Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Karlsson is the person I would take after Crosby and McDavid, especially with his contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I have Joel Joel's list that he sent to me a few days ago, I asked him last night if he still wanted me to stick with it but haven't heard from him. I pick after him so I could knock out 2 picks back to back but didn't wanna move forward until I was sure it was kosher still

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Menamino posted:

I have Joel Joel's list that he sent to me a few days ago, I asked him last night if he still wanted me to stick with it but haven't heard from him. I pick after him so I could knock out 2 picks back to back but didn't wanna move forward until I was sure it was kosher still

Do it.

Yeah Karlsson Crosby and McDavid should have been 1-3. Not sure in what order.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

No write-ups since I'm waiting for my car to finish being inspected on 5% battery life, but the highest guy left on Joel's list is Jamie benn

And since my guy is left here I'll go with a homer-y yet solid value pick and take my man John Tavares

I feel like the linemate of a recent pick will go next, and could be argued as a better value than Tavares, but I'll go with my heart and start my team of intangible havers here.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at Ovie at 1 and Stamkos at 3

All the other picks were good

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Menamino posted:

No write-ups since I'm waiting for my car to finish being inspected on 5% battery life, but the highest guy left on Joel's list is Jamie benn

And since my guy is left here I'll go with a homer-y yet solid value pick and take my man John Tavares

I feel like the linemate of a recent pick will go next, and could be argued as a better value than Tavares, but I'll go with my heart and start my team of intangible havers here.

Don't think Tavares is much of a homer pick. He's still young and really damned good.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Tavares is on an insanely good contract, too.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I can still pick for now. Once I can't really pick any more I will let you all know.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Spreadsheet notes section game already strong this year.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Paulocaust posted:

Lol at Ovie at 1 and Stamkos at 3

All the other picks were good

In hindsight I probably would have taken Tavares or Karlsson had I not forgotten we were starting this four minutes before I had to leave for work today. :v:

Oh well, I still like Stamkos fit his contract, the fact he's only 26, and the fact he's been fairly durable over his career.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Starsfan or tofes is on the clock.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I demand special privilege to make Crosby's cap hit 8,787,870

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If it's this slow in the first round then I would debate whether or not this is even worth doing

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I seem to recall it being exactly like this last year. If anything getting through 7 picks already is astonishing.

e: i mean picks two and three missed their windows so....................

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think this is pretty much the same pace as in previous years, no?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

yeah the pace seems fine, if we stick to the window system and move on after 2 hours have passed we'll still get through the first round in about the same time as last year probably

e: which means furnaceface can pick in 8 minutes if the previous pick isn't made

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yeah this is fine. We have the whole summer guys. Hockey isn't going to be back anytime soon sadly.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
this is why having back to backs owns

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Menamino posted:

yeah the pace seems fine, if we stick to the window system and move on after 2 hours have passed we'll still get through the first round in about the same time as last year probably

e: which means furnaceface can pick in 8 minutes if the previous pick isn't made

Looks like Ill get to pick before work either way, a good thing! :toot:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

If it's this slow in the first round then I would debate whether or not this is even worth doing

It's only 3:30 on the first day, chill the hell out. :lol:

T-Bone posted:

Hell yeah. :hf:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hey furnaceface you can pick now

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I pick Jean Bleau

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

Haha you're picking 30th two years in a row?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

I pick Jean Bleau

Ooh la la!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Don't think Tavares is much of a homer pick. He's still young and really damned good.

i am the bird posted:

Tavares is on an insanely good contract, too.

Yeah I agree with both of these thoughts. There's just a very similar player to him out there in both skill and contract that some could argue should be picked higher, however we on Long Island value character and intangibles and feel Tavares brings these a bit more than that other guy.

I also have a lot more Tavares gifs than I do of the other fella, here, have some

I don't have any gifs of the series winner against Florida, but don't worry, I do watch this video of it fairly regularly as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgV2_CLMd1s

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Calgary Flames are proud to select good Ontario boy, and former Barrie Colt, Aaron Ekblad as their first overall pick.

In only his second full season the 34 year old qui.. wait, hes 20? Holy poo poo.

Anyway, the kid has basically established himself as a number one defenseman in only his second season. He can already soak huge minutes, is great defensively, and has a bomb of a shot from the point. And the best part? He is only going to get better as he becomes more accustomed to the NHL level of play.

Did I mention he just signed a sweet loving contract?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ekblad is the only D I would consider taking over Karlsson. I'm glad he went 5th overall because he deserves to.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

Haha you're picking 30th two years in a row?

I think I had like 12 or 13 last year.

I was 29 or 28 or some poo poo the year before that though.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Florida Panthers select Victor Hedman. he is a huge man & his shot suppression and generation numbers are great, and even manage to stand out relative to the rest of his super talented team, and i think the contract he is signed to rocks

e: mentholmoose is up

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
If you still need a replacement GM for Winnipeg, I'm game.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Ekblad is the only D I would consider taking over Karlsson. I'm glad he went 5th overall because he deserves to.

I'd rather have Hedman than Ekblad.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Jordan7hm posted:

I'd rather have Hedman than Ekblad.

Agreed there's probably 5 other defenseman I'd rather have than Ekblad this early.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
I forget which team I am interim GM of but we select PK Subban

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Laderhan posted:

If you still need a replacement GM for Winnipeg, I'm game.

For now I am fine but maybe soon.

Also Hedman rules a lot but Ekblad is 20 and if he gets even a little bit better he's gonna win a Norris.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

I think I had like 12 or 13 last year.

I was 29 or 28 or some poo poo the year before that though.

O poo poo yeah you were, dunno what I was looking at

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

tofes posted:

I forget which team I am interim GM of but we select PK Subban

With Shea Weber still on the board? Well I know which team you're not the GM of.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
So, I've been considering two options, both of which I know won't last another five picks.

My first option is probably the better player overall. That said, I'm going to pick my second option, Tyler Seguin because he's signed for an extremely affordable $5.75 million for the next three years, he's a center, and both his fancy and traditional stats are still excellent. Also Peter Chiarelli traded him away for peanuts, so you know he's good.

Good Soldier Svejk is up now.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

lazerwolf posted:

Agreed there's probably 5 other defenseman I'd rather have than Ekblad this early.

Im risking him being at his ceiling sure, but at 20 years old and already getting Norris votes its worth the chance. All his competition at D is older and will start to regress sooner.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

In The Google Sheets how do you make it so the 1st row is locked when you scroll? And how do you add stuff like the drop down menus that let you sort by columns easily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I was hoping for Seguin to fall but Vladimir Tarasenko isn't a bad runner-up.

Goals are hard to come by in the NHL, and the top ten goal-scorers under 25 in the past two seasons are Seguin and this guy. He's also locked to a very friendly long-term contract at $7.5m until 2024.

• Locked thread