Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I'll take Winnipeg. Good to see an idea I started still going strong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Hmmm. I'd better do this before we start. Things are getting hectic for me right now and it would be better to be a spectator for this. Can we find one more to take the Jets from me?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Can someone replace me?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Karlsson is the person I would take after Crosby and McDavid, especially with his contract.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I can still pick for now. Once I can't really pick any more I will let you all know.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If it's this slow in the first round then I would debate whether or not this is even worth doing

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ekblad is the only D I would consider taking over Karlsson. I'm glad he went 5th overall because he deserves to.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Laderhan posted:

If you still need a replacement GM for Winnipeg, I'm game.

For now I am fine but maybe soon.

Also Hedman rules a lot but Ekblad is 20 and if he gets even a little bit better he's gonna win a Norris.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Don't mention unpicked players, that's the main rule of this. Edit your post

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Also I am still gonna pick for the Jets at 26.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

All these teams winning Cups surely have elite goalies...

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Surprised he hasn't gone already. Great pick.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Too early for Pavs, but not too too early. He's awesome.

Who's next?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Me too. I'm obsessed with the guy. He's 21 and on an amazing contract and he's emerging as the new Kopitar real fast.

This leaves one more player who I really really hope will fall to me.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Oh poo poo I'm up! Wow I'm surprised this next pick fell.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

The Winnipeg Jets are delighted to select with the 26th-overall pick Drew Doughty.

I believe he should have gone top 15 considering he's been a leading player in possession analytics for years, is locked up for another 3 years at $7m, and is still just 26 years old with multiple Cups.

I want my team to be built on skating and possession, which is an obvious strategy, and there are very very few defensemen who are better than Doughty with respect to that strategy.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

eXXon posted:

There were only 5 defensemen picked before him....

I think Doughty should have been picked after Karlsson and Ekblad. He's 26 and dominant at both ends of the ice, has multiple Cups, and routinely has league-leading possession analytics. And he's only making $7m. I'd take him over Subban.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

it is extremely generous to call drew doughty dominant at both ends of the ice in light of what actually dominant offensive d-men are doing these days

I'll give it to you that he doesn't rack up points the way Burns and Karlsson do but he is one of the absolute best D in the league at transition passing/skating.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I would not take him over Subban if they had the same salary, but the fact that he makes $2m less makes him more coveted for me. His analytics relative to his team are a little lower than I thought but they're still excellent over his career. Getting him at 26 is something I did not think would happen.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

the talent deficit posted:

oh i gotta pick again, john klingberg

josi and klingberg, combined, almost equal a karlsson

jordan7hm is up

That's a really nice first pair

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Am I up?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I'm at work but ready when my pick comes. I know it's soon.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ah excellent. I'm not going to make the same mistake I've made in prior years and not take a number one center.

With their second round pick, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select Patrice Bergeron. Bergeron is still just 30 and is coming off a 282-shot, 32-goal season while continuing to be the premier defensive center in the NHL. He dominates on draws and plays in all situations.

Doughty and Bergeron are two guys I am really happy to have, especially for the price and considering I am building a team rooted in possession and to win now.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Paulocaust posted:

LOL justin faulk

You're dumb, Faulk is young, on a great contract, and absolutely loving awesome

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Schneider is the only goalie I would consider taking this high in the draft. Great contract, great durability, and crazy good consistency. Obviously when Price is healthy he's in the mix this early as well. Price/Schneider are the only goalies I would defensibly take in the first three rounds.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Yeah that's way too early on him considering he played with Kane all year. I think he's a very good complementary player but when we are talking second round, he is not a guy to build your team around. There are players his age who I would much rather have right now.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I am praying for a scoring forward to be available by the time it gets to me, these last ten picks were brutal to watch, all awesome young players

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Wheeler/Toffoli is awesome

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

mentholmoose posted:

Hey, I'm still out. But I'll take Jake Voracek.

First line of Seguin-Backstrom-Voracek? :getin:

God drat that's a dank first line

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Who should I send a list to for tomorrow?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

So I am pretty sure I sent a list to Jordan7hm but it's not showing up in sent messages. I am working tomorrow but will let you guys know if I can't pick. I probably can, I just ask the favor of one of you saying "Brodeur's Nanny is up" so I can check at work and know to pick.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Otis Reddit posted:

Ryan McDonagh!

Taken already

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

It's fine I can pick. I go in like ten picks or something right!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Good pick

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Gabriel Landeskog. He's young and talented and would probably be pretty good away from that garbage fire team he's on.

He goes under the radar in Colorado but he does everything pretty drat well and he has crazy good poise.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I am pretty torn between 3 players for my next pick, but I have settled on who I'm taking as long as you losers don't take him in the next three picks

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

S

eXXon posted:

They're all on my list.

Actually I'm going to sleep soon so I might have to send my list to someone. Any volunteers?

You can send them to me

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

lazerwolf then exxon then me

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Very nice pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Wow I was really hoping people would forget about him. It's too early to take him but if he is himself it's a good pick.

• Locked thread