Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I be Rangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
When do we do this.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Sorry friends! Thought today was Wednesday and yesterday Tuesday due to :gop: day! I take Taylor Hall

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I was huffing glue and pretending he'd be around at my next pick. Great selection

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Hmmm. let's see here..

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Ryan Johansen

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
standby.

Otis Reddit fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 10, 2016

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
..err... Keith Yandle

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I would've grabbed Duke if I was around for my pick. Or Vatanen. For my pick, I will grab ... Henrik Lundqvist.

Otis Reddit fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 12, 2016

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I must pick Zuccarello.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Christian Dvorak please

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
That's a good core you've got there. For my next pick... Kevin Klein. Good cheap D.

Otis Reddit fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 17, 2016

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I only have 2 D, coincidentally the 2 best D on the (real) Rangers the past two years -- Yandle and Klein.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Well, yeah.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Jussi Jokinen is a very versatile and always underrated guy, so I'm getting him.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Gonna snag Michael Del Zotto because I realize now that I know barely half the players in the Western Conference.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I had two D pegged here, but youth always wins, and the other guy may make it back to me in the next round or two, but I doubt that Ryan Murphy will.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Flyinglemur posted:

I need some more Defense and I'm sure I will get lambasted for this but I'm picking a guy that looked pretty good in the playoffs on a team that wasn't playing very good. (Keep in mind I am doing this with zero help from any fancy stats whatsoever - as if that wasn't obvious).

The Mighty Ducks select this fine looking young man

Brady Shay...Shea...Skjei? Really? That can't be right

Not being a Rangers fan I don't know if he's really terrible or not but he looked pretty good for what I saw of him, his contract is in my wheel house and hopefully he will get a little better.

He seems to be in a similar spot to where McDonagh was about five or six years ago. Maybe not as silky smooth but I see him becoming at least a steady 19 minute a night second pair guy who moves the puck very well and does everything else a team would ask of him. Perhaps even untapped potential. Very very good pick.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Holy gently caress Paulocaust has $12 million space left and he's only got a 10 person team.
Those bottom two lines are going to have to be bargain bin as hell

So you're saying he's a better GM than he is poster?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

i am the bird posted:

I'll take Kevan Miller. I'm on my phone and can't tell if he's gone because my spreadsheet app isn't loading, but it looks like he's available?

mother fucker

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Though his back is probably about to explode at any second, I like Jamie McGinn here.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Dammit. I have to decide whether or not to forgo having a good 3C or take a young dude with potential to make this a steal. And gently caress it, I always play it safw. I'm gonna probably wind up with two solid 4C's with potential, which isn't the end of the world.

Winnipeg takes Pavel Buchnevich.

Mothered fucker........

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I have two of my guys available here, so I'm gonna pick the younger one, and at a thinner position despite his awful contract. Step on up, Jeff Carter.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
My Control F was broken sorry guys.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
gently caress it. I'll take my coach here. Mike Sullivan

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Just got back in the country; my apologies guys. How many picks am I behind?

I'm going to pick the same player twice in Simon Despres and Ben Lovejoy -- Though Despres is a bit bigger and probably moves the puck a bit better.

and I ned some PKing and some speed, so I'm going to go for Josh Jooris. This is the fun part of the draft where everyone is garbage and my picks are still around days later.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I believe that one of the better goalies who's left , and at a decent cap hit is Scott Darling. So I will pick him and pretend like he's got a $2MM cap hit and Hank has a reasonable one.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I had him picked but went with Darling at the last minute.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I'll take one Michal Roszival to go please, for my 7D spot.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Who's up? How is this working?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I'm gonna roll the dice on the fact that Radim Vrbata will play next year and won't suck too bad, because I need a bottom six. :downs:

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I'm gonna get some youth up front:
Adrian Kempe and Michael Dal Colle

I may be oldish and mediocre, but my pretend hockey team won't be (eventually)

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I need one more center, so I'm gonna snag Matt Cullen. Fingers crossed that he doesn't hang up the skates.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Hall - Johansen - Zuccarello
Dvorak - Jokinen - Vrbata
McGinn - Cullen - Kempe
Dal Colle - Jooris - xxxx
xxxx, xxxx

Yandle - Klein
Del Zotto - Murphy
Despres - Lovejoy
Roszival

Lundqvist,
Darling

:downs:

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Parise-Bergeron-Simmonds
Steen-Kadri-Buchnevich
Beleskey-Karlsson-Mantha
Larsson-Smith-Josefson

Doughty-McNabb
Werenski-Hamonic
Pysyk-Postma

Elliot
Johnson

Coach: Julien

100+ points right here.

:barf: :barf:

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I have $18MM in cap space so I'm going to take Ryan Callahan

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Mike Santorelli because I have a feeling Paulocaust will pick him, even though he's rather lousy. Not the worst guy for your fourth line.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Who shitted up the spread sheet.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
for my final pick.. a good depth forward who i've felt has been pretty underrated: John Mal Mitchell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Scoopy poopy doo. I'll post lines in a little bit.

• Locked thread