Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'll be the Florida Panthers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Florida Panthers select Victor Hedman. he is a huge man & his shot suppression and generation numbers are great, and even manage to stand out relative to the rest of his super talented team, and i think the contract he is signed to rocks

e: mentholmoose is up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium posted:

stop taking all the young talent you assholes

there's still some top 10 talent around

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The RECAPITATOR posted:

So am I on the clock or we giving Ottis some more time?

I pretty much know who I'm grabbing and I am going to sleep in like 30 minutes. So if that's that, then I'll give my pick tomorrow morning?

otis went on the clock at 7:40 est and his 2 hours ended at 9:40 est, so you can pick right now if you want

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it is extremely generous to call drew doughty dominant at both ends of the ice in light of what actually dominant offensive d-men are doing these days

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'm stuck at work so I can't do the sheet, Florida takes Matt Duchene

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Blake wheeler rules

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jake muzzin also kicks butt. look at all these good picks

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

there's like 20 dudes about as good as draisatl, trochek and toffoli still available. was prob too early to take any of them

they're all better than duchene tho

as soon as duchene escapes from the hell that is patrick roy he will prove his #51 overall value to you all

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Menamino is up then

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

this is where tofes drafts the player i want & crushes my hopes and dreams in retaliation for me loving up his one pick last year

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tofes posted:

are you talking about alex pietrangelo?

no, which makes me feel dumb for not seeing alex pietrangelo on the board

the Florida Panthers select Hampus Lindholm. his possession stats are great, his expected goal numbers are very good, his zone transition play is great and he drives possession and scoring chances in a pretty ridiculous way. he's 22 and under control for 4 more years. my swedish defense will reign supreme

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Can I pick yet?

you can as of 201 est

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I'll be here, you can PM me a list

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

veskit was unable to recover from the loss of wayne train. Jordan7hm can pick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lazerwolf is up at 10 followed by Technetium then Metapod. here is to a fun day of picking and joy folks

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium's 2 hours is up, Metapod can pick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Eberle is the poo poo and that's a good rear end pick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Neal is also good and also a good pick. yall making some intelligent hockey choices today

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

man that was like every dude right off my shortlist gone in an 8 pick run. and then jacob trouba.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Florida Panthers select Anthony Duclair due to his exceptional fancy stats, his great per 60 numbers at even strength, and his mere 20 years of life upon god's green earth

Furnaceface can pick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

everyone drafting seems more hip to the fancies this year so i adjusted my rankings a little. i'm not sure if duclair would have lasted til the middle of next round or if he would have gone before my next pick came up but i'm not risking it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Boo Im at work and you jerks moved so slow yesterday I thought Id be fine until my lunch.

look at this fool who isn't tracking everyone's average time taken per pick. if you aren't ahead you're behind

Menamino is up, followed by JoelJoel and Yaya

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am the bird posted:

I'm going with REJUVENATED left wing Jonathan Drouin

great pick you jerk rear end bitch

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

VJeff is getting smacked down with the dreaded double skip, i am the bird is up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Dandy Kaiser's clock is a-ticking, even if it's gonna be a-stopping soon

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

top 10 value this late, real solid

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

furnace face is yp

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I had a lot of names I was looking at here, the Florida Panthers have decided to take Mike Hoffman. he has one of the best 5v5 p/60s over the past 2 seasons along with good fancy stats and he seems especially good at generating offense all on his lonesome

mentholmoose is up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer the Cannon is up and has until 4:37 PM EST to pick. following that, we got Otis Reddit and The RECAPITATOR

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium posted:

Was really hoping he'd fall to me again like last year, him and Hoffman were the two centers I seriously thought about over Nylander.

can you really call your tyler johnson pick last season him "falling to you"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hoffman-Duchene-Duclair

Hedman-Lindholm

5v5 no goalies come see me b*tch

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Otis Reddit posted:

I must pick Zuccarello.

I was between hoffman and zuc and it was a real hard choice for me because I love that tiny man and his fractured skull

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i hope he gets even more injuries and becomes a useless 6 million dollar husk of a man and the blackhawks suffer forever in cap hell where they belong

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

stab is up and has until 8:07 EST. i guess lazerwolf has his list

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Metapod's timer started at 9:26 so he's got until 11:26 AM to pick

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

pastrnak is the poo poo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

2:33 pm has come and gone and that means Flyinglemur is skipped. Good Soldier Svejk is up with mentholmoose to follow

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Florida Panthers have been searching high and low for a second line center and of the guys I like, I'm taking the one who isn't injured constantly - Mikael Backlund

he has a very positive effect on his teammate's possession numbers, they all do worse when away from him, and on my Cats, his playmaking ability will slot in nicely with his dominant goal scoring wingers, TBA and TBA. he may not have as much of an offensive impact as some of the other options I have right now, but he can hold his own and his defensive value is significant enough to offset it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

oh and Furnaceface is up

• Locked thread