpsFR4/edit

You can look up a player's salary on generalfanager.ca or a similar site.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Now I have to do math? loving gently caress.

I plan on filling my roster with players that are making 1M or less, making it easier for me to stay under the Cap. I'm not worried about actually winning - which is why I took the Ducks. Gonna do Mook proud.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
With the 21st overall pick the Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to select Tyler Johnson

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Flyinglemur posted:

Now I have to do math? loving gently caress.

I plan on filling my roster with players that are making 1M or less, making it easier for me to stay under the Cap. I'm not worried about actually winning - which is why I took the Ducks. Gonna do Mook proud.

The spreadsheet will auto calculate the cap hit once it's inputted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

T-Bone posted:

The spreadsheet will auto calculate the cap hit once it's inputted.

What a time to be alive!

• Locked thread