Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

I totally forgot about Conor Garland man Arizona's system is nuts

I almost picked him over Point

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Kadri, Bergeron, Steen, Beleseky don't score goals? Bergeron had the most goals last year of anyone on my team. Pirri is a 15+ player. Buchnevich should be formidable. I have two 10-15 goal scorers on my fourth line in Smith and Larsson. I'm not sure why you think I lack offense when I have 3 30-goal scorers plus several 15-20 goal scorers, including Steen who's a 50-60 point player and Kadri who's probably a 60-point player used correctly. And that's with Mantha in the fold. Not to mention I have one of the best puck-moving defenses drafted and it's not like Drew Doughty won't add to the offense playing 25 minutes a night.

Parise-Bergeron-Simmonds-Steen-Doughty isn't a good powerplay?

I wish I had three thirty goal scorers. I had a goal (lol) of making a team capable of hitting 220 goals because that seemed to be the cutoff for the playoffs this year and still be competitive (ie LA/TB/NSH/STL all hit 224). I believe extrapolating goals from shortened seasons/rookie scoring I should hit that but my team is definitely a scoring by committee team unless Aho/Nylander blow poo poo up next year.

Technetium fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I should hit 220 goals with just my forwards. I think my team coached by Julien would be one of the best four teams in the league and would contend for a Cup. If Elliot doesn't poo poo the bed as a full-time starter.

Yeah goal scoring shouldn't be your problem. I'm slightly concerned how bad some of your forwards seem to be at shot suppression though.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Speaking of possession and shot suppression: Logan Couture. Oops. At least Parenteau/Gaudreau should make that line work.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I think my first line is really good defensively, especially with Bergeron/Parise. My middle six definitely lacks defensive forwards. My strategy was to get a great puck-moving team that produces offensively so that the lack of defensive forwards matters less. Elliot is capable of being average over 55-60 games.

You think my team would lose the goal differential battle? It's probably a 250-goal team and I think that's good enough to be one of the best teams in the league. I don't think I lack depth at all considering between Beleseky/Pirri that's gonna be 30-35 goals between those two on the third line. And again Smith/Larsson on my fourth line actually do drive offense respectably and pot 10+ goals.

Also the lines aren't set in stone and a lot depends on how Buchnevich develops this year.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Ah I saw you said "every line but the top" just now. I dunno Kadri/Steen drive shot differential as far as I see. And Buchnevich looks good.

I personally don't see 250 goals coming from that squad. You'll be scoring a lot of goals though, I'd guess 230-240 which is still really high. Steen/Kadri are also both not great at shot suppression so while they'll drive shots for they'll allow shots against, so much so that Steen was actually a negative CFREL player last year and has been declining in his defensive abilities every year.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

T-Bone posted:

someone be a man and do power rankings (WITH goddamn blurbs) I simmed this entire loving thing last year

Did you do last year's? I thought you did the year before.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

ThinkTank posted:

He signed back in Russia and doesn't have an NHL contract. Is he permitted?

I mean he can have him but he's not eligible for his team

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Use the General Fanager expansion tool to figure it out you drat nerds

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

My Expansion List

Protected
Johnny Gaudreau
Logan Couture
Paul Stastny
Evander Kane
Vladislav Namestnikov
Andrej Nestrasil
Kerby Rychel
William Nylander (Ineligible)
Sebastian Aho (Ineligible)
Brayden Point (Ineligible)

Kris Letang
Erik Johnson
Esa Lindell
Linus Hultstrom (Ineligible)
Jakob Chychrun (Ineligible)

Steve Mason
Juuse Saros (Ineligible)

Exposed
PA Parenteau
Coling Greening
Mikhail Grabovski

Karl Alzner
Slater Koekkoek

Calvin Pickard

stab posted:

same since ill probably have to protect 2 goalies fml

You cannot protect two goalies.

T-Bone posted:

/signs Stephen GIonta, Eric Gelinas, Joseph Blandisi

I've got what, 26 contract slots at least left? Probably more with Boeser?

Is this going to be allowed?

eXXon posted:

I picked so many ineligible players that I'd have to expose Domingue according to the dumb rules but are we seriously following them to the letter?

Yes or otherwise what's the point?

e: We should fill out picks in the sheet to organize them someone make something

Technetium fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 17, 2016

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

We should probably also start consensus picking for teams at some point here to round out expansion lists and stuff if we want to do this right.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

tofes posted:

good job killing the thread

no u did

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

why the gently caress do i keep picking evander kane in anything

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I wish I'd stop picking Evander Kane in things

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

My dumb team:

Gaudreau (hurt) - Stastny - Nylander
Evander Kane - Couture - Sebastian Aho
Namestnikov - Nestrasil - Parenteau
Colin Greening - Brayden Point - Rychel
Grabovski (hurt)

Chychrun - Letang
Alzner - E. Johnson
Lindell - Koekkoek
Hultstrom (SHL)

Stebe Mason
Calbin Pickard

Darryl Sutter

overall I'm actually still happy with it, Nylander was well worth a 4th round pick despite the naysayers
Hultstrom didn't pan out like I hoped
Chychrun/Point seem like great late round picks
plus I got the best coach in hockey to smooth over the rough spots
and the core of my team is all under 30 other than Stastny
if Evander Kane would pick his poo poo up I'd be pretty happy with my top six, I like the rest of my team other than playing Koekkoek out of position and my 4th line being questionable
RIP Grabovski, one headshot too many :(

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

lazerwolf posted:

I made a python script if anyone wants to get their player stats quickly from hockey-reference. The only input required is a .txt file with each player per line.
Here it is

I'm an idiot can you make it so it grabs advanced stats too like CF%, CF%Rel, PDO?

e: also could you tell me how to use it

Technetium fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 30, 2016

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Lineup Creator

So this is a neat tool where you can just plug in names and it estimates your teams CF%, CF/60, CA/60, GF%, GF/60, GA/60 and points over the course of a season. I plugged my poo poo team into it and got this:

So I drafted a mediocre team that'll squeak into the playoffs, assuming everyone is healthy, which seems incredibly accurate. I substituted Matt Martin and Nikita Soshnikov for Greening and Kerby Rychel.

You just have to download that sheet and pop it into excel or google sheets.

I quickly plugged Brodeur's Nunnery into it because he had the most impressive looking team to me on this page, substituting parenteau for buchnevich, and welp:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

pfffffft

Plugging in my second pairing as being

Ristolainen - Bowmeester

as opposed to

Gardiner - Carrick

costs me like 6 games.

Cool tool though

thats because Ristolainen sucks rear end at defense and also offense at even strength and bouwmeester is also bad

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Iodised QQ posted:

That's what I'm sayin, I built the Isles to fill some Barclay seats and get good ratings. Defense is for the birds.

I'd be really curious to see how these sims work out, looking forward to them.

e: I put them into the lineup creator thing

Clarke MacArthur got murdered by a teammate so I put in the forgettable Alan Quine, Erik Condra got hurt so I left that default Toronto dude on my 4th line since I've never heard of him. Much like the guy above who got screwed by the real Isles not playing Barzal, my 3rd d pair of Scott Mayfield (little short on minutes) and Ryan Pulock (kept in AHL despite owning) don't exist. So I left the default Maple Leaf third pair.

I wondered how the projection would be effected by swapping Ehlers and Kucherov, but it actually doesn't change much. Ehlers surprised me a lot this year. And the Marchand-Tavares-Kucherov trio have pretty much lived up to any expectations I could've had for them. Fun team actually seems to be surprisingly successful!

How the gently caress did you get Tavares Marchand and Kucherov holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Could you restart and make my team win more games thanks

• Locked thread