Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Jared "sucks" mccann

Nah he's alright. He was played like a 4th liner and was in and out of the lineup all season. He probably should've gone back to junior before 40 games, but he deserved his place on the roster out of training camp. His possession stats are what you expect from a teenager being horribly miscast as a 4th line forward. Give him a playmaking linemate and some real PP time and he'll nab 50 points one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://vine.co/v/eA9hO93pBFq

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

He's all yours but only if you write two full paragraphs explaining why.

Because he should get married to Reese Witherspoon and the two need to insist on hyphenating their children's names and then putting them into hockey so we can have 'Witherspoon-Wotherspoon' across the back of an NHL jersey.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I take Brandon Montour

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Frank Vatrano

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Eric Gudbranson because he's an NHL defenceman.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

more like Eric Badbranson

Despite having one of the bottom 3 defences in the league, I now have a trio of the current Canucks full time defencemen. I am killing it here. :smug:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

Is it just me or is the Canucks' roster the worst in the league? I don't think they're the worst team in the league but it's basically a bunch of bad players, underwhelming prospects, and the Sedins

They're probably the worst team going into next season yes. Management and Ownership has spent the last three years crossing their fingers for a miracle season to prime the team for a sale. They got one, and it resulted in a six game humiliation at the hands of the Flames. It'll take another couple years before they shut it down and rebuild completely (despite it being apparent that was necessary four years ago). They spin it as giving the Sedins another chance, but they can't be expected to produce more than 55 points next year. The best thing for everyone would be to trade them to a contender, but management is deluded into thinking they can stumble across the right mix so they'll keep throwing good picks and players at garbage waiver fodder propped up by intangibles.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take JT Compher

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

So am I up or what? This is getting confusing.

Whatever, I'll take Zack Kassian

Depth Chart

Skinner - Kopitar - Okposo
Horvat - Domi - Coyle
Bailey - Vatrano- Kassian
XXX - McCann - XXX

AHL: Compher

Brodie - Edler
Kulikov - Montour
Hutton - Gudbranson

Schneider

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 10, 2016

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

poo poo. I wanted more Canucks so I could wonder why my team doesn't score any goals.

A distinct lack of mentorship I'd say.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

If we're just picking whenever today I'll take Nick Paul

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

So we're picking again at 10am?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Kevin Connauton

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

We take 6'4 Mike Smith.

He had a fantastic 5v5 save percentage last year in limited minutes (5th in goalies with 1000+ minutes) and I'm hoping for the same type of play, if not quite at that level obviously. He'll play mentor / 1B for Hellebucyk through this season until Connor is ready to take 60 starts, and we'll move him if he doesn't want to transition to a backup after that.

He makes a lot but we have lots of cap room. He also doesn't have a NMC this season so we don't need to protect him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAOKAkEN7SI

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

i am the bird posted:

I haven't done the math in a bit but I feel like I still have a ton of cap room and I have several stupid contracts on the books. Was the cap ceiling ever an actual concern for people last time as they got into the final rounds?

No, but then again Paulocast somehow has $5M left to fill about 6 roster spots

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

tofes posted:

I think this is the best team posted so far

They have a severe case of Starsitis with a suspect goaltending duo and a middle of the road defence.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Chris Stewart because he's a useful dude.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Andrew Copp because he's alright.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Vladislav Kamenev because he had a good AHL rookie season.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

So I thought we had two rounds left not one, and still need to select a backup and a coach. Can I retroactively void my pick yesterday and just select a goalie and then a coach today?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

To maintain my vet/vet/rookie splits gimme Nick Schmaltz's (better?) linemate big Brock Boeser

Boeser has already committed to going back to UND for 2016-17.

I'll take Jonas "THE MONSTER" Gustavsson as my backup because yeah he can sit on a bench and open and close a door well.

I'll take Mike Kitchen as my head coach. He's been Quenville's protege forever, and aside from a couple seasons coaching the garbage Blues, he's never really been given a shot as a bench boss. He'll bring the style of play I want my team to emulate, and hopefully find a bit more success than he did in his first go round.

And thus your 2016-17 Blue Jackets

Skinner-Kopitar-Coyle
Domi-Horvat -Okposo
Bailey-McCann-Kassian
Paul-Vatrano-Stewart

Scratches/AHL: Copp, Compher

Brodie-Edler
Kulikov-Montour
Hutton-Gudbranson
Connauton

Schneider
Gustavsson

Head Coach: Mike Kitchen

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 16, 2016

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I just realized I have the Canucks's top two prospects gently caress

Demko is probably ahead of Juloevi for the time being. Still, those three are genuinely top tier prospects so there's nothing to be ashamed of. The rest of that depth though...

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

will lead me to the 2019 Stanley Cup Championship yes I know

I was referring to the Canucks lack of prospect depth.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Oh hey, Vladislav Kamenev is still available. Guess I have my centre prospect now!

Technically I drafted him two rounds ago, but I dropped him because I realized there was only two rounds left and I needed a backup and a coach. So you're welcome :colbert:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

i'll take sergei plotnikov with my last pick. his name is awesom

He signed back in Russia and doesn't have an NHL contract. Is he permitted?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Exposed
Jeff Zatkoff
Mike Richards

Teams must expose one defenceman who played 40 NHL games the previous year, two forwards who played 40 games and one goaltender under contract.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Skinner-Kopitar-Coyle
Domi-Horvat -Okposo
Bailey-McCann-Kassian
Paul-Vatrano-Stewart

Brodie-Edler
Kulikov-Montour
Hutton-Gudbranson
Connauton

Schneider
Gustavsson

Bold: Protected
Italics: Exempt

Exposed:

F: Zack Kassian, Chris Stewart
D: Eric Gudbranson, Kevin Connauton
G: Jonas Gustavsson

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Skinner-Kopitar-Coyle
Domi-Horvat -Okposo
Bailey-McCann-Kassian
Paul-Vatrano-Stewart

Brodie-Edler
Kulikov-Montour
Hutton-Gudbranson
Connauton

Schneider
Gustavsson

Exposed:

Yes my bottom six IS a paper thin mess, thanks for noticing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Skinner-Kopitar-Coyle
Domi-Horvat -Okposo
Bailey-McCann-Kassian
Paul-Vatrano-Stewart

Brodie-Edler
Kulikov-Montour
Hutton-Gudbranson
Connauton

Schneider
Gustavsson

Exposed:

A core of Kopitar, Schneider and Brodie. Woof.

• Locked thread